Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Light rain = Excitement!

:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

D. Ebdrup posted:

Unfortunately it was the #88 too, wherein Satoshi Hoshino had his fair share of problems - but this one wasn't #88s fault, it was a blind angle I think?

I wouldn't fully blame him for it, no.

That rebellion 3 is a mess

farcry
Jan 18, 2006
no3 rebellion crashed out pretty hard at the 2nd chicane drivers fine and its now in the garage. might be able to get out again.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

farcry posted:

no3 rebellion crashed out pretty hard at the 2nd chicane drivers fine and its now in the garage. might be able to get out again.

its already out again.......

Which just feels crazy for that level of shunt

The Croc fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 15, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

GTE Pro is now a 6-way race!

The Croc posted:

I wouldn't fully blame him for it, no.

That rebellion 3 is a mess
Doug Feehan said, in what could be considered a very measured and diplomatic response, that he thought "there was a lack of talent involved", or something to that effect. Mind you, he's the Corvette boss, so it's probably not completely biased, but I'm just an amateur so what do I know.

The mechanics did a good days work, that's for sure.

EDIT: Apparently Christina Nielsen is busy in an American league this year, that's why she isn't driving with Michelle Gatting. Would be fantastic to have those two on a team together!

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 15, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Patrick Dempsey is "in a tough position and has to be respectful to a customer". Yes, I'm sure he is. He also said that he'd "be annoyed if he was in Marcel Fässlers shoes".
In non-diplomatic language, he sounds like he knows the driver of #88 was at fault for not holding his line through the Porsche curves.

EDIT: In better news, Rahel Frey has gotten #83 up to P10 in GTE Am, fighting over P9.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 15, 2019

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zak Brown puffy waistcoat wearing garbageman

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Did ya'all notice ↑ being put out by kicking it? :v:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 15, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Blinded by the light:
https://i.imgur.com/grrWWRf.mp4

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I missed a couple hours at the gym. How metal has GTE Pro been, scale 1-666?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

D. Ebdrup posted:

GTE Pro is now a 6-way race!

Doug Feehan said, in what could be considered a very measured and diplomatic response, that he thought "there was a lack of talent involved", or something to that effect. Mind you, he's the Corvette boss, so it's probably not completely biased, but I'm just an amateur so what do I know.

The mechanics did a good days work, that's for sure.

EDIT: Apparently Christina Nielsen is busy in an American league this year, that's why she isn't driving with Michelle Gatting. Would be fantastic to have those two on a team together!

Christina and Katherine Legge were refused an entry to Le Mans because the French said “no we’ve got one car that’s already all women, don’t need another.” It’s hosed up IMO.

https://racer.com/2019/03/01/le-mans-rejection-stuns-msr-heinricher-team/

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

drgitlin posted:

Christina and Katherine Legge were refused an entry to Le Mans because the French said “no we’ve got one car that’s already all women, don’t need another.” It’s hosed up IMO.

https://racer.com/2019/03/01/le-mans-rejection-stuns-msr-heinricher-team/
I don't have any problem imagining ACO being lovely about this (it fact, it seems probable even without these allegations), but I don't see how Christina Nielsen could've been signed up for the current championship she's in and which she's been in since at least January if I recall what the Danish commentators said, and compete in Le Mans too.

EDIT: Also, Kessel Racing won 2018 Le Mans Cup, which gives them an automatic entry, regardless of who else qualifies for inclusion when the field gets expanded (like it did this year).

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 15, 2019

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

I don't have any problem imagining ACO being lovely about this (it fact, it seems probable even without these allegations), but I don't see how Christina Nielsen could've been signed up for the current championship she's in and which she's been in since at least January if I recall what the Danish commentators said, and compete in Le Mans too.

EDIT: Also, Kessel Racing won 2018 Le Mans Cup, which gives them an automatic entry, regardless of who else qualifies for inclusion when the field gets expanded (like it did this year).

What other series is she in? I know IMSA but I can't think of any other. She wanted to be at Le Mans, but when the car got denied I think she said gently caress it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I enjoy that when its late night there the commentators start saying whatever. Talking about pizza the race director ordering pizza? Check. Asking for another commentator booth for beer? Check.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

What other series is she in? I know IMSA but I can't think of any other. She wanted to be at Le Mans, but when the car got denied I think she said gently caress it.
I'm not an expert on American series, but IMSA sounded busy as gently caress when it was described, so I sort of figured that she was busy since she's won it two other years - then again, I just learned that she won the same years that she competed in Le Mans, so it shows how much I know.
Still, it's super lovely of ACO. Keep the old dudes out and add more professional drivers, especially women, in!

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 15, 2019

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I enjoy that when its late night there the commentators start saying whatever. Talking about pizza the race director ordering pizza? Check. Asking for another commentator booth for beer? Check.
Two years ago someone at RLM went on a three-minute soliloquy and there were a few seconds of silence before someone else went "... what on earth are you on about??"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iwentdoodie posted:

She’s currently also driving in Blancpain GT Asia.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm not an expert on American series, but IMSA sounded busy as gently caress when it was described, so I sort of figured that she was busy since she's won it two other years - then again, I just learned that she won the same years that she competed in Le Mans, so it shows how much I know.
Still, it's super lovely of ACO. Keep the old dudes out and add more professional drivers, especially women, in!

IMSA takes the week off just for this, and the race before le mans is a sprint just so they can make it to France for testing if they need to. The ACO is entirely to blame.

Also this announcing is hilarious.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, several IMSA full timers are in this race, not least the entire Corvette program.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

The ACO is entirely to blame.

Also this announcing is hilarious.
Water is also wet, and other equally surprising things.

I wish I could stay up for this as I love the whole-night of Le Mans the most, but I don't think I'll be able to; ever since chemo and radiation, my energy levels simply aren't big enough to last through the night (or most of the day, for that matter). :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D. Ebdrup posted:

I wish I could stay up for this as I love the whole-night of Le Mans the most, but I don't think I'll be able to; ever since chemo and radiation, my energy levels simply aren't big enough to last through the night (or most of the day, for that matter). :(

If it makes you feel any better, I dont even have that excuse and I wont make it. I mowed the lawn, went to a pride event, and now can barely stay awake for dinner much less the night. Hope you start feeling better soon, that shits rough to get past.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lmfao, it's not even raining.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Morning/whatever time of day it is where you are.

Been asleep for the past few hours, have I missed anything of note?

I've just turned it on to see the 95 Aston Martin spin and crash.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
He had to have lost a tire or something. I refuse to believe anyone who could make this would just gently caress up that bad on an entry.

Then again, the #88 driver quit cause hes a bitch

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

D. Ebdrup posted:

Buck up, friend. Good luck with your treatment.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hope it rains in the morning

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Hope it rains in the morning

golden hour showers

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

iwentdoodie posted:

He had to have lost a tire or something. I refuse to believe anyone who could make this would just gently caress up that bad on an entry.

Then again, the #88 driver quit cause hes a bitch
What’s the story for #88? I missed almost 3hrs.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shumagorath posted:

What’s the story for #88? I missed almost 3hrs.

Shunted the Corvette, depending on your point of view, and apparently the pay driver just gave the gently caress up and quit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Good to know that I can be gone for hours and still count on ByKolles playing pretend in the pits by dark.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Wake to find the safety car has hosed GTE again. So much for the fcy.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Did the Russians wipe out in the same spot as last year?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

Wake to find the safety car has hosed GTE again. So much for the fcy.
On the other hand, gently caress Porsche. No 919's just Mad Max poo poo this year.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

And there goes the number 17 from 3rd place.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Someone must have oiled down the track.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I wake up and see an Lmp1 car go into the wall lol.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shumagorath posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Porsche. No 919's just Mad Max poo poo this year.

Porsche drivers are all cunts

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I wake up and see an Lmp1 car go into the wall lol.
How did ByKolles fail this year?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm so upset about a Porsche shunting Corvette Racing that I will never buy a 911 and it's definitely NOT because I can't afford one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shumagorath posted:

How did ByKolles fail this year?

By being ByKolles