Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nevileen posted:

Yeah... :negative: At least it gives me an excuse to keep focusing on all these three stars? It's been kind of fun to go through the game without the 5* wreckers people have (barring having sanzang, Ozy, Iskandar, and Lancer Tama and nothing else due to taking a long break from the game).

I can at least use my friends' Support Moriarty's, but the wait for him will be long for NA with free quartz again. I'm hoping I can get Holmes though just because the Sherlock Holmes books were literally part of my childhood, so it's a sentimental kind of thing.

On lb4 news, I love Tell so much. Thank you for more badass old men, DW.

I got through all of Part 1 on JP without rolling a single 5 star. My first 5 Star, after almost six months of playing, was Merlin.

Edit: I rolled him during a Christmas party at Grandmother's place. Her birthday was on the 24, so we always went there for Christmas. I played on my phone during but spent most of the evening talking with the family and eating ungodly amounts of food.

My grandmother died the next year on the 30th of December. I miss her terribly. Now, when I play with Merlin, sometimes I remember that Christmas evening at my grandmother's house and smile a bit.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Crasical posted:

I mean there are some very reasonable reasons to dislike Jinako: She's a useless NEET, kind of a coward, ect.
She's simultaneously best and worst girl. If you don't find her flaws endearing like I do I can definitely see disliking her.

EDIT: "an internet addict and slobbish Otaku [...] a dirty coward [...] incredibly selfish and rather unpleasant, including treating her Servant Karna like crap without having the faintest idea of how stupidly powerful he is.[...] A loner who deludes herself by believing she has friends and an important status as a champion gamer, and thinks her life is full of freedom because her parents are dead and her finances are supported without work because of her parents' insurance."

My boy Karna likes her, so that's good enough for me. :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Love me some Elephant Crocs

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Wait what, why?

I'm gonna grab some choice clips, but spoiler them because A. content warning and B. that makes the impotent rage easier to pass over.

"Jinako is easily the most disgusting servant released yet."
" JINAKO IS A loving WASTE OF A 5* AAAAAAAAAAAAH gently caress YOU FATTY"
"Wow, not spending a single loving quartz on this giant pile of steaming poo poo. Where are the actual servants at?"
"fat human being btfo, whats next, nb and genderqueer fags"
"fat fucks kill yourselves, this game is dead"
" kek rip dw, poo poo banner, zero revenue"
"deleting my account, can't play without throwing up at this poo poo"
etc etc

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm gonna grab some choice clips, but spoiler them because A. content warning and B. that makes the impotent rage easier to pass over.

"fat human being btfo, whats next, nb and genderqueer fags"

This, this si the one that gets me. It's just... THEY WERE THERE FROM THE START!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How can people hate on Jinako? Cause she's overweight?

Man, I must have found the good threads, because I saw people loving Jinako because she's chubby.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

This, this si the one that gets me. It's just... THEY WERE THERE FROM THE START!

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think Lakshmi's sprite art and animation is fine, her actual design is...

...I mean, Takeuchi is the CEO or something of notes right? He doesn't HAVE to do art like this anymore, does he? Maybe... get someone who can draw... more, different, faces...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Dont hang out with losers

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Giant scimitar sword thing and rifle dual wield is pretty cool, but yeah. I sleep.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i sleep on these hot takes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

/fgog/ is forced shitposting

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

90 Quartz got me 2 garbage 5 star CEs, a single Tell and my like 4th Chiyome. Meh!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
All servants I roll are the best goddamn buttercakes and all servants that refuse to let me roll them are the worst pieces of garbage created by fart-huffing chuds.

this has been your daily gacha mental survival tip

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
oh boy, another round of someone bringing up 1 random section that probably makes up less than a centimeter of the entire fanbase as a huge mountain to tackle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now I wait for week 2 banner

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

/fgog/ and /alter/ are very noisy and very ignorable. And really, really bad at the game too.

At any rate, Jinako is alright, but drat that William Tell is good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I mean, to be fair Jinako is pretty lame and it would be very strange for someone to like her in a "waifu" sort of way (I played CCC and kept waiting for the story to make me care about Jinako, but that time never came), but I also don't get anyone being super enraged/upset about her.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jinako is cool

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ytlaya posted:

it would be very strange for someone to like her in a "waifu" sort of way

Yo.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36z8vhb0yw8

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

this mix is extremely illegal

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im going to try really hard to not spend the 30 quartz I saved up. Tell me something cool comes up in the next event to help convince me.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Furnaceface posted:

Im going to try really hard to not spend the 30 quartz I saved up. Tell me something cool comes up in the next event to help convince me.

Next event is likely to be Summer 3 rerun.

After that we have Anniversary which will probably introduce someone cool.

And then it's Summer 4, which will have, well, who knows? (Summer Okita pls)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Next event is likely to be Summer 1 rerun, but we'll get Agartha first.

After that we have Anniversary which will probably introduce someone cool named Holmes.

And then it's Summer 2, which will have, well, caster nero, berserker nobu, assassin nito...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Furnaceface posted:

There's the Summer 1 rerun, the Anniversary with Sherlock Holmes, and then Summer 2 coming up after the release of the next Epic of Remnant Singularity.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
September is literally the last rate up for Merlin.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

who needs merlin when you can have skadi

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

RanKizama posted:

Her final ascension is an absolute mess. I actually kind of hate it with how goofy it is. Fate can stand to have a chubby girl in it, but this feels like a botched opportunity to me.

I agree that Jinako's design is a mess. It's kind of funny seeing how outraged some people are as a result of it, but it does look pretty bad.

Gologle posted:

I can understand people not liking Jinako because she hits too close to home for their tastes but those are also the same people who play these games for The Wrong Reasons so gently caress them.

I've gone through CCC and Jinako is a pretty terrible person. I don't hate her, since she is just a video game character, but she isn't likeable. What's the right reason to play this game by the way? Gambling addiction?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Factor_VIII posted:

I've gone through CCC and Jinako is a pretty terrible person. I don't hate her, since she is just a video game character, but she isn't likeable. What's the right reason to play this game by the way? Gambling addiction?

Waifu hunting.

And for me, Jinako is the newest big game.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Waifu hunting.

And for me, Jinako is the newest big game.

I hope you have an elephant gun.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think Lakshmi's sprite art and animation is fine, her actual design is...

...I mean, Takeuchi is the CEO or something of notes right? He doesn't HAVE to do art like this anymore, does he? Maybe... get someone who can draw... more, different, faces...

Once again, and I quote:

Fate wiki posted:

Takeuchi's Noble Phantasm is Unlimited King of Knights (無限の騎士王, Mugen no Kishi Ō) - "The mind of a human who pursues the blonde-haired female knight he adores until the utmost limit. Employing all his skills, an infinite number of characters similar to Saber will be given life. A great delusion that erodes the stance of the company.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm like an ape trying to put shaped blocks into the correct holes wondering why anyone would like a chubby neet girl voiced by y.aoi

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if you're chubby you're obviously not waifu material

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

if you're chub you get no hug

if you're tub you get no love

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just noticed I could buy ascension mats with the event currency!

Now is there a fast way to level them up after doing this?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kild posted:

if you're chub you get no hug

if you're tub you get no love

just means more to hug obvs

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Furnaceface posted:

There is no fast way to level up a servant. You could wait for the anniversary, where we will have an increased chance of getting a super or great success, but you still have to grind out gold exp cards from the daily quests.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Furnaceface posted:

You can buy gold XP with event currency as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm like an ape trying to put shaped blocks into the correct holes wondering why anyone would like a chubby neet girl voiced by y.aoi

The artist didn't get told that no one finds half-naked chubby girls lounging around attractive to stop them from drawing her FA, and I'm glad.