Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The Demon Rush's classic EULA that forbids you from doing anything illegal for your entire lifetime has gotten Sony by the balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why the gently caress does he get PS4 releases. I'm still bewildered to this day. Is he just insanely lucky? Does his uncle work for Sony? Is he blackmailing them?

It's not just him; the PS4 store's apparently being overrun by trashware just like Steam is.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

It's not just him; the PS4 store's apparently being overrun by trashware just like Steam is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Cherry Venus

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Brooks Cracktackle

(how do I still remember that, it was years ago).

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Brooks Cracktackle and Cherry Venus are eternal

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

does anybody have the actual screenshot of "MMMMMMMMMM"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no but it was also only MMMMMMMM because it was a test placeholder for checking the maximum possible character width, for the purpose of measuring where to divide the hud

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The White Dragon posted:

no but it was also only MMMMMMMM because it was a test placeholder for checking the maximum possible character width, for the purpose of measuring where to divide the hud
I thought most designers tended to use "WWWWWWWWWW" because in most fonts the captial W is wider.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CommissarMega posted:

The Switch store is the same too. I think the Bone store might be the only mostly clean store and that's uh, well due to unpopularity more than anything I guess.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zereth posted:

does anybody have the actual screenshot of "MMMMMMMMMM"

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

aha, I'd forgotten about the shade man with the baseball cap and the blade-mitten

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

thanks, I'll save it this time! :toot:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

resistentialism posted:

aha, I'd forgotten about the shade man with the baseball cap and the blade-mitten

i think you mean johnny

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Tombot posted:

Brooks Cracktackle

(how do I still remember that, it was years ago).

I only read part of the thread, but somehow Brooks Cracktackle and Cherry Venus have stuck with me too. Every once in a while I think to myself "let's get cracktackling" and I genuinely can't remember if that was actually in the game or part of the LP.

Honestly? I'm kinda glad he's apparently making this work. Good for him.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm honestly curious how many fans he has if any at all. A 3D remake of The Demon Rush and an action game with characters from all your past games are the kind of things you make if you have fans... or if you are deluded enough to put that kind of effort into what are really just vanity projects.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ahhh gently caress now I have the Powerman 5000 song stuck in my head.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Gynovore posted:

Ahhh gently caress now I have the Powerman 5000 song stuck in my head.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/971030/SkateBIRD/
Terribly Awesome games

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

alberto mundosold

poo poo, I remember that thread. It was my first idiotic effort-post trying to explain to him what the gently caress he was doing wrong, and looking back now, it's about as shameful as people trying to help Zaurg. Never again. :suicide:

CHERRY VENUS.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i can admire the effort. but even i have somehow managed to avoid including hebrew language support and mysterious printer driver installers in my games, so i can't exactly respect it

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Tony the Hawk's Pro Skater

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

"Above all else, skate birds just try really hard."

They sure do :kimchi:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Popular tags:
- skateboarding
- cute

under-served genre imo

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pretty sure this isn't the "utterly charming" games thread

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

This is the right thread for this, from the forced positivity to the co-opted internet babytalk like "birb" this is just as shallow and cynical as any hentai puzzle game or furry dating sim only with tweeness instead of horniness.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Tiny hawk game SkateBIRD has currently got a Kickstarter going. I've been following cute birb pictures on Twitter for months now, so that was an easy back.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Sleeveless posted:

This is the right thread for this, from the forced positivity to the co-opted internet babytalk like "birb" this is just as shallow and cynical as any hentai puzzle game or furry dating sim only with tweeness instead of horniness.

Who hurt you?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
"actually consumption is ethical under capitalism if you tape the word 'doggo' on top of the thing you're consuming" -Karl Marx

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

suck my tweeness

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Or maybe they just genuinely like birds and want to make a cute game.

No, no, it's the cynical one. I am very smart.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

"I'm going to make a Tony hawk game based around a pair of bad puns" is the sort of thought that is either beyond stupid or actually pretty clever and you will never know which of the two it is.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Game looks good and fun, digging deeper than that is for high school AP English.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

FoolyCharged posted:

"I'm going to make a Tony hawk game based around a pair of bad puns" is the sort of thought that is either beyond stupid or actually pretty clever and you will never know which of the two it is.
What if they called it Pony Cock Pro Skater?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

What if they called it Pony Cock Pro Skater Skeeter?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Sleeveless posted:

do you think folks would not heap scorn on complex and earnestly artistic hentai puzzle games?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how good are the puzzles?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Doc Hawkins posted:

do you think folks would not heap scorn on complex and earnestly artistic hentai puzzle games?

"You see, by solving the intricate tile puzzles, we nullify the darkness sealing away the goddess of life's powers. The fact that the goddess of life looks 15 and the tile puzzles when finished show her in advancing states of undress simply indicate the purity of virginity and the holiness of :jail:"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sleeveless posted:

Guy Mann rereg spotted.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Y’all are forgetting the sheer majesty of Alberto Mundosold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

"actually consumption is ethical under capitalism if you tape the word 'doggo' on top of the thing you're consuming" -Karl Marx

Real world: Only in sex work does the unethical nature of capitalism become too obvious for the average man to miss
Steam: In the sea of Hentai puzzle games only cute animals baby talk is sacred enough to show the exploitation inherent in the system.