Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

LOL

https://twitter.com/ZachViana/status/1139803952424411136

Anime Matsuri sounds like the biggest cluster of a con since that Homestuck ball pit thing.

That wasn't Homestuck, that was Tumblrcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1140031253661532160

I guess it must have been around that time for her to get suspended again.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

What the gently caress is with Vic's pants

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Misguided attempt by anime matsuri to put a bell around the cat’s neck?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Monaghan posted:

What the gently caress is with Vic's pants

Dude apparently didn't get the message that the 2000s were almost 20 years ago. Jeez.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1140031253661532160

I guess it must have been around that time for her to get suspended again.

She's back already.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Wherein Vic defenders accidentally show evidence that show his lawsuit will fail.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1140087190602571776?s=20

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So is Anime Matsuri a big thing, a small thing, or idiot scale operation?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

So is Anime Matsuri a big thing, a small thing, or idiot scale operation?

Largish for an anime con: they apparently had about 40K guests last year.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

Largish for an anime con: they apparently had about 40K guests last year.

They STATED they had 40k guests. With no actual evidence. Video and pictorial evidence shows much lower estimated numbers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Has anyone pointed out to him that in all the films, Jason gets beaten by a girl?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I eagerly await Capcom suing the poo poo out of him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matsuri had a panel with TUG, Nick and Vic('s lawyer Ty Beard). Also some skinny dude I don't know, but in that company I'm going to decide he's wasted his first impression. It was apparently very sad. They wouldn't even come out and say anything directly about The Darned SJWs because none of these people have any nerve when not behind a webcam (and nobody could probably understand TUG behind his Mask of Copyright Infringement).

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I really hope what sinks this guy is his very first public appearance being thoroughly embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1140272650817888256?s=21

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Ty Beard decides to double down on asking Kiwifarms to dox people and "make them miserable".
https://twitter.com/LawoftheGame/status/1140269817087365120

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Piell posted:

Ty Beard decides to double down on asking Kiwifarms to dox people and "make them miserable".
https://twitter.com/LawoftheGame/status/1140269817087365120

Uhh is this not extremely legally actionable

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So does even Rekieta seem to find that one kind of awkward or am I imagining it?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dawgstar posted:

So does even Rekieta seem to find that one kind of awkward or am I imagining it?

Rekieta was clearly trying to tee up Beard to say "it was just a joke and not really a sincere ask" and then Beard fucks it up by doubling down.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dawgstar posted:

yeah even at the end of that he’s like, “uh well that is not something I would do, personally”

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
You've gotta be heading down the wrong path when the Blackface Guy goes "Hey, maybe take a step back..."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He's probably in the clear in terms of criminal punishment in that police tend to not take doxxing seriously and the laws around cyber harassment are seriously lacking, but I would hope it's something that a professional organization like the Texas State Bar would pay attention to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

News that might cheer you up, apparently EVS' YouTube's metrics are going south since nobody cares about dumping on Brie Larson at the moment. Tessa Thompson is his new object d'outrage.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 16, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

News that ight cheer you up, apparently EVS' YouTube's metrics are going south since nobody cares about dumping on Brie Larson at the moment. Tessa Thompson is his new object d'outrage.

How dare she be a woman near his comic book fiction?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

News that ight cheer you up, apparently EVS' YouTube's metrics are going south since nobody cares about dumping on Brie Larson at the moment. Tessa Thompson is his new object d'outrage.

He's pretty hosed as there's no Captain Marvel equivalent coming up for incels any time soon. The only one I can think of is Black Widow but they're pretty ok with her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

He's pretty hosed as there's no Captain Marvel equivalent coming up for incels any time soon. The only one I can think of is Black Widow but they're pretty ok with her.

Rise of Skywalker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Believe me, they don't need a boogeyman to exist, they're perfectly happy inventing one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

:thinking_face:

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Am I reading that right? TKO follows the jackass?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yes. Also what the hell is TKO Comics

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

They've got that Ennis/Epting book about the female sniper in WW2 and their big thing is 'binge-releasing' series so everything comes out in collected formats. They also print stuff in oversized format, I believe.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

The Western branch of TLO Comics.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Really hoping TKO isn't secretly pro-chud, as I own their first four books digitally. Their versatile formatting (Whole arc in issues? A nice trade? Digital file/Comixology? All three!) and strong creative teams pulled me in from the get-go.

They've been running more sales lately, including coupons and B1G1. Ideally, that's to get some more scratch for contract payments and they don't already faceplant.

If they're in league with TUG though, gently caress that company.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Binge-releasing" comics is the stupidest goddamned thing I have read in ages.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's a dumb term for a great idea imo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, i really liked the ennis book Sara, and im totally in favor of releasing a whole arc or story at once, but uh maybe not from tko anymore

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

It's a dumb term for a great idea imo

You mean a graphic novel?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Space Fish posted:

Really hoping TKO isn't secretly pro-chud, as I own their first four books digitally. Their versatile formatting (Whole arc in issues? A nice trade? Digital file/Comixology? All three!) and strong creative teams pulled me in from the get-go.

They've been running more sales lately, including coupons and B1G1. Ideally, that's to get some more scratch for contract payments and they don't already faceplant.

It's probably a situation like Sean G Murphy who thinks he's doing the right thing by "listening to both sides with an open mind."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Space Fish posted:

Corporate conscience is impossible, the only concern a company has about chuds is if they'll help or hurt their bottom line. Instead of hoping a company is a good or bad one, the only recourse we have as consumers is pressuring them into behaving somewhere close to a semblance of morality.

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!

Space Fish posted:

Going by the accounts they follow, I'm guessing the TKO Twitter account is operated by an outside marketer who's driven more by general networking and less by politics. The list is mostly creatives, publishers, retailers, and comics-adjacent actors. They probably have no idea who TUG is and followed him back after he followed them.

Plus, TKO's editor-in-chief is avowed Nazi-hater Sebastian Girner. There's no way he'd be in league with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

You mean a graphic novel?

Are you denying that graphic novels are a great idea?