Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still trying to figure out what the Protestant countries in Europe are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Martin BadClixx posted:

What the gently caress??

Check that again! I am sending my best researchers to verify

hrm, according to these Dead Sea Scrolls, it appears that the ancient Aramaic does proclaim that yes, Brexit does mean Brexit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Heavy_D posted:

It's like a lost excerpt of TVGoHome, except it's in the Guardian instead

I wish Brooker could bring himself to confront the current state of the country but I'd hate for it to depress him until he kills himself. Stick with the cheery and upbeat Black Mirror, Charlie.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Can I get an update on what brexit means? I keep forgetting.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Tom Guycot posted:

Can I get an update on what brexit means? I keep forgetting.

Brexit means brexout or something

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

oliwan posted:

lolllll if you think Northwestern Europeans on this site don't talk as if the east and south don't exist when "Europe" is the subject. :allears:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Phigs posted:

I hate this so much. Something about people adopting aspects of American culture makes me very nervous...

hating other people having fun is incredibly British, well done

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Grape posted:

lolllll if you think Northwestern Europeans on this site don't talk as if the east and south don't exist when "Europe" is the subject. :allears:

What's your point even?

As far as I can understand you seem frustrated that people don't put the US on a pedestal and consider it cool and good?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Victory Position posted:

in every language, Brexit means BREXIT

Some tribes in remote regions of England have over 500 words for Brexit, you know.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

oliwan posted:

Use the 'immediately Protestant adjacent Catholic areas' high in candy dispensation and work backwards?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Martin BadClixx posted:

What's your point even?

As far as I can understand you seem frustrated that people don't put the US on a pedestal and consider it cool and good?

grape is a loving moron but unfortunately they Just Can't Stop Posting due to a disease. don't assume the quantity of posts actually means something

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:justpost:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

Can't say I'm too optimistic on Canada when Ontario elected their local Trump as governor or premier or whatever.

New Zealand thy burden is heavy.

Sorry mate NZ is already run by a coalition between the neolibs and a fascist party

Ardern managed to do some incredible politicking after the Christchurch massacre, she put on a hijab and looked sad and everyone was so shook we all forgot she ran on an explicitly anti-immigrant platform and is in coalition with a mob of howling xenophobes who would happily have deported every single person who got killed

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Crane Fist posted:

Sorry mate NZ is already run by a coalition between the neolibs and a fascist party

Ardern managed to do some incredible politicking after the Christchurch massacre, she put on a hijab and looked sad and everyone was so shook we all forgot she ran on an explicitly anti-immigrant platform and is in coalition with a mob of howling xenophobes who would happily have deported every single person who got killed

goddamn it. you're absolutely right

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

redleader posted:

goddamn it. you're absolutely right

It sucks and I would be much happier if I was wrong

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao the entire anglosphere sucks

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

Yeah that poo poo blew my mind. There are literally journos who wrote stuff like "the german SPD politicians should take some inspirations from Ardern" and i was :psypop:.
But she looks progressive, sure.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Jun 16, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HIRE ELECT 👏 MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 GUARDS 👏.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ForChange_Now/status/1139934068659937281

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

God speed in getting pulled in to follow America in your next forever war guys.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Just paint "Iran did it" on the side of a bus and Labour will fall in line with this war just as easy as they did with Iraq. :shrug:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

I detect the milky hand of mike gapes

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

https://twitter.com/vincecable/status/1139888773184086017?s=19

Liberals being unable to decide whether Corbyn is bad because he's wrong or bad because he's right shows why they need two parties I guess

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grape posted:

It is always good and fun to make fun at Italy's expense.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
to an American, Australia just looks like a hyper exaggerated version of our culture but without guns. Australians are viewed as loud drunks who come in Blonde City Dwelling folk with lots of make up and sports clothing, and brown haired country bumpkins who are probably racist to your native brown peoples and might gently caress the kangaroos before or after the BBQ.

in earnest when you look at pictures of people partying in Melbourne or Sydney it looks like a bunch of people at an America themed costume party, so it’s not at all surprising Halloween is catching on.

PS the only Australian anyone under 30 can name is Jim Jeffries. I’m 32 and I can also name Mel Gibson, Wolverine, and Crocodile Dundee. Australia doesn’t have great cultural representation here, although that probably has
more to do with that episode of the Simpsons than anything else.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mostly down under Halloween is seen as something perfectly fun to steal from the Americans to actually get people out, an excuse to throw parties and get drunk which is always welcome, and increasingly a chance to laugh at the old fucks who grump at the kids about it being American.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Up here we do Halloween properly, with terrifying turnips and guisin, the way it was meant to be

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Coohoolin posted:

Up here we do Halloween properly, with terrifying turnips and guisin, the way it was meant to be

...I should go see how Halloween in Scotland is done sometime.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Just paint "Iran did it" on the side of a bus and Labour will fall in line with this war just as easy as they did with Iraq. :shrug:

What?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

mycomancy posted:

...I should go see how Halloween in Scotland is done sometime.

Its pretty much the same as everywhere else. Most people use pumpkins these days and say trick or treating rather than guising thanks to American cultural imperialism.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I don't know what's happening

Halloween owns

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

to an American, Australia just looks like a hyper exaggerated version of our culture but without guns. Australians are viewed as loud drunks who come in Blonde City Dwelling folk with lots of make up and sports clothing, and brown haired country bumpkins who are probably racist to your native brown peoples and might gently caress the kangaroos before or after the BBQ.

in earnest when you look at pictures of people partying in Melbourne or Sydney it looks like a bunch of people at an America themed costume party, so it’s not at all surprising Halloween is catching on.

PS the only Australian anyone under 30 can name is Jim Jeffries. I’m 32 and I can also name Mel Gibson, Wolverine, and Crocodile Dundee. Australia doesn’t have great cultural representation here, although that probably has
more to do with that episode of the Simpsons than anything else.

nice meltdown

nobody in australia actually does halloween

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

who is jim jeffries

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

When I were a lad we had to sing a song or something to earn our 1p chews and we made lanterns from good honest turnips. :corsair:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
https://images.app.goo.gl/2LYYFPfpKmBfkrBJ7

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

who is jim jeffries

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bryter posted:

https://twitter.com/vincecable/status/1139888773184086017?s=19

Liberals being unable to decide whether Corbyn is bad because he's wrong or bad because he's right shows why they need two parties I guess

The wrong person can't say the correct thing because my assumptions

liberalism is a cult

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ohhh, I get it, Corbyn's the wrong person to say we shouldn't invade Iran because Iran is an enemy of Israel.

I'm disgusted that I figured it out.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

GSD posted:

lmao the entire anglosphere sucks

Always has always will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hi what's this "Hallow ween" I've been hearing so much about? is it a harry potter thing?