Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I love that little impromptu river at the side of the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

quintana attacks

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol Vasseur told Bouhanni that he gets to ride the Tour, IF he wins the French national championship. Pro-tier trolling

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
my stream died but congrats to the bad wout

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm both disappointed and impressed that they managed to drain the lake.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome has also fractured his sternum and his neck.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

👍

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

He looks shockingly intact there. Must have slid in legs first, then slammed his back into the wall.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
There's a world of pain underneath that blanket

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
TWSS

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I think some big Froome news is coming

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He looks weirdly undamaged. Maybe he hosed up a blood transfusion like Ricco and they're covering it up. :thunk:

off topic but I like that the physiques of cyclists mean that like all their hospital shots make them look like they're dying of some wasting disease

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He looks weirdly undamaged. Maybe he hosed up a blood transfusion like Ricco and they're covering it up. :thunk:

off topic but I like that the physiques of cyclists mean that like all their hospital shots make them look like they're dying of some wasting disease

I feel attacked

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I looked at him and thought to myself, "did he gain weight?"

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
adam yates poo poo his pants and abandoned so it’s tejay’s time to shine.

and by shine I mean attack on the last climb, blow up, and finish in last place

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
So Froome crashed because he took his hands off the handlebars? I didn't realize that was dangerous.

I mean, I sure as gently caress can't do it, but don't these professional guys casually pass champagne to each other in the middle of a peloton going 50km/hr down Parisian streets?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

runoverbobby posted:

So Froome crashed because he took his hands off the handlebars? I didn't realize that was dangerous.

I mean, I sure as gently caress can't do it, but don't these professional guys casually pass champagne to each other in the middle of a peloton going 50km/hr down Parisian streets?

Well yeah but he was going 37mph and a huge wind gust hit him at the same time.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

What a shite stage to finish the Dauphine.

runoverbobby posted:

The bubbly is handed out earlier when the stage is effectively neutralised. They ain't going that fast.

Bit different to going downhill at closer to 60 kph in strong gusts of wind.

E - lol just remembered that time Richie Porte almost took out the entire sky team when they were posing on the last day of the tour. Think it was 2013?

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 16, 2019

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Asgreen might be pretty good

also what the hell Bora. They reacted so little to Sanchez's attack that the commentators assumed that Sagan wasn't feeling in form for a sprint, then Sagan wins the sprint to second place

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 16, 2019

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

African AIDS cum posted:

I think some big Froome news is coming

SAME

https://twitter.com/mcaseum/status/1138931304219779073?s=21

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Holy poo poo what is this guy on bc I want some

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Disgusting. Brailsford must go

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/geraint-thomas-abandons-tour-de-suisse-crash-427614

Thomas out of the tour as well? :rms:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Thomas crashed at the tour of Switzerland.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
so that is Froome out, Thomas maybe, Dumoulin still not at 100% after recovering from his knee injury. Adam Yates abandoned sick on the last stage of the Dauphine. Gonna be a crazy tour if those miss out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
commentators seemed to think they were mainly being cautious with Thomas but we'll find out soon :pray:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Has bernal been messing with everyone's brakes or something?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

:piss:

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Has bernal been messing with everyone's brakes or something?

If we're doing weird theories: ineos caught wind of some new doping detection method that would catch whatever they're stuffing froome and co to the brim with. now they're all crashing themselves to near death because they would get caught at the tour and an entire team dropping out at once would be too suspicious

looking forward to kwiatkowski suddenly and dramatically dropping down a ravine during practice next week

cgfreak fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 18, 2019

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

cgfreak posted:

If we're doing weird theories: ineos caught wind of some new doping detection method that would catch whatever they're stuffing froome and co to the brim with. now they're all crashing themselves to near death because they would get caught at the tour and an entire team dropping out at once would be too suspicious

looking forward to kwiatkowski suddenly and dramatically dropping down a ravine during practice next week

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/anti-doping-laboratory-refining-test-microdoses-epo-427145

quote:

French laboratory believes it has discovered a new way to detect ‘microdoses’ of erythropoietin (EPO).

The Châtenay-Malabry laboratory, which developed the first test for the detection of EPO 20 years ago, said the new test could show traces of the drug 48-hours after it’s been administered, as opposed to the current 24-hour window.

:tinfoil:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So that's why he needed a full blood replacement scale surgery.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The G man is fine apparently, few cuts and bruises

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Big Tom D is officially out of the Tour

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Everyone's dope program just doubled the dosage.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

it's pinot's year.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Contador coming back out of retirement.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Bernal is only 22 we've got like 12 years of this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Our best hope is that they discover the big institutionalized Colombian doping ring like they did for Russian track and field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao Bernal is only 22 we've got like 12 years of this.

I hope he keeps up with the DRIFTUUU