Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Would someone please be willing to help me with my build? I'm stuck at ~225K DPS and don't really know what I need to do to push this up. I've tried screwing around with gear in PoB, but I'm not getting anywhere.

If I have to cut out large swaths of the tree, I'm fine with that. I have a hojillion regret orbs

https://pastebin.com/zjEHnae8

The biggest dps boost you could get right now is a Starforge, but those are really expensive. Also, keep in mind PoB doesn't display the boost from Impale so your dps is a bit better than that. Also it doesn't realize you're getting Close Combat from leap slam. You're doing more like 320k dps.
Resolute Technique isn't doing much for you, you could drop it and spend those two points elsewhere. Maybe even try for a crit weapon and some crit nodes?
I don't think the Bladedancer notable is worth the points spent to get to it. Do you really need that +5% aoe and +1 range? You can make up for the lost dex by spending two points to get Versatility. Pick up the Kinetic Impacts cluster and path up to Butchery, and you've got another 10% dps. Drop Path of the Warrior too.

There are several unique items you could be wearing that would give you significant amounts of dps. Bronn's Lithe is a big one, but it's pure dex so it'd be expensive to move your cyclone there for the extra gem levels. You could put something else in there instead and keep cyclone in your weapon. Leap Slam has two green gems and gains benefit from the gem levels, so that would work well in there. Four off colors isn't terrible; you could probably put whatever you want in the remaining two slots... molten shell perhaps. However you'd lose like 300 life.
Iron Fortress would slow you down but gives a good amount of dps and defense, Loreweave seems like an ok choice, Daresso's Defiance would work too. DD has life leech on it, so you could wear that and drop your leech nodes from the tree. Do you need the extra layer of defense from increased leech rate?
Deidbell would help.

Get more life on your gear! You have way more resistance than you need, by the way. You need at most 34% past the cap, unless you're fighting Phoenix then you might want like 50% overcapped fire res.
GET QUALITY ON YOUR GEMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Oh thanks for the syndicate thing. I've been doing it randomly the whole time. I guess I know who I should be kicking out now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That feeling you get when you go to find a weapon better than what you got when you see the only 0-1% upgrades at 1ex or 6ex. It's bad and good but upgrading is hard.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also keep in mind syndicate members have crafts specific to their unveils, like elreon has -total mana cost jewelry, vagan has a rare and expense hits can't be evaded mod for weapons, you can sell these specific drops people will buy for the unveils too.

puravida
Jan 4, 2019

Dahbadu posted:

Trip report on my Voidforge Slayer Cyclone build:

I'm soo happy I went elemental instead of physical, given that a) it's way cheaper because everyone is going phys, b) so many things have added flat phys now which just puts Voidforge on steroids, c) I love having a 40+ radius spinning around super fast (about +100% move speed with flasks) shattering/shocking/igniting the entire screen.

The only time I've died so far is fighting Atziri in the Temple, mainly because I never did the fight before and the temple was giving -10% max resistance so her Flameblast hosed me up.

Here's an export of my current level 87 character and gear: https://pastebin.com/CX4S1dd2

I have like 1.3+ mil shaper DPS with buffs, and 2+ mil normal DPS. Most of my gear is kinda crappy so I still have room to grow, and by the time I'm level 94 I'll be able to squeeze in 2 more jewel slots on the passive tree. In other words, I definitely see getting up to near 2 mil.

Thanks for this PoB, I started as phys Gladiator but a decent Voidforge was so cheap I switched to elemental! Rage, Cyclone and Blood/Sand add a ton of damage, wondering if there a real downside to Vaal Pact? It's right on the way and seems to make the Slayer leech twice as effective for basically no cost.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

That feeling you get when you go to find a weapon better than what you got when you see the only 0-1% upgrades at 1ex or 6ex. It's bad and good but upgrading is hard.

both my characters in maps are kind of plateaud waiting on gear it sucks. guess if i played one of them for 8 hours instead of leveling someone else it wouldnt be as bad

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

What the gently caress

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let’s say I really want Atziri’s Disfavour. Would it be smarter to just keep playing normally and slowly build up the currency to eventually buy one, or actually farm Atziri to get the fragments to fight Uber Atziri and hope for one to drop?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s say I really want Atziri’s Disfavour. Would it be smarter to just keep playing normally and slowly build up the currency to eventually buy one, or actually farm Atziri to get the fragments to fight Uber Atziri and hope for one to drop?

The farm and chaos recipe spam method doesn't involve RNG or a ultra-geared character, just sayin'.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Farm currency for sure

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

As soon as you start to add up all the time you'll be standing there waiting for the two robots to let you kill them, or waiting for Atziri to drop her shield, you'll never want to set foot in there again.

Let someone else do the suffering.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jay Rust posted:

Get as much map completion as you can afford, then chain the highest tier of maps you can play comfortably

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What's the best skill to go hard into impale? I know that the faster you hit the better. I've heard people talk about Cyclone, Bladestorm, and Tornado Shot. Maybe Perforate? Or what about Shattering Steel since it can shotgun?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

What's the best skill to go hard into impale? I know that the faster you hit the better. I've heard people talk about Cyclone, Bladestorm, and Tornado Shot. Maybe Perforate? Or what about Shattering Steel since it can shotgun?

Probably Blade Flurry for max dps

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

please knock Mom! posted:

Get as much map completion as you can afford, then chain the highest tier of maps you can play comfortably

Another one of the best money making strategies right now is to do small, open maps to optimize your legions/hour.

I'm running default t4 strand with no t5s and t4s complete, and peninsula shaped up to t10. It sustains itself, is a straight line through, and the number of legion mobs is completely unaffected by map mods.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

and the number of legion mobs is completely unaffected by map mods.

Didn't Bex specifically confirm that legion scaled with packsize?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
If you're leveling, or have little-to-no currency to buy a gear, a great strategy is to farm The Descent's Legion Monoliths. It can net you up to 120c equivalent per hour w/o quant and level you to 74 within a (couple) of hour(s) after hitting Act 9.

Ideally you'd buy the gems for an Essence Drain build, as that can easily clear the Legion Monoliths with only 1-2 casts. A Tabula is a decent first item if you can afford it, but if not anything will do.

Try and follow the path above, if you don't find the Monolith within 10 seconds of running around, just head back to the entrance and start a new instance. One in every like 30 or so spawn one in some far away place, but almost all of them spawn within 5-10 seconds of travel from the entrance of the map. You can get an insane amount of splinters and mid tier currency, such as Regrets, Fusings, Alchs, and Chaos.

Fully quanted up and having a bitch for the +50% and to loot all the drops (and to kill stragglers on the ends, as if you kill all the monolith mobs before the timer runs out it immediately ends) we were able to get roughly 175-200c equivalent per hour.

(My 30 minute relaxed test run)

P.S.: use the lovely incubators, sell the expensive ones. sell the fossils too, only loot legendaries(the good ones) and currency+fossils+splinters+incubators+divinevessel+goodcards etc

J
Jun 10, 2001

ZiegeDame posted:

Is there a good guide out there for how I want to arrange my immortal syndicate? Like who gives the best bonuses where?

There's a lot of betrayal cheat sheet images floating around, some have indicators of the good rewards like the one posted. But I don't entirely agree with the "tier listing" of some of the rewards. Also legion encounters drop certain things that used to be betrayal-only, so that undermines the usefulness of some of the betrayal character rewards. Here's some quick things to consider:

1) Certain veiled crafting mods can only be unveiled on items dropped by a specific character. -Mana jewelry is Elreon, hits can't be evaded is Vagan, quality to socketed gems is Haku for example. If you care about unlocking those crafts you need to have that character somewhere.
2) The most valuable scarabs are divination, sulphite, and cartographer's. So have Gravicius, Cameria, and Rin in intervention.
3) These cheat sheets poo-poo Hillock's rewards, but level3 Hillock can get you 28% quality weapons and armor, and 26% flasks, which is nice for things you may not want to corrupt with the 30% bestiary recipe. I usually keep him in research till I get my flasks qualitied up at least.
4) Upgraded breachstones have been nerfed significantly since betrayal league, and they also drop from legion, so it that fled isn't as important as previously.
5) Level 3 leo in research lets you add a mod to an item, like an exalt orb would. Great for good 3 mod jewels or getting your kicks slamming something that would never be worth using an actual exalt orb on.
6) Vorici in research gives you a bench that makes 1-3 of the sockets on an item white.
7) Tora in research can give a shitload of gem experience.
8) For long term minmaxing of the board, you want as many rivalries as possible. Trusted links are good too but ideally in the long run you want everyone to be rivals with each other. Rivals present more opportunities to execute, which makes it easier to rank up everybody on the board.
9) If you kill the mastermind it scrambles the entire syndicate which is real bad if you've spent a lot of time minmaxing the board.

edit: Good call on the weapon/armor % on Hillock, fixed

J fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 16, 2019

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
What J said is pretty good. Minor bit:

J posted:

3) These cheat sheets poo-poo Hillock's rewards, but level3 Hillock can get you 26% quality weapons, armor, and flasks, which is nice for things you may not want to corrupt with the 30% bestiary recipe. I usually keep him in research till I get my flasks qualitied up at least.

Transport/fortification is 28% weapon and armor respectively. Only flasks are 26%, from research. In intevention it's maps, and goes all the way to 35%, which is 15% quant boost over what you can get otherwise but probably too much work for one map.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Is there any swappable for cyclone that can clear monoliths very quickly? Or just ED / contagion is a billion times superior?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
why does picking up 1 currency item not pick all of them. wtf picking up splinters is so annoying

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Is ED/contagion the fastest legion farming build I can make for 10ex? I see grim doing insane farming with a TS deadeye but he has like multiple mirrors worth of gear

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Papercut posted:

Is ED/contagion the fastest legion farming build I can make for 10ex? I see grim doing insane farming with a TS deadeye but he has like multiple mirrors worth of gear

If you want to just farm low level maps, you can do it on a TS Deadeye with just a QOTF, Windripper, and a +2 helmet enchant. You should be able to squeeze that in to 10ex.

TheRat posted:

Didn't Bex specifically confirm that legion scaled with packsize?

I have noticed basically no difference.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Oldstench posted:

That's nuts. I'm one level higher and have ~290K DPS. I thought I had some clue what I was doing...

You honestly probably have more clue than me. Despite playing this game more than any other game I've ever played (I have over 1k hours logged), I'm constantly asking questions.

I got some upgraded rings yesterday, which bumped my shaper deeps to 1.6+ mil and added some life (but my Chaos resistance kinda sucks). Keep in mind that realistic deeps is around 1 mil, as I doubt I'll have 50 stacks of rage fighting Shaper.

Here's an updated link (level 90): https://pastebin.com/iZhEY9Kd

Once I get to level 92, I'll have a jewel slot, which will give me some flexibility playing "musical resistances" for a Wise Oak -- which should put me over the edge.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

In the last day a Tabula and two Empower gems have dropped... :allears:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Thanks to everyone giving me advice. I'm still terribly clueless about 95% of the mechanics of this game, but I'm getting there.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Hi can I get an invite to the PoE guild? Account name is Kodaxx7

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Need a character name.

Stupid, I know.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Need a character name.

Stupid, I know.

don't sign your posts

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

whypick1 posted:

Need a character name.

Stupid, I know.

its necrodashwitch

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ruggan posted:

Is there any swappable for cyclone that can clear monoliths very quickly? Or just ED / contagion is a billion times superior?

In my experience getting enough damage to full clear monoliths is easy, the limiting factor is movement speed. Try linking Rage and using Berserk, the attack and movement speed burst makes it real easy to full clear monoliths. It took a bit of investment but my Slayer has surpassed my ED Trickster for monolith clearing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I think there is a goon global channel you can join also

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

whypick1 posted:

Need a character name.

Stupid, I know.

Sorry, I already took SausageCyclone.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Traxis posted:

In my experience getting enough damage to full clear monoliths is easy, the limiting factor is movement speed. Try linking Rage and using Berserk, the attack and movement speed burst makes it real easy to full clear monoliths. It took a bit of investment but my Slayer has surpassed my ED Trickster for monolith clearing.

Once I put rage support and berserk on my dw foil cyclone slayer. Iv fully cleared every monolith iv seen since.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yay deathless shaper kill at lvl 91. I forgot you get an elder orb from shaper and not uber elder. What map to elder?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Personally I don't use any of the orbs, and leave them with zana. I don't target farm maps though, and prefer to do full completion and chase around elder. I find that easier to do while the atlas is vanilla. It certainly makes map trading easier, if you find yourself lacking something.
I've already killed five red elders and four uber elders this league.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Yay deathless shaper kill at lvl 91. I forgot you get an elder orb from shaper and not uber elder. What map to elder?

I did Glacier because monoliths always spawn in the open area at the beginning of the map and are super easy to full clear. And spiked gloves can drop there. The overall monster density isn't amazing tho.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Filthy Monkey posted:

Personally I don't use any of the orbs, and leave them with zana. I don't target farm maps though, and prefer to do full completion and chase around elder. I find that easier to do while the atlas is vanilla. It certainly makes map trading easier, if you find yourself lacking something.
I've already killed five red elders and four uber elders this league.

I noticed this because my first red elder spawn spawned on a map I shaped so I had to have a shaped make to do it and I didn't. So I had to work shaper influence to knock that first red elder out and I lost like 2 days for progress on the zana quest line.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
If you divine a timeless jewel does it change to a new leader? I got the karui one with Kaom and all it does is give me a whole bunch of strength. Like 20 strength per node and like 5% more strength and stuff like that. Pretty useless stuff so I want to see what else I can get. Or I can keep it until I decide on some str build or something. The battle is pretty fun to do so I'll hopefully be getting more timeless jewels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think I'm going to make my second build a viper strike pathfinder after mathil's. What sort of gear should I have set aside before I start to play it?