Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'd completely forgotten about this and was surprised when it was at the top of my Netflix when I loaded it up out of boredom just now.

Glad to hear initial impressions are good. Gonna binge it over the weekend most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I watched the first two episodes so far and I am really annoyed by this and actually the whole Netflix Marvel universe so far.
Come on!
Patsy wanted to be a superhero for all of her life and still refuses to wear a campy super hero outfit.
I really dislike how every character is to smug and gritty for something like this. Just lean into it!
I am glad Netflix Marvel is dead! Unless they end up fixing this mistake. But I don't have any hope there.

Besides that, episode two was actually fun.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Open Source Idiom posted:

New season is good. Only a third of the way in, but I've already got a strong sense that where it's going is absolutely not where people think it's going. Jessica's doomed to be on her own, isn't she?

Rebecca De Mornay's really great this season too. Secret MVP, and complete monster. That shot in the season premier where she's decked out in a purple power suit says it all.

Does Foolkiller ever put on the loving armor? If no, then I have zero interest in watching.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Made it through ep 6 and they're doing the Jessica lets the bad guy get away to murder more people thing again.

Time to go to bed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Woden posted:

Made it through ep 6 and they're doing the Jessica lets the bad guy get away to murder more people thing again.

Time to go to bed.

lmbo I'm so glad I skipped last season and give zero fucks about this one.

Maybe one day I'll use it as a hangover show.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
when Netflix Marvel was announced I never thought one day I'd be comparing it to a teen F-list superhero show on ABC Family unfavorably

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Soothing Vapors posted:

when Netflix Marvel was announced I never thought one day I'd be comparing it to a teen F-list superhero show on ABC Family unfavorably
Hey, Cloak and Dagger are at least C-List. :colbert:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think Daredevil is legitimately good. They just couldn’t keep it up for whatever reason. Guess that’s what happens when you try to do everything fast and cheap.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Wait what show

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Invalid Validation posted:

I think Daredevil is legitimately good. They just couldn’t keep it up for whatever reason. Guess that’s what happens when you try to do everything fast and cheap.

:same: and I think only S2 is really a low point, and even then it was still half A+ and the back half was dumb fun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s possible to do something cheaply without running it into the ground, and people keep touting Scott Buck as someone who gets your poo poo in under budget... but that means he signed off on hiring like 30 ninjas for all that Black Sky bullshit... gently caress that dude just hire another writer, goddamn

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s possible to do something cheaply without running it into the ground, and people keep touting Scott Buck as someone who gets your poo poo in under budget... but that means he signed off on hiring like 30 ninjas for all that Black Sky bullshit... gently caress that dude just hire another writer, goddamn

Scott Buck only did Iron Fist tho. Was there Black Sky stuff in S2? I haven't watched it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

Scott Buck only did Iron Fist tho. Was there Black Sky stuff in S2? I haven't watched it.

Scott Buck didn't do Iron Fist season two, and there also wasn't any Black Sky stuff there either.

It was pretty fun tbh.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Re JJ S3, I like Trish, and it's nice to see a hero work at it, make mistakes and get back up to try again.

Edit: but put some gloves on when tossing an apartment! Jeeze

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Nevvy Z posted:

Wait what show

Cloak and Dagger, which it turns out is actually very good. It's relatively low-stakes compared to the rest of the MCU, and is kind of like a teen-friendly Daredevil show. The casting is great; they have a lot of chemistry with each other and the character work is good. I also like that they reference Netflix events not just as easter eggs but also as a lead in to talking about being a hero.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm on episode three of JJ S3, and I sure hope there's a point to her being so super obnoxious compared to previous seasons.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm on episode three of JJ S3, and I sure hope there's a point to her being so super obnoxious compared to previous seasons.

Her adopted sister shot her mother in the head. I have solved the mystery!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Good to see theyre continuing the trend of everybody being relentlessly awful to each other all the time. Take a shot everytime a conversation would realistically end with a loud "who the gently caress do you think you are?"

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!
Just finished season 3 of Jessica Jones. I think it was really bad. It seemed like whatever made Trish always do the dumbest possible thing last season spread to everyone. Characters kept doing things for no reason. Why did Jessica wrestle the guy? Why did she destroy the evidence after Trish told her she would go to prison for this guy? Why did Jessica have that camera set up? Did she know the guy would drug her and tie her up in that room? Was the other guy just super quiet for a few hours? A guy who can sense evil people? Why would the ramblings of a guy about to kill himself make people flee a law firm and hate super people?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Noodle Incident posted:

Just finished season 3 of Jessica Jones. I think it was really bad. It seemed like whatever made Trish always do the dumbest possible thing last season spread to everyone. Characters kept doing things for no reason. Why did Jessica wrestle the guy? Why did she destroy the evidence after Trish told her she would go to prison for this guy? Why did Jessica have that camera set up? Did she know the guy would drug her and tie her up in that room? Was the other guy just super quiet for a few hours? A guy who can sense evil people? Why would the ramblings of a guy about to kill himself make people flee a law firm and hate super people?

Does Foolkiller wear his purple armor?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
On episode 12 and I don't really like this season. I liked the first 2 seasons of Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (yes I'm that one person that liked the second season of these shows) but this season wasn't to my liking. When dollar store Nathan Fillion showed up that's when I got a bad feeling.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season 2 of DD owns.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The villain in JJ S3 is seriously named "foolkiller"?

Makes me want to check it out

esperterra posted:

Season 2 of DD owns.

Nah. It's by far the weakest of the 3 seasons. Fisk and Punisher save it for the most part and I didn't mind Elektra as much as some people but the Hand was some boring mishandled bullshit.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 16, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think my copy of JJ3 is broken, because i'm enjoying it. How do i get my money back?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BiggerBoat posted:

It's by far the weakest of the 3 seasons.

:agreed: and it owns

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Rocksicles posted:

I think my copy of JJ3 is broken, because i'm enjoying it. How do i get my money back?

Same, I thought it was decent. I'm team Trish all the way, Jessica is a dumbass who got people killed again, new shag boy was cute in a gutter kind of way. I also appreciated the pretty equal opportunity nakedness on show

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I liked it too. Not much of a twist in the plot, but interesting overall and I liked the main characters more this time around than in season two.

For some reason I also got various random references and quotes from Blade Runner verse this season, but I don't know why they'd choose to do that, so maybe it was just me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Blade Runner 2049 came out a few months before JJ season 2, so maybe they thought BR would be a bigger deal as they were writing S3.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Daredevil S2 has way more good scenes than people remember, because the Black Sky Ninja bullshit plotline drags it down so completely that everything else gets lost in the hustle.

Like everything with the Punisher is so good, and then everything with Stick and the Hand is so bad it feels like it’s a different show.

and then S3 comes out and is better than every other Marvel Netflix show except Punisher S1
And DDS1.
Also shout out the first 8 episodes of Luke Cage S1, which had the potential to be the best one of the lot but then Diamondback spikes it into the ground.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah LCS1 started so strong, and then I didn't bother finishing the season out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always feel lame admitting this but I really tried to give Jessica Jones S1 a fair shake but after 2 episodes I still couldn’t see what the gently caress was happening. I swear that entire show was lit from the back with a candle.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Was JJS3 a good enough send off for the Marvel Netflix shows?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I imagine that’s probably why they released it to zero fanfare quietly and about 2 months after everyone wanted it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was JJS3 a good enough send off for the Marvel Netflix shows?

It's ok in that regard. Especially considering that DDS3 pretty much concluded in a nice way for DD and so did the Punisher (iirc) -- and nobody really cares about Iron Fist (which also had a good ending and didn't leave dangling threads for a S3, other than it seemed to be heading the full on campy way some people expected it to go ?)

No, I didn't forget LC.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually Luke Cage basically pushing everyone who loves him away until he has no choice but to become the thing he hates the most was an incredibly incisive take for a story about black men struggling with toxic masculinity and Daddy issues.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bust Rodd posted:

I always feel lame admitting this but I really tried to give Jessica Jones S1 a fair shake but after 2 episodes I still couldn’t see what the gently caress was happening. I swear that entire show was lit from the back with a candle.

eh, JJS1 could have been a great season of TV if not for the back half. It took me over a year to even finish!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Actually Luke Cage basically pushing everyone who loves him away until he has no choice but to become the thing he hates the most was an incredibly incisive take for a story about black men struggling with toxic masculinity and Daddy issues.
Yeah I really liked s2. I might actually rewatch it. Bushmaster was fun and it's great to see the divide between black Americans and African/afro-carribean immigrants. Way better than the back half of s1.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea bushmaster was a good villain. I probably enjoyed Luke Cage season 2 more than the first.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I wasn't that big a fan of DDS3 which makes me the odd man out and this season of Jessica Jones was probably the worst one out of the three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Killgrave overstayed his welcome because they kept having him escape over and over, but losing him hurt JJ just as much as losing Ali hurt LC. Neither show ever really recovered since.