Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy 12
Xenoblade 2

Help me pick, I honestly can't decide and need a stranger to make a decision for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

There's one room and then in the next room you can climb up and skip the whole thing. It takes like 3 minutes.

But the gems though, the gems!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy 12
Xenoblade 2

Help me pick, I honestly can't decide and need a stranger to make a decision for me.

I think all of those games have their good points but I enjoyed Vesperia the most of the 3.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I completely agree with this, and I like the monthly cycle, and the...

[words]

:same: too

not sure how Nintendo might resolve that basic problem, but yeah. I will buy the game and be charmed to hell until I stop playing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I liked Xenoblade, thought Vesperia was ok and disliked FF12 so I'd go with xenoblade

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Was the gacha ever made not dumb in Xenoblade 2.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Heath posted:

Climb up the snowy area in the mountains above the hideout and you can find a big round hole that drops directly into the boss arena and skip the entire thing

haha :twisted:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Leal posted:

Nope

The DLC doesn't have it at all though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leal posted:

With cloud saves and autosync off you can save scum it! Otherwise no.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy 12
Xenoblade 2

I'm playing through Final Fantasy 12 right now and loving it. I'd recommend that one.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you buy the season pass you get a buttload of the gacha things early on

i still need to play more than a few hours of it but i imagine that helps mitigate the dumbness

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Nope

The DLC doesn't have it at all though.

Nep-Nep posted:

With cloud saves and autosync off you can save scum it! Otherwise no.

*sighs, draws katana*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

if you buy the season pass you get a buttload of the gacha things early on

i still need to play more than a few hours of it but i imagine that helps mitigate the dumbness

Not really

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the problem is that all three of those games are bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

nah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I've trash talked Diablo 3 endlessly over the years but I gotta say it makes a great switch game.

It is the only perfect Switch game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bleck posted:

This is the correct answer it was a trick question all along.

I'm gonna go with Vesperia for now and see if it catches me enough, otherwise it is back to Stardew for a little more but I think I'm reaching my end point with that. It's fun planning and working towards a farm but now I'm at the point where it's feeling more like chores and less like reaching new goals. Thanks for the replies.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Leal posted:

As somebody who has most of the blades, you don't need to have them and won't ever be in a situation where you're shuffling through them. And if you want to, save that for new game +

The dlc (which is definitely worth getting and features a second prequel game with tighter focus and expanded/refined battle system) also gives you plenty of guaranteed blades, and tons of chances to open more, plus stuff to help with grinding affinity.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chronojam posted:

As somebody who has most of the blades, you don't need to have them and won't ever be in a situation where you're shuffling through them. And if you want to, save that for new game +

The dlc (which is definitely worth getting and features a second prequel game with tighter focus and expanded/refined battle system) also gives you plenty of guaranteed blades, and tons of chances to open more, plus stuff to help with grinding affinity.

The blades all have their own sidequests and it sucks never getting the ones you want

RIP KOS-MOS who I never got

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Clear Protective Case for Nintendo Switch Mini

Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch mini

Maybe they're both concept art but pretty funny that an accessory site has them listed.

E: Yeah the bottom two came from someone's concept art.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 16, 2019

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If true, what a strange way to find out about it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m dumb and bad with money I’d probably buy a switch mini.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Huh I think I actually want that. It's like joycons that are permanently attached to the console so you don't lose them and they won't get weird sync/drift issues either. Built in controls, what a fresh innovation!

They need to make tethered or wired phones next. That way you never have to worry about battery life, and Becky can't lose her iPhone two bars ago yet again if its tethered to the wall!

Seriously though joy cons have proven to be a little more trouble than they're worth and I think I'm down for a smaller footprint while enjoying the same screen size

Put me up for a pre-order please

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 16, 2019

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
the Kratos dlc for SSBU will be exclusive to the Switch Pro

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
How the hell are you supposed to play 1-2 Switch with that thing?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

You don't. Ever.

This is actually Nintendo's official stance on 1-2 switch

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Huh I think I actually want that. It's like joycons that are permanently attached to the console so you don't lose them and they won't get weird sync/drift issues either. Built in controls, what a fresh innovation!

They need to make tethered or wired phones next. That way you never have to worry about battery life, and Becky can't lose her iPhone two bars ago yet again if its tethered to the wall!

Seriously though joy cons have proven to be a little more trouble than they're worth and I think I'm down for a smaller footprint while enjoying the same screen size

Put me up for a pre-order please

Being detachable isnt' what causes the joycon drift issues.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

So the Pro is probably real too. At this point, I think I'm just going to wait for the inevitable upgrade before buying any consoles going forward.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy 12
Xenoblade 2

FF 12
Then Tales of Vesperia
Then never Xenoblade

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Ah true, I guess it would at least address syncing/battery issues. I have one joycon that only works when plugged into the console, it doesn't charge anymore and won't even update the firmware due to permanent low battery status!

I'd probably keep a spare joy con or two but yeah I'd rather the switch have it's own built in controls too

Roluth posted:

So the Pro is probably real too. At this point, I think I'm just going to wait for the inevitable upgrade before buying any consoles going forward.

Tech is always getting refreshed every 6 months to a year. I'd rather buy what I want now and make sure I'm happy with what it currently offers vs what is or isn't coming down the pipeline! Otherwise you're always looking out for the next refresh

People are already holding off the PS4 for the ps5 which we know very little about!

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 16, 2019

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I just replaced the control sticks in two of my joycons on Friday. It really wasn't too bad to do, but now imagine that the only way to fix them is to go disassembling the Switch itself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Roluth posted:

Have fun never buying anything ever.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Detective No. 27 posted:

Being detachable isnt' what causes the joycon drift issues.

It kind of is, though. The durability problems are because the internals of the analogue sticks are so flimsy, which they had to be to fit inside the available space, which had to be so shallow because of the extra space needed for the internal battery.

Remove that problem and you've got another half centimetre to work with, and that's before other space considerations like internalized rumble and the extra buttons on the joycon rail.

All this is moot, of course, because that poo poo's fake as hell.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I get why some people are upset about a switch pro causing them to have to upgrade etc but I don’t care, at all, because I want a switch pro and I don’t care about anyone else’s thoughts and feelings :shrug:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that Witcher 3 is going to be the showpiece for a switch pro. Like it'll run on the basic model but will actually offer a smooth experience on the upgraded console.

Ads will hammer on about getting the "improved experience" or whatever on the beefier model. Hell I guess I'm a garbage consumer because I actually hope this happens! Anything that lets the switch live its best life

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That render is fake but it’ll definitely happen eventually. I’m fine with Pro consoles, I just always sell the old system for it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*ad* Spend an extra $300 to play this xbox360 game from 2015 at 720p instead of 500p.

I'm sold.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

*ad* Spend an extra $300 to play this xbox360 game from 2015 at 720p instead of 500p.

I'm sold.

I mean the new 3ds main game was a wii game from 2010. That still looked like poo poo

I think it was the only game that ever really released for that

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BisterdDave posted:

you have one, now two, switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

American McGay posted:

I'm sold.

This but extremely unironically. The world's beefiest Gameboy...:blush: