Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

good, im glad hes gonna finish up that part of the story

e: unrelated, but thread

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1138968205999902721

I'm sure he's to much of a class act to talk about it, but it's especially gotta be nice having an artist tou can collaborate with like that in comparison to his first Marvel book with Greg Land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
Giant Man was nice; I like that Marvel keeps giving Leah Williams work; she is a pretty good writer and I like that she has worked with many different aspects of the Marvel Universe. I just wish she was paired with better artists.

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.
I came to echo a lot of what's already been said. Spider-Man Life Story is just great, the Hunted Epilogue was really cool, and Immortal Hulk continues to straight up impress me every month.

I also came to say that I really like Silver Surfer Black. The art is really weird and cool which fits into the theme of the Surfer being caught in the Void. If you've read the recent Guardians of the Galaxy no. 1, you're ready for this story. It'd also help if you've read Donny Cates' latest run on Venom which is also super loving good. The Guardians Annual that just came out fleshes out some of the side stuff, but isn't necessary imho. I've kinda been fanboy-ing out on Cates' stuff recently as I've really liked his stories. Thanos Wins, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom. All quality.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Everything talked about so far was great (how is Hulk even a thing? It's incredible). Shout-out to a series maybe no one is reading: Invaders is really good! Please read it!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hahaha goddamn that hulk ending

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

site posted:

Hahaha goddamn that hulk ending

Ewing really taking advantage of writing a book with "Immortal" on the cover

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Immortal Hulk is really giving me some Junji Ito or Devilman vibes. It's so creepy. Did Devil Hulk regress into Savage Hulk when he was being dissolved by Abomination? I wonder if his cowardice is going to be a thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Little Mac posted:

Immortal Hulk is really giving me some Junji Ito or Devilman vibes. It's so creepy. Did Devil Hulk regress into Savage Hulk when he was being dissolved by Abomination? I wonder if his cowardice is going to be a thing.

it's not the first time. He seems to revert back to Child Hulk whenever he's really badly hurt.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I keep thinking there’s no possible way that Immortal Hulk can keep getting more hosed up yet every issue it finds a way.

Al Ewing and Joe Bennett are very disturbed individuals and thank goodness for it. To think of all the stuff that Ewing has written for Marvel and it’s this book that’s become a huge hit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I never liked any story with Bruce Banner in it. Would I like this series everyone is praising?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's literally the first Hulk series I've ever enjoyed, so maybe?

sammyv
Nov 8, 2010
It's incredible (whoa, what an amazing pun!). It's too early to say, but we could be approaching Alan Moore's Swamp Thing territory in terms of a character defining run.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

cant cook creole bream posted:

I never liked any story with Bruce Banner in it. Would I like this series everyone is praising?

I love its weird mix of Cronenberg body horror and willingness to explore Banner's mental state/personalities. I genuinely am surprised more and more by how deep of a dive it does into Hulk continuity while still being accessible to me, a guy who has pretty much only read Planet Hulk.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Herb Trimpe’s Hulk really grew on me, and Planet Hulk was awesome, so I’ve liked Hulk before. But this is a hell of a run.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would say give the first 6 issues a go and if you dont like it, well you're probably dead inside and beyond hope anyways

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I love Grek Pak and a lot of his time on Hulk-related stuff, but this run feels like the first to really develop PAD's most interesting ideas about the character. It's really, really good as a Marvel Universe story as well as a Swamp Thing-style horror story.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

i would say give the first 6 issues a go and if you dont like it, well you're probably dead inside and beyond hope anyways

That's true either way.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

That's true either way.

You need to be like the hulk and now have some heart

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I just recently caught up with this series as well and yeah.

Yeah.

It's unfathomably great.

Also: :barf::frogsiren::byodame::psyboom::cthulhu:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

You need to be like the hulk and now have some heart

:yosnice:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 14, 2019

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Probably depends on what you don't like about Banner. He shares the spotlight with Hulk's latest personality, the amoral but intuitively intelligent "Devil Hulk", and so far has shied away from "Banner, super scientist." It begins with them both on the run, a bit like in the classic TV show, but with the twist that Hulk only comes out at night, and can resurrect Banner from the dead when he does, thus the "Immortal" title. The first few issues remind me a bit of a classic horror anthology comic, featuring a new, gamma themed monster with each issues, but it quickly becomes a character study of Banner, Hulk, and their supporting cast, with a focus on the philosophical implications of the Hulk.

Also, body horror. So much body horror.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1140318029957541890

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There are enough Spider-heroes to start their own Fantastic Four!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If I get more Silk, sure.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

There are enough Spider-heroes to start their own Fantastic Four!

I don't think an F4 branding would protect a new Web Warriors book from cancelation better than the Spider-Man branding.

I'm wondering who they're gonna kill to make room for him in the main book. I think Sue is the only one who hasn't been killed before, but it'd be really bad optics to kill the only woman in a team book and replace her with a man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m guessing Thing will retire to spend time with his wife? Spidey had a good run as a member of the FF but that was replacing Johnny. Him AND Johnny in a team would rule.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

it'd be really bad optics to kill the only woman in a team book and replace her with a man.

sounds like slott

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit, i do not want any more Slott written Spider-Man

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Is it me or is it weird to be reading this thread and seeing so many post about how good Marvel is doing right now (at least that is the impression I'm getting)?

I haven't kept up with titles in a while, but Immortal Hulk keep making me :whoah: every time I see someone post about it and the news about the King Thor title butters my biscuits!

I've been out of the loop for a while so I just may be mistaken but it felt like the last time unkept up with this Marvel thread it was definitely not a optimistic. I'm now at the point of getting my pull box reactivated at the shop.

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 16, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It could be a pretend adaptation of a fourth Tobey Maguire Spidey movie :)

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is it me or is it weird to be reading this thread and seeing so many post about how good Marvel is doing right now (at least that is the impression I'm getting)?

I haven't kept up with titles in a while, but Immortal Hulk keep making me :woah: every time I see someone post about it and the news about the King Thor title butters my biscuits!

I've been out of the loop for a while so I just may be mistaken but it felt like the last time unkept up with this Marvel thread it was definitely not a optimistic. I'm now at the point of getting my pull box reactivated at the shop.

The post-Secret Wars, Legacy days weren't so good (with some exceptions), if that's when you were last following.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 16, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
What if its not the Fantastic Four, but instead Spider-Man is going to form his own Four Horsemen to take on the Vulture's Savage Six?

Spider-Man is Ric Flair
Boomerang is Barry Windham
Taskmaster and Black Ant are Tully & Arn
JJ Jameson is JJ Dillon

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

What if its not the Fantastic Four, but instead Spider-Man is going to form his own Four Horsemen to take on the Vulture's Savage Six?

Spider-Man is Ric Flair
JJ Jameson is JJ Dillon

That's a book I would read (assuming it's not written by Slott or Spencer).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now that you've said it, it's co-written by both of them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Black Ant is not nearly professional enough to be Arn come on

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Spider-Man is Ric Flair
JJ Jameson is JJ Dillon

Everyone knows Luke Cage is the only person that can give an Arn Anderson Spinebuster AND do the stone face afterwards. :cmon:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I haven't kept up with titles in a while, but Immortal Hulk keep making me :whoah: every time I see someone post about it and the news about the King Thor title butters my biscuits!

It does seem like Marvel is in a phase where editorial is putting the right people on books. Besides Slott being on Akron Man and FF, I haven’t heard many complaints about what’s coming out lately. People were turning sour on Uncanny X-Men, but after next month, that won’t be a problem anymore.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jiro posted:

Everyone knows Luke Cage is the only person that can give an Arn Anderson Spinebuster AND do the stone face afterwards. :cmon:

Taskmaster can do anything he sees done :colbert:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Open Marriage Night posted:

It does seem like Marvel is in a phase where editorial is putting the right people on books. Besides Slott being on Akron Man and FF, I haven’t heard many complaints about what’s coming out lately. People were turning sour on Uncanny X-Men, but after next month, that won’t be a problem anymore.

Uncanny is dire. Hickman's not just going to write a good series, he's doing us all a favor before it starts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

But can Taskmaster mimic the ability to look like someone’s overworked dad from the 80’s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

wiegieman posted:

Uncanny is dire. Hickman's not just going to write a good series, he's doing us all a favor before it starts.

It's hard to overstate how inept Rosenberg has been.