Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Popeye's is better than KFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Popeye's is literally the only good chain chicken place, the rest are ok in various degrees and Chick-Fil-A is trash, this is the truth of the world.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
There's a local chicken place called Chicken USA. I've never eaten there, but I assume it's good because fights break out every night when they run out of chicken to serve.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh you want good chicken? Go to a korean place.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Jurgan posted:

Popeye's is better than KFC.

Read this the other way around and got so heated.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

baw posted:

He was also on the Harvard Law Review at the same time as Obama

lol what a nerd(2nd row techincally 2nd from the left but he's behind two people).

Good job you beta Andy. (Other Schlafly facts. Schlafly Brewing is like his cousin or something, they're okay beers, also the best fried chicken I had is from my local diner so whatev)

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
So the president is weighing one TV network against a younger, more attractive, newcomer?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/15/oan-oann-fox-news-donald-trump

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
My father has been jorped. :negative:

I can't seem to find the CSPAM thread for rebuttal stuff. The two things I'm definitely going to dig up:

- the Slavoj Zizek Dunking, lol
- that one guy who took apart Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning

Any other recommendations off the top of your guys' heads?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
https://www.patreon.com/posts/jordan-peterson-17972181

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wonder if Jorp still dreams about his naked grandma.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lycus posted:

I wonder if Jorp still dreams about his naked grandma.

Pfft, who doesn't?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://art19.com/shows/larry-wilmore

So Larry Wilmore apparently has a podcast and had on Ben Shapiro. It's a good discussion overall (though a bit too friendly for my tastes), but it got interesting when Ben brought up federal overreach and referenced some anti-gay flowershop. There was a moment in there where Larry tried to press Ben on why he was okay with the government not interfering with the flowershop, but seemed to be okay with the governments in the 50s telling businesses to segregate. I was initially confused at what Larry was getting at (Ben is against the government forcing a business to do something, so why was he okay with the government forcing businesses to segregate?) It then all came together when I realized that Larry was not talking about the government imposing Jim Crow, but rather the CRA (both Ben and I thought he was talking about former). In other words, Larry didn't realize that Ben doesn't support the CRA. :lol:

There was one weird part in there where Ben claimed he would support the CRA at the time, but...wouldn't do so today. Not sure how that works in his big brain exactly.

edit: also seems like I'm the only one on the planet who prefers KFC over Popeye's. :smith:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr Interweb posted:

https://art19.com/shows/larry-wilmore

So Larry Wilmore apparently has a podcast and had on Ben Shapiro. It's a good discussion overall (though a bit too friendly for my tastes), but it got interesting when Ben brought up federal overreach and referenced some anti-gay flowershop. There was a moment in there where Larry tried to press Ben on why he was okay with the government not interfering with the flowershop, but seemed to be okay with the governments in the 50s telling businesses to segregate. I was initially confused at what Larry was getting at (Ben is against the government forcing a business to do something, so why was he okay with the government forcing businesses to segregate?) It then all came together when I realized that Larry was not talking about the government imposing Jim Crow, but rather the CRA (both Ben and I thought he was talking about former). In other words, Larry didn't realize that Ben doesn't support the CRA. :lol:

There was one weird part in there where Ben claimed he would support the CRA at the time, but...wouldn't do so today. Not sure how that works in his big brain exactly.

edit: also seems like I'm the only one on the planet who prefers KFC over Popeye's. :smith:

Not supporting the CRA at the time was racist, but if you move it in time it becomes OK.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Pirate Radar posted:

Not supporting the CRA at the time was racist, but if you move it in time it becomes OK.

The dumb argument is that by passing the CRA and VRA the USA fixed racism 100%, and so we don't need any government civil rights laws anymore because passing that law made everybody not racist anymore.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ErIog posted:

The dumb argument is that by passing the CRA and VRA the USA fixed racism 100%, and so we don't need any government civil rights laws anymore because passing that law made everybody not racist anymore.

Right, in the 1960s the CRA was necessary but they argue that in 2019 America it wouldn't be necessary and therefore it's not racist to oppose it, they just like ~small government~ or whatever.

Though of course "small government" is something I haven't been hearing recently, wonder why.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Small government" has been getting thrown back in their face over abortion a lot lately. Not that they give a gently caress the hypocrisy and cruelty is the point but it's getting noticeable to bystanders and that's what they care about.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Another Conservapedia gem was when they thought they were being smart by asking for the full data from an experiment showing bacteria evolved, thinking it could call the scientists bluff that it was faked/contaminated.
Schlafly's initial argument was that the paper did not have the full 20 years of data in it, therefore fake. Then the scientist offered all 20 years of data, including samples of all the stages of bacteria, and asked if Schlafly had a cold storage to handle them all. He didn't.

Here is a great write up of it:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lenski_affair

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ErIog posted:

Ginsburg summed the whole thing up perfectly by saying it's like throwing away your umbrella because you don't need it now that you aren't getting wet. More to the point, I'm not sure how "we don't need it anymore" is even a legal argument. You could argue to change the law with that reasoning, but I don't see how it could become unconstitutional through the passage of time.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

Right, in the 1960s the CRA was necessary but they argue that in 2019 America it wouldn't be necessary and therefore it's not racist to oppose it, they just like ~small government~ or whatever.

That still doesn't make sense because Shapiro says if a store/restaurant/whatever doesn't want to serve black people, they should go out of business. Implying that such a thing is racist, but regardless, it's not something that the government needs to be interfering with.

It's like when Rand Paul said that the Clean Air Act was good when it was passed, but now that all the acid rain is gone, we don't need it anymore.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

That still doesn't make sense because Shapiro says if a store/restaurant/whatever doesn't want to serve black people, they should go out of business. Implying that such a thing is racist, but regardless, it's not something that the government needs to be interfering with.

It's like when Rand Paul said that the Clean Air Act was good when it was passed, but now that all the acid rain is gone, we don't need it anymore.

It's disingenuous and they know it, just just can't admit it out loud...yet.

There's a market in exclusion. Like having a burger shop that boasts "No veggie pansy crap here, just RED MEAT" has a market share despite excluding people who want to eat healthier, excluding easy targets will attract and engage bigots, and people who want to remain friendly with bigots. Chick-fil-A is the early stage of that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the media sucks but has anyone ever asked roberts why after he baselessly gutted the vra republicans went into hyperdrive with voter suppression efforts when he said they wouldn;t?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

the media sucks but has anyone ever asked roberts why after he baselessly gutted the vra republicans went into hyperdrive with voter suppression efforts when he said they wouldn;t?

We're about to get a SCOTUS ruling that says gerrymandering to make republicans win is fine

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no doubt i'd just like to see how he tries to weasel out of the question. or see the media at least attempt to do their jobs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

I can’t think of an interview Roberts has done with the media

Generally SC Justices don’t do interviews while they are actively on the court

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I’ve been looking for a Peterson all encompassing take down - thanks! I’ve got some reading to do!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Jurgan posted:

Ginsburg summed the whole thing up perfectly by saying it's like throwing away your umbrella because you don't need it now that you aren't getting wet. More to the point, I'm not sure how "we don't need it anymore" is even a legal argument. You could argue to change the law with that reasoning, but I don't see how it could become unconstitutional through the passage of time.

Yes, we don't need laws against murder anymore either, because everyone KNOWS murder is wrong, so there are no more murders. QED, libs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can’t think of an interview Roberts has done with the media

Generally SC Justices don’t do interviews while they are actively on the court

scalia definitely did but he was a gloryhound.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:patriot:

Thanks much.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1140350790550335501?s=20

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Loomer: Jaw thrust forward, she's the mandible for the job.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
What's scary is wondering how many of those likes are the dozens of Loomer parachute accounts she's manage to squirrel away past the waves of bans. Right now, she's probably surrounded by an array of 15 disposable phones, each one with Twitter seared into the pixels.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Florida’s crazy enough to elect anyone, so she actually stands a decent shot if she runs.

Also lol @ Bumble Jack including the Pride flag in his twitter handle. If he had his way LGBT people would wouldn’t even exist.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mr Interweb posted:

Rand says that Medicare for All (or any other form of federally mandated healthcare) is effectively slavery for doctors as well (he may have said this about the ACA too but I don't remember for sure). You can just find out what he thinks about an issue and take the other side if you're OK with being right 98% of the time.

Groovelord Neato posted:

scalia definitely did but he was a gloryhound.

Ginsberg has done one or two :v:

nine-gear crow posted:

Florida’s crazy enough to elect anyone, so she actually stands a decent shot if she runs.

There's been serious talk of Matt Gaetz running for Doug Jones' seat in Alabama since you only have to establish residence for 24 hours to get on the ballot. I'd say she might be even more annoying than Gaetz, but he's actually fairly sharp based on interviews I've seen. It might give her an open, safe R seat to run for though.

What's Twitter's policy for elected officeholders? I know they've basically said they aren't kicking Trump off because he's the President but I don't know if that's part of some formal policy or if that's just Dorsey not wanting to be mean to one of his buddies.

e: looks like Roberts did a sit-down interview with CSPAN about a year ago.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 17, 2019

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does Loomer even live in FL, does FL even have laws about having to live there to run.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think the only “benefit” to Laura Loomer becoming a US Congresswoman would be the rematch between her and that one dude who chaos dunked her into oblivion during Jack Dorsey’s day of congressional hearings by breaking out into an auctioneer’s drawl when she started screaming from the gallery in order to shut her up.

It will be slightly less funny when does something like attacks AOC with a can of mase in the hallway or chains herself to the Speaker’s podium when whoever replaces Nancy Pelosi in 2021 won’t legislate her Twitter account back to her.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Rand says that Medicare for All (or any other form of federally mandated healthcare) is effectively slavery for doctors as well (he may have said this about the ACA too but I don't remember for sure). You can just find out what he thinks about an issue and take the other side if you're OK with being right 98% of the time.

Ginsberg has done one or two :v:

There's been serious talk of Matt Gaetz running for Doug Jones' seat in Alabama since you only have to establish residence for 24 hours to get on the ballot. I'd say she might be even more annoying than Gaetz, but he's actually fairly sharp based on interviews I've seen. It might give her an open, safe R seat to run for though.

What's Twitter's policy for elected officeholders? I know they've basically said they aren't kicking Trump off because he's the President but I don't know if that's part of some formal policy or if that's just Dorsey not wanting to be mean to one of his buddies.

e: looks like Roberts did a sit-down interview with CSPAN about a year ago.

I think she might be entitled to an official verified birdsite account which is the thing she longs for most in all the world.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Feinne posted:

I think she might be entitled to an official verified birdsite account which is the thing she longs for most in all the world.

I think she thinks she already is - she even has a Wikipedia page!

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

I think the only “benefit” to Laura Loomer becoming a US Congresswoman would be the rematch between her and that one dude who chaos dunked her into oblivion during Jack Dorsey’s day of congressional hearings by breaking out into an auctioneer’s drawl when she started screaming from the gallery in order to shut her up.

That was funny but that guy, Billy Long, is basically a Captain Planet villain he's such a comically evil Missouri Republican. It hurts to have enjoyed something he did.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Did no one learn from Sargon of Akkad and Count Dankula? Those idiots got absolutely humiliated and so will Laura Loomer. I mean anything is possible in America because voting protections and rights here are poo poo as gently caress but I fully expect her to wind up a stain on the wall.

It's almost as egotistical as all these Democrats running for President when they'd be more effective in other offices or just focusing on doing a better job where they're at. These social media dummies think outside their bubble they might gain some traction but they don't understand even if most of the country is as dumb and racist and as goosestepping as they are, they're also normies and the average Republican will balk at how loving weird these loving Twitter and YouTube jerkoffs come off as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

The first efforts started literally within 24 hours of the decision being handed down