Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Limbo is still king of crate smashing/medal/cache hunting tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Limbo was way better when you could bring enemies to you easily.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I actually taken to using Khora for the crate/cache/syndicate medallion hunting missions as well. Her whip when modded for max range does a pretty great job at breaking everything in a room (including enemies) and having 2 companions with (primed) animal instinct is pretty handy too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Anora posted:

Now where should I go for 30+ solo interception with hobbled dragon key and no deaths? other then gently caress myself apparently.

Anywhere, that's a really easy one.

Awesome! posted:

slowva trivializes interceptions. pick a nice infested one to make it extra easy and go to town. remember you can void dash normally with a hobbled key.

Not just void dash, it has zero effect on parkour. As long as you aren't walking or running, you're fine.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

theres apparently some way of cheesing solo interception with ivara's noise arrows too although ive never tried that one myself

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Limbo is still king of crate smashing/medal/cache hunting tho

This is what I do. Near max range + strength + loot detector. Cast it...watch what doesn't move...then turn it off.
Recast over and over and clear the maps super easily

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ugh, I still need to do that Riven, but these last three days have gotten me a lot of poo poo.

Wisp is building
Maxed the lightning gun from the store
Got the Aura Forma, and Spectra and Glaxion Vandals
Baro got me 3 primed mods, 2 new poo poo weapons, a syndana, 8 Axi A2 relics (and Aklex prime is building, I had on built already and the parts for a second, so just needed the link and BP, and got both by the 3rd relic, so now I have some extra Aklex prime bits)
Got the the two Zaw parts I needed for MR from plague star
Got to rank 5 on Nightwave
leveled up 3 Zaws to max after gilding, and have the rest of the parts needed to make the last three I need for MR.
Finished adding the mats to the guild my friends are in for a few weapons.

Couple of questions though: Which other bits should I get for the best results for the plague Zaws, and where's a good farm for Nuerodes?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Anora posted:

Couple of questions though: Which other bits should I get for the best results for the plague Zaws, and where's a good farm for Nuerodes?

Assuming you want to run a crit/status hybrid, for staff/polearm zaws I tend to go with Seekala - Ekwana Jai II.

Seekala for the speed, you can get up to 1.2-1.3 without Berserker which is plenty fast enough for CO and that gives me an extra option slot. I prefer speed over damage since the largest component of the damage comes from Condition Overload and I prefer adding status types quickly to a %-increase in damage per hit.

Ekwana Jai II because its crit/status distribution is great for a CO/BR hybrid build. Vargeet Jai II also works for this but only if you use Weeping Wounds instead of one of the 60/60 mods, gives you much higher base crit for Blood Rush.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Hey I'm thinkin about trying this game out, is there a referral program or something I can do for some goon to get free stuff?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Hey I'm thinkin about trying this game out, is there a referral program or something I can do for some goon to get free stuff?

There's a reverse referral program, you sign up with Goon Alliance and vets who have 9,999 extra copies of Barrel Diffusion give you mods for your guns that make them shoot twice as many bullets for free each time you pull the trigger.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Hazdoc posted:

Turns out there is but I never used it, will PM you. You will get a week long XP booster.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
With my crappy connection I feel like a useless lump on Dolon runs. I'd like to at least participate and be helpful, so with that in mind, which frames would be good for utility when fighting eidolons? I'm thinking Oberon, Volt, Trinity, or Harrow would be the most likely ones.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the standard team is chroma/volt/trinity/harrow. the easiest role is harrow, by far. your only responsibility is to press 4 at the right time when a dolon uses their energy spike thing, which is accompanied by numerous audio and visual cues.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Volt's role is also quite easy and, for the most part, doesn't require as much timing. But it is more dangerous for Volt, standing right on the eidolons the whole time. Learning either role first will take about as much effort as the other and both will teach you the basic fight, but Harrow will let you sit back from all the chaos a little more than Volt.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Out of the current Nightwave offerings, is there anything worth my hard-earned Nora creds? I'm really hoping Corrosive Projection pops up during this Intermission

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Moreau posted:

Out of the current Nightwave offerings, is there anything worth my hard-earned Nora creds? I'm really hoping Corrosive Projection pops up during this Intermission

All the nitain you can carry.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I took full advantage of the first Twitch Drop fiasco, so I have 120-some Nitain, still. I guess I'm just buying potatoes. I always need potatoes.

Also down to my last two guns. Tempted to just buy the last parts of the Lato and Braton Vandals, but eh, I'll get them eventually. Not like MR28's going to be available for a while.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Echophonic posted:

I took full advantage of the first Twitch Drop fiasco, so I have 120-some Nitain, still. I guess I'm just buying potatoes. I always need potatoes.

Also down to my last two guns. Tempted to just buy the last parts of the Lato and Braton Vandals, but eh, I'll get them eventually. Not like MR28's going to be available for a while.

Don't buy potatoes, buy auras and sell them for plat then buy potatoes with plat.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
WTF MR 23 test?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

WTF MR 23 test?

Just did it last week on PS4 with Loki P with as max Duration/Efficiency/Sprint Speed as I could get. Stayed invisible and ate a death after 1/2 way through to replenish energy. Did practice more than usual to get the timing down. It’s annoyingly stressful for some reason.

They need to change the moving target to the Roomba thing now that’s it’s in the game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
insanely easy with a sprint speed loki or limbo yeah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just did it tonight with my spy build octavia which is lots of run speed and duration. had 2 minutes to spare.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

In Plague Star, is there any particular reason to summon the Hemocyte, rather than just boost the level of the Infested mobs? Assuming one has all the Hunter mods?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

each phylaxis and catalyst gives 250, so having 4 of each gives 3k per run

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ive seen that, yeah. But it takes so long to defeat the Hemocyte in that scenario. Ive been wondering why people dont just speed run with Eidolon Catalyst instead for 2k per run

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

With the right gear, its better and its less tedious than running to a cave and getting the toxin

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
With a Slowva you can basically stop it from moving, and at that point it's pretty easy with a good Rubico.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I keep meaning to spin up a Nova and try it out, so that's as good a reason as any. Mind, right now I'm running around with Inaros, lots of fun. What's a good build to complete the star chart with? I wanna start trying out sorties and arbitrations

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
In all the goon groups (wisp, titania usually) I've ran with it takes about 10-15 seconds to kill each of the four hemocytes, and after the first one they pretty much spawn one after each other, so I guess I don't understand the need to to run it faster?

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Yeah at certain level of group gear/got their poo poo togetherness, the time it takes to kill 4 max boosted hemocytes is marginal to the defense timer and the time it takes for the drone to fly towards the boil.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

The REAL benefit to having a Nova in the Plague Boil is her using Portals to warp the drone closer to the boil. Slowing down the Hemocyte is risky because you're slowing down the animations where it's not vulnerable too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm trying to complete the Second Dream quest, and I'm at "Protect the Moon". Is there any way to make this easier? I keep getting murdered again and again trying to get the Security Eye to shoot the Pendula. And the one time I did make it past that step, I got murdered by some wind-chime-looking prick while I was trying to extract.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Hutter posted:

Yeah at certain level of group gear/got their poo poo togetherness, the time it takes to kill 4 max boosted hemocytes is marginal to the defense timer and the time it takes for the drone to fly towards the boil.

A goon pointed out to me that Loki is great for Plague Stars. Teleport the drone 150 meters every few seconds, assuming hills don't gently caress your LoS.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 16, 2019

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

prefect posted:

I'm trying to complete the Second Dream quest, and I'm at "Protect the Moon". Is there any way to make this easier? I keep getting murdered again and again trying to get the Security Eye to shoot the Pendula. And the one time I did make it past that step, I got murdered by some wind-chime-looking prick while I was trying to extract.
The eye part took me 20 minutes and i wiped and it is, to this day, my least favorite miniboss in all of warframe, so i still feel your pain. And if you mean the Conculyst you can just run past him.
e: Also according to the wiki this particular mission doesn't have to be solo'd? So maybe i or someone else could help you past it if you want to.

The quests ending made up for it, somewhat, but i'd suggest just looking up a (spoiler free) guide or wiki description of bosses that give you trouble. DE has only recently gotten on the "more hits than misses" side of "guess what you have to do in this invulnerable phase" boss designs, and a lot of earlier designs that really need an overhaul in general are unfortunately unlikely to get one (looking at you ambulances).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 16, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoadCrewWorker posted:

e: Also according to the wiki this particular mission doesn't have to be solo'd? So maybe i or someone else could help you past it if you want to.

I didn't realize you could do the story-type questline stuff with other people. This could make things very possible. Thanks. :tipshat:

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The quests ending made up for it, somewhat

I'm so close to breaching the spoiler barrier (next quest is "War Within"), and it's killing me. :spergin:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You really are right on the cusp of Things.

thylacine posted:

In all the goon groups (wisp, titania usually) I've ran with it takes about 10-15 seconds to kill each of the four hemocytes, and after the first one they pretty much spawn one after each other, so I guess I don't understand the need to to run it faster?

Really all the party needs is one Titania with Razorwing Blitz and some moderately forma'd dex pixia modded for corrosive and the Hemocyst absolutely melts. Wisp and snipers, or another Titania, would certainly speed this along but it's really not necessary. A Nova or Loki to speed up the drone phase is the other big time saver. Get someone quick with an Itzal to blitz that first cave and you can do a maxed out plague star run real real quick.

Do we know when we're getting that Wukong rework? Before Tennocon?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

prefect posted:

I'm so close to breaching the spoiler barrier (next quest is "War Within"), and it's killing me. :spergin:

You're also ready to start farming for amps, so enjoy that (it makes another quest super easy)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

FunkyFjord posted:

You really are right on the cusp of Things.

Really all the party needs is one Titania with Razorwing Blitz and some moderately forma'd dex pixia modded for corrosive and the Hemocyst absolutely melts. Wisp and snipers, or another Titania, would certainly speed this along but it's really not necessary. A Nova or Loki to speed up the drone phase is the other big time saver. Get someone quick with an Itzal to blitz that first cave and you can do a maxed out plague star run real real quick.

Do we know when we're getting that Wukong rework? Before Tennocon?

nothing concrete but i'd guess by the next mainline update if they're showing off the new animations and detailed breakdowns of each ability

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Most of the not-leph time is spent waiting for that cyan-ish head to do the downward swing, because gently caress tracking the weakpoint on his horizontal one well enough for a single-cycle kill. But really, the actual significant time savers are in the drone spawn and teleport strats.

prefect posted:

I didn't realize you could do the story-type questline stuff with other people. This could make things very possible. Thanks. :tipshat:
That rule is very spotty and inconsistent, with the most cinematic/scripting heavy missions being solo. I mainly remember because i've helped others past that specific mission a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That rule is very spotty and inconsistent, with the most cinematic/scripting heavy missions being solo. I mainly remember because i've helped others past that specific mission a few times.

I was able to finish most of a crossword puzzle while waiting for somebody else to come along, and we just barely eked it out. :woop:

Now to obsess over what alignment means before I move on to doing the actual War Within quest. :ohdear: