Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

yall a bunch of haters that video was nonstop rad dudes living their best lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

Never mind, I don't want this game to come out anymore.

Don't let the SHEEPLE put your spirits down. Recapture your hype for this game.

Node fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 14, 2019

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The bard one was actually decent, if not out of context for a fantasy-era mmo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Node posted:

Don't let the SHEEPLE put your spirits down. Recapture your hype for this game.

I mean honestly this game won't come out no matter what anyways.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

like yeah I do legit feel bad for these people that still think the game is going to be out :negative:

at this point I'm more worried if there's even going to be a decent population for it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'd love for someone to make eq 1.5 but this aint it. those poor folks.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

How loving hard is it to make a successor to Everquest it was a game made in the Stone Ages. These developers have the mental disabilities.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Line Feed posted:

How loving hard is it to make a successor to Everquest it was a game made in the Stone Ages. These developers have the mental disabilities.

they did, it's called wow and it took the worst things from eq and ditched the best parts

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Line Feed posted:

It takes a lot of technical expertise to actually make an MMO. The people with the experience and knowhow required to design and implement this stuff generally arent interested in spending a few years wondering if their paycheck is going to bounce while helping some washed up opioid addict try to implement his "ideas".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

eq cost less than 5 million in today's dollars and didn't mr lord british himself raise more than that.

Line Feed posted:

there's all sorts of feature creep bullshit these people can't just make a game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I thought this was a phishing email, but apparently it’s legit.

It links to a survey they put out to measure interest in Pantheon merchandise lol. One of the questions asks if you’ve ever painted a figurine.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if you gave me 5 mil i could make eq 1.5 but i don't have a crippling addiction to pills and feature creep.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Percelus posted:

they did, it's called wow and it took the worst things from eq and ditched the best parts

Lol people still think this stupid poo poo

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Six AM posted:

Lol people still think this stupid poo poo

ya it's not like they hired eq raiders to help design the game and admitted they got the idea for wow while playing eq and thought we could build a game like this ourselves

oh wait all that stuff did happen, wow is just blizzard eq

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is amazing that the guy who's lead designer on overwatch got his start because he poopsocked eq and happened to have blizzard guys in his guild.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I played on Veeshan with Furor back in the day! I even had a few encounters with him despite never hitting max level and being totally unimportant. His reputation as being the type of person who is incredibly arrogant about their MMO character was pretty well earned. That he is actually managing people now seems like it explains a lot about the way things have gone with Blizzard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

I thought this was a phishing email, but apparently it’s legit.

It links to a survey they put out to measure interest in Pantheon merchandise lol. One of the questions asks if you’ve ever painted a figurine.

Finishing the loving game would be a cool game-related thing to give fans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is amazing that the guy who's lead designer on overwatch got his start because he poopsocked eq and happened to have blizzard guys in his guild.

All of a sudden the lootboxes make sense.

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you gave me 5 mil i could make eq 1.5 but i don't have a crippling addiction to pills and feature creep.

My EQ 1.5 would be very modest. The level cap would be 50, and its core feature would be lots of races with deep customization, and classes. You would have to group, but grouping would be done instantly with matchmaking, teleporting everyone to a leveling spot, and scaled stats to match the content. So lots of quality of life improvements expected in a modern day MMO. I would have a buy to play model like Guild Wars, with a cosmetic cash shop that only sold pets, cosmetic armor, and mounts.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 15, 2019

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Percelus posted:

ya it's not like they hired eq raiders to help design the game and admitted they got the idea for wow while playing eq and thought we could build a game like this ourselves

Cool. So what does that have to do with your boring hyperbole

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my rear end off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, gently caress YOU GUYS. Seriously, gently caress YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY loving DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Givin posted:

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my rear end off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, gently caress YOU GUYS. Seriously, gently caress YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY loving DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

This but unironocally.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Six AM posted:

Cool. So what does that have to do with your boring hyperbole

Sorry that you're upset at people correctly saying wow is 100% carried by the Warcraft bit

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

I said come in! posted:

All of a sudden the lootboxes make sense.

My EQ 1.5 would be very modest. The level cap would be 50, and its core feature would be lots of races with deep customization, and classes. You would have to group, but grouping would be done instantly with matchmaking, teleporting everyone to a leveling spot, and scaled stats to match the content. So lots of quality of life improvements expected in a modern day MMO. I would have a buy to play model like Guild Wars, with a cosmetic cash shop that only sold pets, cosmetic armor, and mounts.

So is it instanced or what. Is the gameplay basically EQ hanging around for respawns on a camp spot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

part of what makes eq eq is the huge world you have to traverse so i would not do that with my 5 million.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

part of what makes eq eq is the huge world you have to traverse so i would not do that with my 5 million.

That world was almost entirely empty though and was just traveling to the interesting spots with the relevant camping locations.

Rift Online actually has what I’m talking about. You are put into a group and make a loop around a small zone doing quests that are collecting and killing with a boss at the end. It’s still a zone that anyone can solo in so it’s not an instance.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

please knock Mom! posted:

Sorry that you're upset at people correctly saying wow is 100% carried by the Warcraft bit

Huh

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Percelus posted:

I think he's talking about the stupid bit where you said "wow took the worst parts of eq and forgot the best parts"

because the best parts of EQ were not where you camped in one room of a dungeon for 6 hours grinding exp and hoping an item dropped

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Willias posted:

because the best parts of EQ were not where you camped in one room of a dungeon for 6 hours grinding exp and hoping an item dropped

I thought some people genuinely liked that

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Willias posted:

I think he's talking about the stupid bit where you said "wow took the worst parts of eq and forgot the best parts"

the best parts of eq were the world building, immersion and flavor skill stuff

the worst part was raiding

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah raiding's bad and i'm not sure why they don't max out content at single group poo poo. oh it's because they hired a poopsocker as the dungeon designer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

I thought some people genuinely liked that

Those people (like me) are brain damaged.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Dungeons in everquest were glorified chat rooms where you occasionally squash goblins. That's why they were awesome and awful at the same time.

To be honest, I'm kind of okay with the over world having a lot of empty space and traversal being a thing. If you shoehorn every place on the map to have a purpose it turns the world into a theme park. I kind of like big spaces that don't necessarily have a lot going on with it, add poo poo that fleshes out the world that doesn't necessarily have an NPC nearby to give you a quest involving it. I loved the odd poo poo off the beaten path like the chessboard in butcherblock and the like.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like what Archage, and Star Wars Galaxies did, where while you're traveling to your leveling locations you'll come across all of these player ran towns and homes. This was cool cause each server had a different landscape even if these plan ran towns were largely empty. A cool thing about Camelot Unchained is that it'll have Minecraft levels of customization and building structures.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

An uncool thing about Camelot Unchained is that it won't get made.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shy posted:

This is pretty much all of the current MMOs in development.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Shy posted:

I have no doubt this is true at this point, but what exactly happened to Camelot Unchained, I would love a blow by blow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Juchero posted:

I have no doubt this is true at this point, but what exactly happened to Camelot Unchained, I would love a blow by blow.

Technically it's still in development and moving along, but it's an ambitious MMO that is trying something completely new with the PvP sandbox genre. Game will have a monthly fee yet it's a PvP game that relies very heavily on huge player numbers and constant PvP in order to stay entertaining and sustain itself. The game is going to bomb hard out of the gate if it gets to 1.0.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

I said come in! posted:

Technically it's still in development and moving along, but it's an ambitious MMO that is trying something completely new with the PvP sandbox genre. Game will have a monthly fee yet it's a PvP game that relies very heavily on huge player numbers and constant PvP in order to stay entertaining and sustain itself. The game is going to bomb hard out of the gate if it gets to 1.0.

Fuckin shame, I wanna still hold out hope since I bought a package a million years ago.

Alas, I'll have to settle for Pantheon: Rise Of The Fallen, the new Hit Game by Gaming Wunderkind and Pill Enthusiast Brad McQuaid

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Besides the game actually being made I really have to wonder about the population of these games if/when they are released, specially something like Camelot Unchained which is mostly focused on PvP.

Like I get it, these types of games will always have dedicated players to it but...what are the investors/company actually expecting from it? The Camelot Unchained races/classes look cool, but being mostly focused on PvP is a turn-off from me, besides actually having to buy the game + monthly fees...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least Camelot can technically have a backup plan because the devs have pvp against bots working in the game even if the plan is to not actually use them. But they could if they wanted to it’s just that right now they are only for testing.

Pantheon is screwed if it doesn’t become a hit right out of the gate because the game relies entirely on players grouping. You can’t make any progress on your own in pantheon. The gameplay loop requires 4 other players and there will not be any level scaling, you’re forced to find people in your level range.