Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Ducks/Warren is my dream ticket at this point

I’d kill for this ticket. But she’s clearly got more important things like her child this go around but 2024 perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

People who think that everything was perfectly fine in America on Nov 5 2016.

In my experience it's pretty much whatever is left of the middle class (or that think they're middle class) who also believe in progressive social policy.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Buttigeig is my #1 pick followed by Biden then Warren then Sanders.

I’d be thrilled if any of them got the nomination. They’re separated by the thinnest margins in my mind.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bootybutt is doing pretty good tbh. hes on the same stage as biden and hes making some waves. he should well at the debate

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm genuinely surprised none of the many organizations trying to goad the US into over-reacting have bombed a Trump hotel somewhere. I can't see anything making the pissbaby president more angry than seeing pictures on the television of his gold plated ego-reinforcers damaged and his knowledge that the rest of the world is seeing it too.

Anyone who has been within a couple degrees of a cell phone call or attended a wedding of someone who's interested in doing anything like that has probably been droned over the last ~18 years. At best there might be an arrest of someone who expressed interest in doing that to his law enforcement contact.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pretty much in that boat. Personally, I'm game for Warren. I'd take Bernie over Biden, too. Trouble is, I don't want another dinosaur in office. Warren is pretty policy laden and isn't freeballing it like mayor pete or beto, isn't a cop like Kamala, but she doesn't have the charisma to charm idiots long enough to digest her policies.

She needs a hype machine. I suggest she adopt another golden retriever. Dogs speak volumes about their owners.

A lot of the opposition to Warren is definitely driven by misogyny.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’d be thrilled if any of them got the nomination. They’re separated by the thinnest margins in my mind.

This seems like a nonsense statement? Buttigeig is a mainstream liberal more or less, Warren and Sanders are the only Democratic candidates that have any policy suggestions to the left of the mainstream. There are a lot of candidates in between, ideologically speaking.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 16, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Shim....dumb?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viva Miriya posted:

Shim....dumb?

Hey dude, feel free to suck my dick from the back. There’s a ton of people who like those candidates, and liking them doesn’t make them dumb.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I didn't say I'd protest vote though?

No, you're talking about doing the opposite, which more people should have done in 2016 and will most likely be the far better course in November 2020, too.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hey dude, feel free to suck my dick from the back. There’s a ton of people who like those candidates, and liking them doesn’t make them dumb.

It really does.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Liking Biden or Bootygig absolutely makes someone dumb *and* wrong, hth

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
I like Warren because the Buttigieg profile from a few months ago said "hate should be pure and burn white hot" and Warren's does far more than the rest of them

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bootygig doesn't have any real policy developed. He's as firm as week old mashed potatoes and is playing his cards loose.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Nice to see we're still shouting down and name-calling people who dare post something different.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Godholio posted:

Nice to see we're still shouting down and name-calling people who dare post something different.

Nuance and anti-dogpile-mentality posting? Gtfo you literal Hitler.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Godholio posted:

Nobody is doing that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

FWIW, had drinks with a friend who does a lot of polling and poo poo for the Dems this evening.

Warren is apparently surging, like a lot. Sanders is doing well too, but it seems like it's a between Warren and Sanders in a lot of places they've polled, with Warren edging out Sanders when second choice factors come into play. Biden is quickly becoming the "safety choice", which is heartening to hear. He said they expect the debates to quickly narrow down the candidates.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

ffs grow a thicker skin

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Woof Blitzer posted:

Nobody is doing that.

Uh...

Viva Miriya posted:

Shim....dumb?

Calling him dumb.

Woof Blitzer posted:

It really does.

Calling him dumb.

Professor Bling posted:

Liking Biden or Bootygig absolutely makes someone dumb *and* wrong, hth

Calling him dumb *and* wrong, hth

Fister Roboto posted:

ffs grow a thicker skin

Yeah, me wanting people to stop being dicks to each other makes me a real pussy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Creepy McHandsy is a terrible pause button on any attempts at progress in a country racing the clock because one party is rapidly working itself up to full fascist, "Democrats want to invade the country with foreigners and take over, they are now illegal in the interests of national security." Now is not the time for reaching across the aisle with folksy charm and saying, "C'mon guys those are my friends, I know they don't really mean to have child concentration camps on the border. Lets just be reasonable and compromise with them. We'll only take away a few civil liberties from gays/transsexuals/minorities/women and then they'll totally snap out of this little thing they've got going on and work with us to really fix some problems! Ya know, really solid stuff like means-tested market-based health care access and responsible tax cuts."

Also the planet is going to burn itself to a crisp so that should maybe be taken care of with a quickness, not on the time table of fossil fuel industry lobbyists.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well, yeah. I don't like the guy. He's still better than what we got.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Godholio posted:

Uh...

Calling him dumb.

Calling him dumb.

Calling him dumb *and* wrong, hth

Yeah, me wanting people to stop being dicks to each other makes me a real pussy.

If it bothers you so much, then make a report. But before you do consider that if you can't tolerate people saying you are wrong or having a different opinion maybe you should not post here. To the casual observer your posts really come off as super pathetic and whiny.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Creepy McHandsy is a terrible pause button on any attempts at progress in a country racing the clock because one party is rapidly working itself up to full fascist, "Democrats want to invade the country with foreigners and take over, they are now illegal in the interests of national security." Now is not the time for reaching across the aisle with folksy charm and saying, "C'mon guys those are my friends, I know they don't really mean to have child concentration camps on the border. Lets just be reasonable and compromise with them. We'll only take away a few civil liberties from gays/transsexuals/minorities/women and then they'll totally snap out of this little thing they've got going on and work with us to really fix some problems! Ya know, really solid stuff like means-tested market-based health care access and responsible tax cuts."

Also the planet is going to burn itself to a crisp so that should maybe be taken care of with a quickness, not on the time table of fossil fuel industry lobbyists.

biden sucks rear end and is basically a republican but ol' Ginsberg was too loving stupid to retire when she had the chance and is 100% going to die before 2024 if Trump gets a second term because we live in hell world, and trump getting 3 loving supreme court picks would gently caress us for the next 40 years

And thats just a supreme court judge thats expected to die they're all old as poo poo, trump getting a second term and a total of 4 supreme court picks isn't a non zero chance

edit: that being said if I had to vote for biden it would have to be with some rite in the rain pen because i'm gonna reflex throw up on the ballot

PookBear fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 17, 2019

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If Beto keeps at the near zero level, he's done an incredible job going from nationally famous Dem every Dem loved and wanted the best for, to nobody, in absolutely record time. Remember when he looked inevitable? Standing on tables, getting the cover of Esquire. Now he's neck and neck with the "who?" set of random white guy moderates.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

If Beto keeps at the near zero level, he's done an incredible job going from nationally famous Dem every Dem loved and wanted the best for, to nobody, in absolutely record time. Remember when he looked inevitable? Standing on tables, getting the cover of Esquire. Now he's neck and neck with the "who?" set of random white guy moderates.

Beto was only good in comparison with ted cruz and trying to throw his hat in the ring against literally a who's who of the democratic party. A beto that won a senate seat in texas would be an easy win for president later on down the road because if you can swing texas its in the bag

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Woof Blitzer posted:

If it bothers you so much, then make a report. But before you do consider that if you can't tolerate people saying you are wrong or having a different opinion maybe you should not post here. To the casual observer your posts really come off as super pathetic and whiny.

I disagree with ghole on some things but not this, also nice backseat modding

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I disagree with ghole on some things but not this, also nice backseat modding

:same:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Frankly I don't see any way of being less blunt about it. Having a fondness for yet another candidate that supports the same status quo that has been destroying the country for years and years is dumb, bad, however you want to phrase it. I have been attempting to regain some karma lost from being hired muscle most of my adult life. Now I do a lot volunteering for unions and community groups and I can tell you firsthand the stories of ordinary people being devastated by exactly the same politicians you support who are so called liberals or progressives. Regular people just like you need to say enough is enough.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

anyone who's presidential pick is Biden and then Sanders is loving retarded and has no idea what their policy positions are. Of course shim also likes to literally deepthroat Flynn so he isn't the most rational actor here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Of course shim also likes to literally deepthroat Flynn so he isn't the most rational actor here

thats p. much the opposite of what shim has said about flynn and it weirds me out that people keep thinking that

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's because they don't care.

Woof Blitzer posted:

I can't help but notice that you're again going after the poster and not the content. What's weird is that you're using right wing facebook warrior tactics to try to shut people up rather than convince them of a better way.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Biden beats trump in the Rust Belt. And the Midwest.

Warren is fantastic and my #1 choice

Bernie should be VP at most. Hes great but he needs to be focused on domestic issues.

Buttigeig is ok and should be fun at the debates

also I have zero issues voting Biden if he's the nomination.

I don't think we need Biden to beat Trump here; Trump won WI/MI by the slimmest of margins and WI/MN are historically progressive places (and still are in urban areas), and Bernie did very well in this area against Clinton. I think if we had a true left candidate they would do very well up here.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Woof Blitzer posted:

Frankly I don't see any way of being less blunt about it. Having a fondness for yet another candidate that supports the same status quo that has been destroying the country for years and years is dumb, bad, however you want to phrase it.

If you're gonna be this "un-blunt" about it, then at least stick to it instead of denying it and saying the people pointing it are pathetic and whiny? I get that you feel strongly about it, but at least that way we wouldn't start yet another poo poo-spiral of shouting at each other in the CE thread.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you're gonna be this "un-blunt" about it, then at least stick to it instead of denying it and saying the people pointing it are pathetic and whiny? I get that you feel strongly about it, but at least that way we wouldn't start yet another poo poo-spiral of shouting at each other in the CE thread.

I can't help but calling em like I see em. I am sorry for all the nonsense and let this be the end of it!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
If someone agrees with 75-90% of what they say, the way to get them past that last 10-25% is not to insult and belittle their intelligence, because that makes you look like a giant rear end in a top hat. like christ people this is basic human interaction, come on.

Like, for instance: Shim, I liked Biden, but I've been growing a bit wary of him. If the country is to surmount the immense challenges it faces from within and without, it needs bold, strong leadership. And while Joe has many qualities that are personally admirable, and I'm sure that he's a great person to talk to and hang out with in person (Hell, I've shaken his hand), the fact remains that given his track record, I have serious doubts he has the fire, will, and sheer spite needed to truly tackle the issues that face us. I don't think he'd necessarily be a bad President, but I think he'd be a mediocre one, and I'm not sure the country can afford a mediocre President at this critical point in time.

With Mayor Pete, I just have doubts about the substance behind him and the drive needed to tackle the goals ahead of us. If he was running for Governor or Senate I'd vote for him in a heartbeat, but for President... I dunno.

Going from Pete and Biden, one of the reasons I like Warren is that I feel she has a fire behind her. She may have come to her current politics later in life, but since then she's done an immense amount of work to tackle the symptoms of capitalism run amock that have so badly damaged the American people and the people of the world. She has a deep understanding of a wide variety of issues, has wide ranging plans to address these issues, and seems truly concerned about the plight of the working person who's been ground down by the economic system in which we live. She's not perfect, but she has the combination of attitude, understanding, and fire that I feel could make her into a new FDR.

Bernie's also pretty good, I just like Warren more, and feel Warren would be better placed to accomplish her objectives (Mostly because the Democratic establishment still sees her as one of their own, while there's still a whole lot of people in the party who think he's the reason they lost 2016, and I feel that resentment would follow him to the White House and could hurt his legislative efforts). If Warren drops he's definitely my runner-up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Woof Blitzer posted:

I can't help but calling em like I see em. I am sorry for all the nonsense and let this be the end of it!

Fair enough.

On a not-quite-related note, and this is genuinely not meant as a dig at the thread, but where was the point when Diamond-Joe in his Camaro (?) stopped being a favorite in here? I'm asking, because the first time I recall the media reporting about his accusers this year, GiP was already solidly detached from him, but I can't remember that stretching back as far as 2016. I vividly remember people still being pretty fond of him when he was on Colbert, giving a pretty great interview, or when we reposted that clip of Obama awarding him the presidential medal of freedom, and that time (reposting the clip, not the medal) was fewer than two years ago, iirc? I also don't recall him really being on the radar media-wise - or, at all - on his status-quo politics until about 2 months or so before throwing his hat into the 2020 ring

/edit: To rephrase, I guess I should say "I don't recall his status quo politics making that much of a splash" since back in the day, the non-right opposition to status-quo wasn't as pronounced as it is with the popular support it has now

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 17, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Fair enough.

On a not-quite-related note, and this is genuinely not meant as a dig at the thread, but where was the point when Diamond-Joe in his Camaro (?) stopped being a favorite in here? I'm asking, because the first time I recall the media reporting about his accusers this year, GiP was already solidly detached from him, but I can't remember that stretching back as far as 2016. I vividly remember people still being pretty fond of him when he was on Colbert, giving a pretty great interview, or when we reposted that clip of Obama awarding him the presidential medal of freedom, and that time (reposting the clip, not the medal), was fewer than two years ago, iirc? I also don't recall him really being on the radar media-wise - or, at all - on his status-quo politics until about 2 months or so before throwing his hat into the 2020 ring

I think when it came out that he was getting touchy feely with literally everyone

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Fair enough.

On a not-quite-related note, and this is genuinely not meant as a dig at the thread, but where was the point when Diamond-Joe in his Camaro (?) stopped being a favorite in here? I'm asking, because the first time I recall the media reporting about his accusers this year, GiP was already solidly detached from him, but I can't remember that stretching back as far as 2016. I vividly remember people still being pretty fond of him when he was on Colbert, giving a pretty great interview, or when we reposted that clip of Obama awarding him the presidential medal of freedom, and that time (reposting the clip, not the medal), was fewer than two years ago, iirc? I also don't recall him really being on the radar media-wise - or, at all - on his status-quo politics until about 2 months or so before throwing his hat into the 2020 ring

I'd say it's because the SA forums as a whole tacked pretty hard left after the 2016 elections (Both due to moderates leaving and many others radicalizing), so while Biden was well liked during the Obama years, as time has passed Obama's presidency has fallen out of favor on these forums for not being left enough or aggressive enough, and Biden's appeals to moderation have fallen pretty flat here as a result. And ironically, the worse the Trump administration becomes, the worse the Obama administration and the Democratic establishment (Of which Biden is the most prominent figure after Hillary) looks—both for not being able to beat him in the first place, and for the Democratic party's inability to stop or condemn the worst crimes of Trump's administration in Congress and in the media (Either fairly or unfairly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Fair enough.

On a not-quite-related note, and this is genuinely not meant as a dig at the thread, but where was the point when Diamond-Joe in his Camaro (?) stopped being a favorite in here? I'm asking, because the first time I recall the media reporting about his accusers this year, GiP was already solidly detached from him, but I can't remember that stretching back as far as 2016. I vividly remember people still being pretty fond of him when he was on Colbert, giving a pretty great interview, or when we reposted that clip of Obama awarding him the presidential medal of freedom, and that time (reposting the clip, not the medal) was fewer than two years ago, iirc? I also don't recall him really being on the radar media-wise - or, at all - on his status-quo politics until about 2 months or so before throwing his hat into the 2020 ring

/edit: To rephrase, I guess I should say "I don't recall his status quo politics making that much of a splash" since back in the day, the non-right opposition to status-quo wasn't as pronounced as it is with the popular support it has now

I think when he decided not to run in 2016 the general feeling was that his best years were behind him, from memory this was before the touching stuff came out