Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
more like Deidre Megadoodoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

my platform as planetary governor:
- serve as a check on Spartan militarist expansionism
- collaborative research and survey
- authentic good-faith democracy
- peace, harmony, unity w/ Planet, etc., etc.

campaign slogan: We're All Gaian

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'm still furious about the AU federal election outcome yesterday so i'm gonna be voting angry!!!

voting for the Gaians that is.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

problem: bad boat

Glorgnole posted:

in other news, the spartans are shelling Beats by Deirdre

solution: badder boat

:rolldice:

:captainpop:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

gottem

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
rekt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Never tell me the odds

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hark, who hold the save, reveal it unto us etc

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i've got a colony pod coming out ready to birth base 4

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hark, who hold the save, reveal it unto us etc

it looks like Boiled Water just got it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

bummpppp

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I received the save and passed it on 29th of may.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

the save's making another lap, pile of garbage should have just received it

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

as far as what actually happened in the year 2181:

:toot:

meanwhile, it looks like poo poo might be going down in the northern hemisphere, though i might not be too far away to lend a hand...

trying to find a balance between opsec and post legibility

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Just noticed the monument name, you have a gift dude

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

please support the university in these trying times

with a 20 credit donation receive a free tote bag

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Just noticed the monument name, you have a gift dude

unfortunately you can only name landmarks within your own territory, else i'd be going completely wild with them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao that crater

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

here's where things are at in 2183. there are a couple of gaps on my little continent to fill in with new bases. i think i have enough spare production to start work on my second "secret" project. i accidentally spawned in some worms while trying to clear the fungus on the monolith, but hopefully once that's dealt with the spore tower will start to weaken. i think its strength is tied to the number of tiles of fungus surrounding it.

one of my spore launchers has been stuck at the south pole for like 10 turns repeatedly trying and failing to capture these mindworms

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Some mind worms are impossible to capture, also there is a huge disadvantage to spore launchers successfully capturing, it may even be mathematically impossible based on various promotions etc.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Glorgnole posted:

i think its strength is tied to the number of tiles of fungus surrounding it.

It is indeed

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Meanwhile my bases are stagnating. Maybe there is no god.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I've got the save and I'll do it tonight or tomorrow, I've been on vacation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
thank you to glorgnole for placing my sea colony, but they called it Arcadia. I wanted it called Hell's Ditch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBAgkmy2vrg

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

thank you to glorgnole for placing my sea colony, but they called it Arcadia. I wanted it called Hell's Ditch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBAgkmy2vrg

feel free to rename it 👍

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

oh we're still going. i've got the save at the moment and will be sending it on tonight. also acting as steward for the gaians at the moment whilst glorgnole is on vacation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZIISfOm3dI

we're still at it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
double posting for the spartans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096hnKDw5tc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I think we're going to be playing this game until the AI singularity takes us all

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I think we're going to be playing this game until the AI singularity takes us all

it's a feature!

i'm glad that the Pirates got their geothermal sea base -- deeply piratical and thematically appropriate

meanwhile, the Spartans are gradually expanding around Mt. Planet (and building a shitload of supply crawlers)

other notable news from the past couple turns is that the Free Drones completed The Human Genome Project, Planet's second Secret Project facility! there's a bit of a competition for the third Project -- i think i'm roughly neck-and-neck with the Spartans.

we're up to base number... six? yikes! and in three more turns we'll be on number seven! very important to maximize that growth curve slope!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

it's a feature!

i'm glad that the Pirates got their geothermal sea base -- deeply piratical and thematically appropriate

meanwhile, the Spartans are gradually expanding around Mt. Planet (and building a shitload of supply crawlers)

other notable news from the past couple turns is that the Free Drones completed The Human Genome Project, Planet's second Secret Project facility! there's a bit of a competition for the third Project -- i think i'm roughly neck-and-neck with the Spartans.

we're up to base number... six? yikes! and in three more turns we'll be on number seven! very important to maximize that growth curve slope!

I found another place to expand, the pirates rule

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I hope the Spartans switch that project for a better one

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

PittTheElder posted:

I hope the Spartans switch that project for a better one

All the good early ones are gone though right? Weather Paradigm and Human Genome project. Only good one potentially would be the Virtual World, assuming that you are timing the tech for that before Merchant Exchange would finish.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I know the Gains have Weather Paradigm, no clue on the others.

Planetary Transit System is one the Spartans visibly have the tech for; it's more expensive but far better. Virtual World is the same. Even Command Nexus would be better, especially for Sparta.

E: I should learn to read, Glorgnole said right there only two have been built, so WP for the Gaians, HGP for the University. Virtual World, Command Nexus and PTS are still in play then; Empath Guild too, though it seems less likely Sparta would have the tech for that.

E2: oh poo poo they're playing SMAX, so Planetary Energy Grid. Easily in the top 5 of projects.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 16, 2019

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

PittTheElder posted:

E2: oh poo poo they're playing SMAX, so Planetary Energy Grid. Easily in the top 5 of projects.

Oh yea, that's the one.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, the cuckoo bananas tier projects, in approximate tech order, are:

• Weather Paradigm
  • Human Genome
  • Virtual World
  • Planetary Energy Grid (SMAX)
  • Planetary Transit System
  • Empath Guild
  • Hunter Seeker Algorithm
  • Cloudbase Academy (SMAX)

Then the two morale projects, Command Nexus and Cyborg Factory, which are both great, but not as good as the above I feel. Cloning Vats is also pretty nuts, but comes quite late.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

man i haven't done jack towards secret projects so far. too busy trying to expand and keep poo poo those drat drones happy!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

not really sure about the inspiration for the latest save file name, not sure i want to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pile Of Garbage posted:

not really sure about the inspiration for the latest save file name, not sure i want to know!

i'm going to guess beavis and butt-head