Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
You people hating on Miracle Whip have obviously never heard of Durkee Sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Whack a load of this on yer burg:

A less sweet, sour version of Miracle whip according to Gogglez.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jamsta posted:

Whack a load of this on yer burg:

A less sweet, sour version of Miracle whip according to Gogglez.
But the sourness is the good part!
I also really really love pickled everything, including onions, ginger, garlic, red peppers, cucumber, eggs, and many many other things.

I don't, on the other hand, have the ability to tolerate very spicy food. :(

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

You people hating on Miracle Whip have obviously never heard of Durkee Sauce

I really enjoy Durkee and wanna know who else has experienced it!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

bartlebee posted:

I really enjoy Durkee and wanna know who else has experienced it!

I've had Durkee. It's pretty good on a sandwich. Very unique.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I have a confession to make. Please don't judge me. I had a black bean fake-burger.

TBH, wasn't half-bad if you expect a crap burger. Faint praise and I haven't tasted the latest Incredible burger fad thing yet. I will atone for my sins and make this up I promise. It's not like I slathered it up with Miracle Whip. And BTW, Miracle Whip doesn't belong in the trash...it deserves to be launched into the sun and die a fiery death.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have a confession to make. Please don't judge me. I had a black bean fake-burger.

TBH, wasn't half-bad if you expect a crap burger. Faint praise and I haven't tasted the latest Incredible burger fad thing yet. I will atone for my sins and make this up I promise. It's not like I slathered it up with Miracle Whip. And BTW, Miracle Whip doesn't belong in the trash...it deserves to be launched into the sun and die a fiery death.
Yo gently caress black bean burgers that are disguised to try and taste like a real burger, but a good black bean burger that owns its flavors is fuckin' phenomenal. I used to get black bean burgers from a place in DC that had olives and parsley and a bunch of herbs and spices and fats and that poo poo was bomb as hell. Sadly, looking at their menu now, they've switched to be yet another fuckin' place serving Impossible Burgers instead of making something intentionally different and real good on its own merits.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Colostomy Bag posted:

A black bean burger that is what it is on it's own topped with like, some good fiery hot sauce and sour cream is real delicious tbh. It's different and it's own thing but that's fine and good.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gwaihir posted:

A black bean burger that is what it is on it's own topped with like, some good fiery hot sauce and sour cream is real delicious tbh. It's different and it's own thing but that's fine and good.

I drown those fuckers in Valentina.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Brawnfire posted:

I drown those fuckers in Valentina.

Look at this goon with excellent taste right here~~

(Valentina is by far my fave "general" hot sauce for random use on anything.)

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I'm in LA on Thursday, where do I break my US burginity? Staying in Downtown

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Gwaihir posted:

Cuban black bean burgs own hard. Use a little orange in them along with the allium and optionally saute some bell peppers to go on top.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

I'm in LA on Thursday, where do I break my US burginity? Staying in Downtown

In N Out
Tommy’s
Fudruckers
The Office (Fathers office?)
The Counter
Water Grill

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

In N Out
Tommy’s
Fudruckers
The Office (Fathers office?)
The Counter
Water Grill

I thought all Fudruckers closed like ten years ago, is this serious or a joke?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Nephzinho posted:

https://www.fuddruckers.com/locations

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Had the urge for a thick burg.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

A Sometimes Food posted:

Peanut butter and jam can be good on burgers and around here a lot of places do it, usually calling it an Elvis or something similar. The main issue is a lot of places overdo it and it becomes a sloppy mess. The one at Greenhorns (the place I posted) was excellent because they were conservative on amounts but used a very powerful jam and a crunchy peanut butter.

The secret is to peanut butter the bottom bun, then drop the burg straight off the grill onto it so it melts.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Nephzinho posted:

Fudruckers still open by me, and they are actually legit now. Can get a 2/3lb thick patty cooked MR. Wedge fries are meh, but the burgs themselves are actually solid.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Velvet at Secret Sandwich Society with pimento loaded fries

It was cooked perfectly

Also if in LA try Fatburger if they have it as long as you’re open to chains like In and Out

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fatburger is another excellent recommendation.

So many good SoCal burgs. #thisiswhyimfat #notreally #onlypartoftheproblem

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Made a slopburger

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I do like a picture that shows the burger part of the burger, you can only tell so much by looking at a bun and some dripping cheese.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Torquemada posted:

I do like a picture that shows the burger part of the burger, you can only tell so much by looking at a bun and some dripping cheese.

Cheers! Well, this may be a bit too much, I also photoed it cut in two... hence the slop...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Jamsta posted:

Made a slopburger

Yo!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Is P. Terry's burger any good? Just went past one in Austin that had a massive line at the drive thru that almost went onto the road.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

It's pretty good but there's better around. For fast food style try mighty fine or, if you're near campus, dirty martin's.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jamsta posted:

Made a slopburger

Jamsta posted:

Cheers! Well, this may be a bit too much, I also photoed it cut in two... hence the slop...

:aaaaa:

This is something I want in my life. And also in my mouth.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jamsta posted:

What type of bun is that?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jamsta posted:

I would like to drape myself across this

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

What type of bun is that?

Homemade pizza bun made with Canadian extra strong (high gluten) flour.

Had the shape of a roll, texture of ciabatta with a pizza base crust. It held the slop up well and had a big chew.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Interesting. Was going to guess it was ciabatta.

Thought you Canadians didn't eat burgers without gravy.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Interesting. Was going to guess it was ciabatta.

Thought you Canadians didn't eat burgers without gravy.

Ah it's imported from Canada, I'm a limey Brit.

But poutine with a burg.. that's an idea for the weekend methinks - thanks

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Smashed a burg on Friday

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Casu Marzu posted:

Smashed a burg on Friday

Every forum has that one poster that does the thing you want to see in that particular forum. You’re it until you die or someone better comes along.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

Smashed a burg on Friday

:eyepop: wowzers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

Smashed a burg on Friday

Tell me about the pile of maillard

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Casu Marzu posted:

Smashed a burg on Friday

:perfect:

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bacoon Ride 2019 - Charity Bicycle ride that's bacon themed. The first pic is an actual Burg ... the other stretches the definition a little bit.

Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Rings

Pork Tenderloin

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I forgot to take a post-squish pic but you get the idea.

Last week's Beef and Cheese Odyssey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I just had a burg at the Paris Air Show because that place had the shortest line. It had some sort of a cheese sauce on it, lettuce and tomato. The inside was served warmed through but otherwise blue rare. I don't know if that's the style here or they just foisted a quarter done burg on the fat american guy. Tasted fine though.

I probably won't die. Well, unless I become patient zero for a new outbreak of creutzfeldt-jakob. Then it was nice knowing y'all.