Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Blind Kaizo Relay is my #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

Blind Kaizo Relay is my #1
Somehow I missed that, but that's definitely also up there.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Final Doom

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

heeheex2 posted:

Kennyman probably has the OP almost ready anyway. Thank you Kennyman
I'll be working on it this week but this is a true statement anyway given that large portions are just copied over from previous marathon threads :v:

And yeah, no chat thread this time around, for many reasons. If a chat thread is to ever be considered again, it would have to first get approval from mods, and definitely be heavily moderated. Take the classic marathon shitposting to IRC and Discord, there's a number of options for both.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is an accurate BOTW speedrun, right (warning, loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M&hd=1

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Classic marathon shitposting was reaction to runs without the shittiness of Twitch chat.

New Classic marathon shitposting was additionally posting fanart related to the series and reacting off that because the run was boring/uninteresting. Was a wonderful addition the first iteration (kept the energy high) but blew up in subsequent threads because it overtook the marathon itself (and :comfyoot: got too :kazooieass:).

This isn't a "BRING IT BACK" cry but more a "I liked the community feel." I'll see what Discord is like but I'll probably be one of those still doing Classic marathon shitposting.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 18, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bloodstained: ritual of the night just came out and if curse of the moon was a great speedgame then this one is going to be another to watch out for. castlevania is BACK.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, SGDQ snuck up on me this year, it starts this weekend already?

I'll once again surely be watching most of it during downtime at work. I might also be distracted by the new FFXIV expansion which goes into early access next weekend.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sage Grimm posted:

Classic marathon shitposting was reaction to runs without the shittiness of Twitch chat.

New Classic marathon shitposting was additionally posting fanart related to the series and reacting off that because the run was boring/uninteresting. Was a wonderful addition the first iteration (kept the energy high) but blew up in subsequent threads because it overtook the marathon itself (and :comfyoot: got too :kazooieass:).

This isn't a "BRING IT BACK" cry but more a "I liked the community feel." I'll see what Discord is like but I'll probably be one of those still doing Classic marathon shitposting.

I don't think posting on-topic in the main thread is gonna be verboten, so I still kinda plan on chilling there and making my dumb observations whenever I feel like it - which was kinda the point of chat thread initially anyway. A new chat thread would just attract a lot of drive-bys and would require heavy moderation (not because it would actually, but because it would be expected), so I'm fine with it dying.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dias posted:

I don't think posting on-topic in the main thread is gonna be verboten, so I still kinda plan on chilling there and making my dumb observations whenever I feel like it - which was kinda the point of chat thread initially anyway. A new chat thread would just attract a lot of drive-bys and would require heavy moderation (not because it would actually, but because it would be expected), so I'm fine with it dying.

Yeah, I'm just fine with having a separate SGDQ thread for general discussion and then taking the rapid-fire shitposting and silly memes to IRC/Discord.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This looks pretty cool! Anybody think they may try to attend? http://speedgaming.org/sglive/

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

timp posted:

This looks pretty cool! Anybody think they may try to attend? http://speedgaming.org/sglive/

Definitely going to try to volunteer for that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1141027795985809408

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Oh my god, that's horrible news :smith:

What a terrible loss. I hope they do a tribute or something when the run was going to happen. A moment of silence maybe?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

This is an accurate BOTW speedrun, right (warning, loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M&hd=1

Yeah, its pretty accurate. The route clips out of the shrine of resurrection right after getting the slate, climbs above it, and proceeds to catapult across the plateau and clip into the shrines.

What's funny is the any% amiibos allowed route is identical except for using a wind waker amiibo to get a fish for the attack food.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeesh :smith:

hope they do some sort of tribute to him in his time slot or something

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
whoever does the soundtrack, please play mona's pizza nonstop for the whole block in their honor thanks

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

If you're bored waiting for GDQ to start, here's full 3 hours of PJ commentary for his robotrek WR from a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9c68vfjGc

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 21, 2019

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Who specifically announced their passing though? because not even Marowak's twitter has anything about their death.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Who specifically announced their passing though? because not even Marowak's twitter has anything about their death.

I imagine nobody has his account information. This is the first mention i see

https://mobile.twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/1140662412560883715

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Rubellavator posted:

I imagine nobody has his account information. This is the first mention i see

https://mobile.twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/1140662412560883715

Really sad to see that this has to be announced by a person who makes musical shitposts. I have no reason to doubt those claims though so this really REALLY sucks that this happened to suddenly.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Horaro has the SGDQ 2019 schedule available in .ical format, updated automatically at (unknown but frequent) intervals:
https://horaro.org/sgdq/2019/ical-feed

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Dizz posted:

Really sad to see that this has to be announced by a person who makes musical shitposts. I have no reason to doubt those claims though so this really REALLY sucks that this happened to suddenly.

Marrow was a person who made musical shitposts. This is a great loss for the musical shitpost community.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
heading off to SGDQ now see you there speedjerks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sexjoke.txt

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
During setup we got to "open all the cases and figure out what's where" and Uyama and I opened the one with 2 genesis on top, a sign.

Also it took like 30 seconds to hear Mike and Dana talking about kusogames

E. Also got scolded yesterday already, day-1 is a new pb for me I think

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 22, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There should really be a kusogrande finals match at a gdq or something.

Really show off the wide array of kusoge that exist.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Also got scolded yesterday already, day-1 is a new pb for me I think
Congrats, but you gotta up your game if you’re going to snag the WR. The “getting scolded” category has a long history and rough competition.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Pharohman777 posted:

There should really be a kusogrande finals match at a gdq or something.

Really show off the wide array of kusoge that exist.

Awful gdq is basically just "as seen on kuso" now and they've done mystery tournament finals before so it's not the most impossible idea.

What I really want is Pringles tournament top8 on stream. It'd be pretty short if we showed 2 races at the same time like they do on /speedgaming

MagusofStars posted:

Congrats, but you gotta up your game if you’re going to snag the WR. The “getting scolded” category has a long history and rough competition.

I was there nearly 4 hours on Wednesday and interacting basically only with staff and no one scolded me once it was pretty hecked up

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

SGDQ thread coming as soon as I get ahold of a banner.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
in the meanwhile, enjoyt the AGDQ 2019 Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKV6034730

And this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hqce-Pg1II

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Thread!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that zallard wii punch out run is definitely gonna live on as a top watch

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

site posted:

that zallard wii punch out run is definitely gonna live on as a top watch

Seconded, even if you've seen his other blindfolded runs. Shame they're following it up with a 4-hour pokemon run.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Double post, but watching SGDQ inspired me to do some more runs in Startropics and I got so ridiculously unlucky at the end with 11 zoda hands (the rough equivalent of A Link to the Past blue balls).

Still, this run puts me in 7th overall. I would have been 4th or 5th had I got a reasonable amount of Zoda hands. Sum of best puts me in 4th now! I was shooting for top 10 so I'm happy enough with that, but man is this ever bittersweet.

Video here when it finishes processing if anybody's interested with guest commentary by SGDQ in the background because I don't know how to mute it on OBS!

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009

Hobojim posted:

I don't know how to mute it on OBS!

Look into VoiceMeeter, you create a virtual soundcard and record that in OBS instead of your real one. Use EarTrumpet to route the audio.

Good job with the PB.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Keptbroom posted:

Look into VoiceMeeter, you create a virtual soundcard and record that in OBS instead of your real one. Use EarTrumpet to route the audio.

Good job with the PB.

Oh thanks, that's useful! I've always just kept everything off in the background while recording practice runs but being able to not pick it up in the recording instead would be nice.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Virtual Audio Cable isn't used anymore? It was the tool once upon a time.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
Same company, just an upgraded version with more features. Virtual Audio Cable still does the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Also, VoiceMeeter is pay-what-you-want shareware, so it’s a better deal.