Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Kun yksi Jyrki Kasvi tippuu pois niin kaksi tulee tilalle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
vitun kasuaalit

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Cerebral Bore posted:

Olis edes sanonnut Alpha Centauri, mutta sortui nostalgiahipsterismiin.

Nyt oli niin hyvin sanottu että en voi kuin taputtaa.

quote:

I shall not confront Planet as an enemy, but shall accept its mysteries as gifts to be cherished. Nor shall I crudely seek to peel the layers away like the skin from an onion. Instead I shall gather them together as the tree gathers the breeze. The wind shall blow and I shall bend. The sky shall open and I shall drink my fill.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Cerebral Bore posted:

Olis edes sanonnut Alpha Centauri, mutta sortui nostalgiahipsterismiin.

:agreed:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10835532

quote:

– Kokoomus on tällä hetkellä aika sosiaalidemokraattinen puolue, joka ehkä pärjää vaaleissa, mutta saa vähän tavoitteitaan läpi, jotka muutenkin ovat vaatimattomia, piirihallituksen jäsen kirjoittaa vastauksessaan.

The brain worms are real:
- it's not that privatizing elderly care is bad, we just didn't communicate our position on it clearly enough!
- we are totally a social democratic party right now, and should stop doing that and hate the poor even more, that's what the voters want, those sick little pigs

bloom posted:

Onko tää joku samantyylinen juttu kuin se jenkkien AOC?

Yeah, in both cases the reply guys and male pundits seem to have the same kind of frustrated sexual energy

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
On kyllä ihan helvetin noloa että poliitikot puhuu jostain pelaamisesta että näyttäs siltä että ne ois ihmisiä. Ketä vittu kiinnostaa ei sinne eduskuntaan mennä pelaamaan nintendoja.

Planescape: Torment on paras peli

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/PaiviRasanen/status/1140693636176384011
Rarely if ever do you find politicians nowadays referring directly to the biblical texts, especially when denouncing the "homosexual lifestyle." Kinda refreshing, but also a blatant PR move to woo the "too Christian to vote for atheist Halla-aho" crowd.

It's been a theme lately, the rise of the angry christian right. The church is trying it's hardest to appeal to John Does by pushing it's "religion of love" angle of Christianity. This has alienated the religious folk who are more of the conservative "koti, uskonto ja isänmää" types, some of who have attacked priests for taking sides of Muslim immigrants in the Christian tradition of protecting the weak and the vulnerable. They're apparently more of the old testament types. This potential trend has spurred Christian Democrats to profile themselves as the Jesus jytky party, aiming to ride the populist wave on the feeling Christians are the most oppressed religion in the world. Everybody likes to paint themselves as martyrs, but without the dying bit.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Keep it real Päivi

Also gently caress you Päivi

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
hihhulit gonna hihhuli

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

keep going, I'm almost there..!
:yeshaha:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
The church should perform such a reform that it officially abandons the bible (because honestly, Päivi is right here) and becomes purely a branch in the social services system. Tear down the crosses and Jesuses and sell the expensive to maintain churches to the highest bidder. Focus on the core tasks and leave the insanity to insane people.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SnowblindFatal posted:

because honestly, Päivi is right here

Ah yes, fundamentalism, the only way to read Bible/Koran/Aku Ankka.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Päivi isnt right though. Homopohobia isnt an inherent part of christianity or its message. Thats just stupid populist bullshit every party seems to take part of in Twitter nowadays

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Ah yes, fundamentalism, the only way to read Bible/Koran/Aku Ankka.

Quite so, which reveals the inherent insanity within them. Cherry picking the happy parts is fun but it's like reading Mein Kampf and saying that it's not actually hostile towards jews.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Katso mitä Jeesus teki, ja opetti. Jeesus oli vapaustaistelija, ja meni naimisiin seksityöläisen kanssa. Jeesus oli vihreä kommunisti.

Heitä vanha testamentti roskiin, Päivi. Tai kääri sen sivuista vaikka sätkiä tai tee paperimassaveistoksia.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SnowblindFatal posted:

Quite so, which reveals the inherent insanity within them. Cherry picking the happy parts is fun but it's like reading Mein Kampf and saying that it's not actually hostile towards jews.

I don't think this is a fair or accurate comparison, as Kiesus never reportedly said "TAPA HOMO!" and for a Christian to follow the words of Jesus according to Bible but take everything else in the book collection with a pinch of salt or coldly ignore them is not cherry picking, it's Christ picking. Admittedly it'd be extremely difficult to follow even that doctrine to the fullest, but I think there are cheat codes in the book for that.

Also the fact that all of this drives the fundies mad is great. Now, I wouldn't mind if everyone just eroa kirko's and we bulldozed the cathedrals, but I think they have the right to practise whatever they like. I'm used to their brand's rituals so it would be a lot more awkward if I had to attend some homeopathic or neopagan marriage seremony or whatever.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I love to base my arguments on some weird political scrapbook from a thousand years ago

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Aw gently caress did they finally ban Das Kapital? :smith:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nenonen posted:

I don't think this is a fair or accurate comparison, as Kiesus never reportedly said "TAPA HOMO!" and for a Christian to follow the words of Jesus according to Bible but take everything else in the book collection with a pinch of salt or coldly ignore them is not cherry picking, it's Christ picking. Admittedly it'd be extremely difficult to follow even that doctrine to the fullest, but I think there are cheat codes in the book for that.

Also the fact that all of this drives the fundies mad is great. Now, I wouldn't mind if everyone just eroa kirko's and we bulldozed the cathedrals, but I think they have the right to practise whatever they like. I'm used to their brand's rituals so it would be a lot more awkward if I had to attend some homeopathic or neopagan marriage seremony or whatever.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. The church provides a solid framework for some major aspects and events in human life. Your average goofball needs a solid hand to guide his path through life, and the church provides that nicely. Also I think I wouldn't have such a stick up my rear end with them using, for instance, the new testament as their ideological base, if there weren't some dipshits talking about it as if this specific piece of writing from thousands of years ago could be considered accurate by itself. Call the bible's doctrines philosophical/political breakthroughs of their time like they were and it becomes much more powerful, as calling them true stories repels anyone with a hint of scepticism.

Jesus was a sick bro

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 18, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nurge posted:

On kyllä ihan helvetin noloa että poliitikot puhuu jostain pelaamisesta että näyttäs siltä että ne ois ihmisiä. Ketä vittu kiinnostaa ei sinne eduskuntaan mennä pelaamaan nintendoja.

Planescape: Torment on paras peli

Jos kutsuu peliä nimeltä "Torment" "Planescape: Tormentiksi" niin pitää myös sanoa "Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate". :smugmrgw:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jos kutsuu peliä nimeltä "Torment" "Planescape: Tormentiksi" niin pitää myös sanoa "Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate". :smugmrgw:

Baldur's Gate sijaitsee Forgotten Realmsissa, 'torment' on yleinen käsite :banjo:

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 18, 2019

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the gently caress calls Tides of Numenera "Planescape: Torment"?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Kuka ihmeen nyyppäjonne pelaa jotain nurmijärven aaltoja alkuperäisen planescapen sijaan?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

Kuka ihmeen nyyppäjonne pelaa jotain nurmijärven aaltoja alkuperäisen planescapen sijaan?

:hai:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

vitun homot, maratoonaan kaks ekaa diabloo läpi tässä samalla kun te väittelette jonkun haltian kanssa siitä saako oravia kiusata

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Baldur's Gate sijaitsee Forgotten Realmsissa, 'torment' on yleinen käsite :banjo:

Sulta tais nyt mennä ohi suurin piirtein kaikki.

Esim. se että kuten Baldur's Gate sijoittuu Forgotten Realms -kampanjaan, Torment sijoittuu Planescape-kampanjaan. Ja se että mitä helvetin vittua "joku on yleinen käsite" edes VOI tarkoittaa tässä yhteydessä.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 18, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kuka hemmetti tarvitsee jotain D&D-pohjaista datskipeliä kun on jo nää forumit missä voi larpata pilkunnussijaa ihan mielin määrin?

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/PaiviRasanen/status/1140693636176384011
Rarely if ever do you find politicians nowadays referring directly to the biblical texts, especially when denouncing the "homosexual lifestyle." Kinda refreshing, but also a blatant PR move to woo the "too Christian to vote for atheist Halla-aho" crowd.

It's been a theme lately, the rise of the angry christian right. The church is trying it's hardest to appeal to John Does by pushing it's "religion of love" angle of Christianity. This has alienated the religious folk who are more of the conservative "koti, uskonto ja isänmää" types, some of who have attacked priests for taking sides of Muslim immigrants in the Christian tradition of protecting the weak and the vulnerable. They're apparently more of the old testament types. This potential trend has spurred Christian Democrats to profile themselves as the Jesus jytky party, aiming to ride the populist wave on the feeling Christians are the most oppressed religion in the world. Everybody likes to paint themselves as martyrs, but without the dying bit.

Meil on kyl aika nössö kirkko kun ne ei edes voi ekskommunisoida tän kaltaisia tyyppejä.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jerry Cotton posted:

Esim. se että kuten Baldur's Gate sijoittuu Forgotten Realms -kampanjaan, Torment sijoittuu Planescape-kampanjaan. Ja se että mitä helvetin vittua "joku on yleinen käsite" edes VOI tarkoittaa tässä yhteydessä.

"Baldur's Gate" on itsessään nimi jonka voi suojata - "Torment" ei.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

"Baldur's Gate" on itsessään nimi jonka voi suojata - "Torment" ei.

Paskapuhetta, muuten.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Cerebral Bore posted:

Meil on kyl aika nössö kirkko kun ne ei edes voi ekskommunisoida tän kaltaisia tyyppejä.

She's pretty good at driving people out of the church. :v:

That said, she's also talked about leaving the evangelic lutheran church and joining some other church that aren't pro-sodomite. But even if she did that, I suspect anytime she opens her mouth, people will react to her by leaving the church regardless. So the church loses in the end, no matter what they do.

This discussion reminds me of an article on YLE about Helsinki University's department of biblical exegesis or critical analysis of the bible. Turns out there are two wholly different versions of the ten commandments, one of the cornerstones of the Christian faith.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nii-in, Baldur's Gate on kaupunki Forgotten Realmsissa, ts. yksi tietty (fiktiivinen) paikka tietyssä contextissa, ja 'torment' on vapaasti suomennettuna piina joka ei sinällään sijoitu mihinkään tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - asetelmaan vaan on yleinen termi. Toisin sanoen on aika implisiittisesti selvää tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - nörteille mitä Baldur's Gatella tarkoitetaan, mutta peli nimeltä 'piina' saattaa hyötyä tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - nörttien silmissä jos siihen laittaa lisämääreeksi Planescapen kertomaan että katsopas joo, tämä koskettelee tätä kampanjaa. :catdrugs:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Rappaport posted:

Nii-in, Baldur's Gate on kaupunki Forgotten Realmsissa, ts. yksi tietty (fiktiivinen) paikka tietyssä contextissa, ja 'torment' on vapaasti suomennettuna piina joka ei sinällään sijoitu mihinkään tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - asetelmaan vaan on yleinen termi. Toisin sanoen on aika implisiittisesti selvää tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - nörteille mitä Baldur's Gatella tarkoitetaan, mutta peli nimeltä 'piina' saattaa hyötyä tyrmät ja lohikäärmeet - nörttien silmissä jos siihen laittaa lisämääreeksi Planescapen kertomaan että katsopas joo, tämä koskettelee tätä kampanjaa. :catdrugs:

I find it pretty funny that you're calling people nerds and arguing about RPG naming conventions in the same breath.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hey, it takes one to know one.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I'm not a fan of any kind of illegal threats, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how even the most obvious shitposting in twitter about a minister is taken seriously, like someone who tweeted that using Katri Kulmuni as fuel seems reasonable (Kulmuni used the same words about peat). Like if I said that Päivi Räsänen should be exiled to the Moon without a space suit then it would be rude, but I don't think anyone should think that I'm preparing a Saturn rocket for launch in my backyard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don't use Twitter ever SMHD

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Finland's official Fascist Youth Organization lost its funding :cry:

e: rekt

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 19, 2019

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

This might not be the link you intended to post there, bucko.

E: Also who the gently caress reads the news site of a loving bank? :thermidor:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10837756

Poliisit on rehellisiä t. Poliisien kamut

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Catpain Slack posted:

This might not be the link you intended to post there, bucko.

E: Also who the gently caress reads the news site of a loving bank? :thermidor:

quote:

Opetus- ja kulttuuriministeriö on päättänyt lopettaa Perussuomalaiset Nuoret ry:n vuoden 2019 avustuksen maksamisen ja perii takaisin avustuksesta jo maksetun osuuden. Avustuksen peruuttamisen syynä on se, että ministeriö katsoo järjestön toiminnassaan rikkovan nuorisolain tavoitteita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
YLE has developed an interesting newsletter service that will report about your selected representative in parliament. See what they voted for and how often they're there. It doesn't show the amount of taxi kilometers as of yet, but I'm sure they're getting around to that at some point.