Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

its honestly way more likely to be human error than it is the game just giving you the wrong thing. bugs exist, but so do mistakes

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RBA Starblade posted:

I gave someone an infected blood painkiller and it didn't update my journal? It was Notkin, does he just not count or something?

e: Also I swear I used the only slate in existence on day two so if the mega scalpel breaks before I get an infected heart or liver I'm hosed

you arent doing enough dumpster diving. you can also find shittons of them in infected houses. what day are you on?

also, get a lancet. those fail 0% of the time for liver and kidney and like 10% for the other organs

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
If you don't let your scalpels drop to the third durability rung they are easier to keep repaired. Grindstones and chisels are common enough finds but getting a reliable supply of razors is tough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Verviticus posted:

you arent doing enough dumpster diving. you can also find shittons of them in infected houses. what day are you on?

also, get a lancet. those fail 0% of the time for liver and kidney and like 10% for the other organs

Six, I'll keep an eye out for lancets, haven't seen one yet.

Just not super sure about the blood thing, the kidney worked fine. I'll just have to make a few more

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Six, I'll keep an eye out for lancets, haven't seen one yet.

Just not super sure about the blood thing, the kidney worked fine. I'll just have to make a few more

Someone upthread said you only need to make three of the five for the next event, at least.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXX5vxq0tT0

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well that's new

Arrhythmia posted:

Someone upthread said you only need to make three of the five for the next event, at least.

Yeah I'm brewing another infected blood one to see then I'll use my supershank to break a few hippocratic oaths to get a liver and a heart if it'll give me some infected ones already god they're too HEALTHY god drat it

I'm definitely still not a serial killer

e: Luckily, since I chose to ignore Sticky and tell him that the Bachelor will solve my problems for me (he won't) I doomed a third of the town to infection on accident. Unluckily, my pants broke, I don't have gloves, my boots are crapping out, and I turned my coat into pockets :haw:

Also I'm pretty sure Notkin is going to be taking one for the team since I forgot about him

You know, I'm about 20 hours in and like halfway through day 6 (I'm bad ok). Even without the two other characters there's a LOT in Pathologic 2. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 17, 2019

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Vaporwave yaoi pathologic AMV isn't what I expect to see on any given day, but I'm glad of it

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

RBA Starblade posted:

You know, I'm about 20 hours in and like halfway through day 6 (I'm bad ok). Even without the two other characters there's a LOT in Pathologic 2. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
There's like 3 times the amount of content in each day I've seen so far. So loving cool. And they really fleshed out character-specific mechanics too, can't wait to see what the other protagonists have, if we get them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been sharing my adventures in getting a medical degree with friends BTW and boy do you sound like an insane person if you discuss this game without context.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

woodenchicken posted:

There's like 3 times the amount of content in each day I've seen so far. So loving cool. And they really fleshed out character-specific mechanics too, can't wait to see what the other protagonists have, if we get them.
At least from a wordcount perspective, Artemy's path alone in Pathologic 2 is 65% of Pathologic 1's wordcount (all three paths combined).

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been sharing my adventures in getting a medical degree with friends BTW and boy do you sound like an insane person if you discuss this game without context.

That's a feature, not a bug.even in context it sounds pretty crazy

"I almost starved to death cos i spent all my money to fix my gun, and then I let three people die cos I didn't have enough raisins to trade for medicine"
"and this is....fun?"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Twyrine is a hell of a drug

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Scalding hot take: Unless the game has been very successful, I kinda hope they swallow their pride and charge for the other routes. You'd have to be pretty full of it to claim that the Artemy path alone isn't well worth the current price of admission. I love you IPL and I worry about you :ohdear:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

Scalding hot take: Unless the game has been very successful, I kinda hope they swallow their pride and charge for the other routes. You'd have to be pretty full of it to claim that the Artemy path alone isn't well worth the current price of admission. I love you IPL and I worry about you :ohdear:

100% take my fuggin' money

Like, maybe not full price for the other ones but call 'em expansions

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said it before but I really would like to know how it's done so far and how the studio's doing because they apparently almost shuttered a while back.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Holy gently caress the termitary :stare:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao in the hi-def render of coins, one of them is stamped "1987"

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao in the hi-def render of coins, one of them is stamped "1987"
Well, Dybovsky DID say (probably jokingly, but who knows) that Pathologic takes place in 1980s Moscow :tinfoil:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

Vaporwave yaoi pathologic AMV isn't what I expect to see on any given day, but I'm glad of it

https://twitter.com/JackStauber insanely rules

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

RBA Starblade posted:

After I killed run 1 in day 6, I’m 15 hours in in my second go, on day 3. Mapping every dumpster was time consuming but helpful, and going from Bad Grief’s to Lara’s without triggering the reputation drop was fun.

Mark would be proud of me.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

RBA Starblade posted:

I said it before but I really would like to know how it's done so far and how the studio's doing because they apparently almost shuttered a while back.

I know they had to do Cargo!(which I loved) to stay afloat but I thought Knock-knock did really well for them sales-wise.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Knock-Knock is ironically the best-selling IPL game on account of being on mobile

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

gently caress me day 6.

I was feeling so good. The musical cues when I went to the old village and got the living blood, then made it into a serum and told the plague to go shove it, then successfully cured Notkin, all of it had me feeling so relieved. Yulia's assistant came to me with urgent news, but I was so focused on getting the serum made that I put it off until the end of the day.

Then I get there and I get to learn about the loving inquisitors coming to town TOMORROW, kicking me right in the dick from my relief high with the serum. Then I meet Murky because she wanted me to see her friend, and Double Clara offers to let me meet Murky's friend in exchange for keeping the kid safe, and gently caress.

I haven't had a chance to go back to the game yet, but my next step is to make a second serum and see if I can cure myself if things get dicey, and I guess from there figure out if I want to take this hit or roll the dice on whether Murky makes it. I don't even know if the place in the village is a daily gathering spot yet.

This game's writing and music are so goddamn good. I'm listening to Pathologic 1's soundtrack today and, while the songs there are great on their own, 2's score works so, so well with the overall tone and each moment it's used for. I'm starting to make more detours through the Steppe now that things are falling apart, both for a regular stash of twyre and just because it's so calming out there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Notkins taking one for the team if I can't get out to the steppe to make more tinctures in time

Most of the bound by the theater and cathedral too

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Pathologic HD question: should I be curing my own infection ASAP or putting it off as long as i can to save shmowders?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

RBA Starblade posted:

Notkins taking one for the team if I can't get out to the steppe to make more tinctures in time

Most of the bound by the theater and cathedral too
If you don't even try to save him you better just go ahead and uninstall the game right now. :colbert:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Pathologic HD question: should I be curing my own infection ASAP or putting it off as long as i can to save shmowders?

Put it off as long as you can. If you cure it, you'll probably just get infected again soon, and you'll need the shmowders later.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

Put it off as long as you can. If you cure it, you'll probably just get infected again soon, and you'll need the shmowders later.

Thanks. When I was going to sleep, my health was going down even though I had taken some painkiller and ate some food. Is that worth worrying about or is it just part of being infected?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Lingering questions after finishing this game(Pathologic 1 spoilers in addition to spoilers for this game)

*Why the gently caress are there two rat prophets? Also shouldn't he be the jerboa prophet given that there are no rats in Pathologic 2?
*What was Rubin doing in that hideout Grief got for him? I assume it's like Pathologic 1 and he's grinding up Simon Kain's corpse for panacea's sake, but I never saw a conclusion to that
* Is this all still ultimately the Twilight Zone episode where they're all toys in a toybox

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Thanks. When I was going to sleep, my health was going down even though I had taken some painkiller and ate some food. Is that worth worrying about or is it just part of being infected?

good god don’t stay infected. get rid of it and don’t get infected again!!

medrel+ is cheap as gently caress and just make sure you have clothing on

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Lingering questions after finishing this game(Pathologic 1 spoilers in addition to spoilers for this game)

*Why the gently caress are there two rat prophets? Also shouldn't he be the jerboa prophet given that there are no rats in Pathologic 2?

where's the second one? how do you know they're different

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Verviticus posted:

Yeah, I remember something about the Rat Prophet falling in and out of character. I think the person in the Theatre of Death who tells you he's loose in the narrative has a line about it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm p sure I've seen rats scurrying about

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Verviticus posted:

I assumed there were two because the one model you only meet if you die a certain number of times whereas the other model you can meet without dying that many times. But it's possible it's the same actor just half-assing his role one night

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm p sure I've seen rats scurrying about

I think those are just jerboas, but I might have missed them

This game doesn't have the annoying enemy rats from the first game, which is one of many improvements

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I assumed there were two because the one model you only meet if you die a certain number of times whereas the other model you can meet without dying that many times. But it's possible it's the same actor just half-assing his role one night

if you meet one and then the other, you can ask him why he has legs this time, and he says some cryptic bullshit

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

That's part of being infected, yes. A caveat to not curing yourself in P1 is that you need to keep your infection rate as low as possible, or else your health will constantly drain like that.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

just dont be infected. health is already the most valuable resource. wear clothing, keep the immunity bar up and you're fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

There's a free way to cure your infection but you've got to get to day 6, I think, before you can: When you walk around the military flamethrower guys with an infection level high enough to show up on the top corner of your screen, they'll burn away your infection. You don't want to be low health when you do this.