Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

StandardVC10 posted:

I mean that could still be true, but scanlations were way short of what was actually out in Japanese.

A bunch of places, including the original publisher's webshop, seem to list it as completed at 28 chapters.

Since the latest scanlation was chapter 13 almost a year after the previous one, seems like there's still a plenty to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, I thought we were closer to the end than that. But 28 chapters still leaves us some nice breathing room if we're going to be getting scans again. Yay!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Keeping a journal to make sure your vampire girlfriend is drinking your blood often enough is an extremely high level move.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Utakata Dialog updated, and yup I still love this dumb comedy duo couple that doesn't know they're a couple yet.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
he has A Good Dad :3

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This was a cute Horimiya.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Adashima chapter in. I'd say Adachi needs a hug, but if Shimamura were to give her one the shock might kill her.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been saving the third volume of Yuki to Matsu for a while and finally read it today and omg y'all the ending was so perfect, my heart can't handle this.

It was a terrible mistake to read this at work I just want to weep over them and how precious they are

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Straightforwardly, a sex.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dragon Balls

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm sort of staggered that this actually happened in what claims to be a shounen manga.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well that certainly was the most interesting sex scene I've read in a while.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The plastic over the dragon's head :lol:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

lmao

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I literally can't believe they just went ahead and did It without ten million years of not getting to the point, even in a manga that's all about getting to the point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rand Brittain posted:

I literally can't believe they just went ahead and did It without ten million years of not getting to the point, even in a manga that's all about getting to the point.
yeah, I actually didn't expect the series to just do it, like when they went to the love hotel by accident when Mako was feeling unwell I thought they would play off of that for some laughs but then just played it totally straight that he was only worried about her recovering.

but also, that was genuinely hilarious, much like the rest of the series. the condom-encased dragon was perfect

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Took 20 chapters but it was worth it because the author kept my favorite technical breakdown of sex. BAM BAM gently caress AND FINISH!!!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The MUTUAL CONSENT page is loving FANTASTIC

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Compendium posted:

Yeah I thought I was kind of over the joke with this manga until that page and I was back on board again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Compendium posted:

almost every page is gold in this but this reaction was really good

or "WOOOOOW~ GRATS ON THE SEEEEX~!"

just intensely clumsy idiots in every way, it's so goofy.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

This was a cute Horimiya.

Me seeing a Horimiya update

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Compendium posted:

That may be literally one of my favourite single pages ever.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, Elf boyfriend and boyish girlfriend is freakin' adorable. It's a slice of life about sex, shenanigans, or sexy shenanigans, but it's really cute and also really funny. I can't remember if it was suggested in this thread or another one, but it's a great short series. Just as pity there isn't more.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It was honestly one of the funniest things I've read all year.

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm sort of staggered that this actually happened in what claims to be a shounen manga.
Wait, hold the doggone phone here. Is this actually getting published in a shounen magazine?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

I've been saving the third volume of Yuki to Matsu for a while and finally read it today and omg y'all the ending was so perfect, my heart can't handle this.

It was a terrible mistake to read this at work I just want to weep over them and how precious they are
Oh good god, great timing! I forgot the title of this manga and was going to ask you over in Discord about "That one BL manga where the two leads sorta look like Gintoki and Katsura". Thanks! :)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:thumbsup:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Wark Say posted:

It was honestly one of the funniest things I've read all year.

Wait, hold the doggone phone here. Is this actually getting published in a shounen magazine?

I remember one of my friends watched pop team epic and after sitting through an episode just said "That wasn't funny at all." I was taken aback because I thought it was pretty great, whereas he was mystified as to how anyone thought it was funny.

Now I feel like I'm on the opposite side of that, in that the best description I can give of my opinion is "vaguely put off". :shrug:

And I have absolutely no idea, but that's what it's classified as on mangadex.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's funny because it's over the top and basically the main couple actually go over the hurdles in less than 20 chapters that most other romance manga take months or years to go through.

The expressiveness in the art in terms of body language and facial emotions help

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Compendium posted:

It's funny because it's over the top and basically the main couple actually go over the hurdles in less than 20 chapters that most other romance manga take months or years to go through.

The expressiveness in the art in terms of body language and facial emotions help

I get the joke, I just don't find it funny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Many times I have found myself on the opposite side of the battlefield as you Cuntellectual, but for one day and one day only we will fight together.

Its not funny!1

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Drag these two to the funny mines.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Where can I get invited to the discord?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Cuntellectual posted:

I get the joke, I just don't find it funny.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its not funny!1

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ibblebibble posted:

Drag these two to the funny mines.

Oh no please don't send me there I am too young I don't want to dig out the Punchline Ore and choke on the Gag Fumes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think part of it is that, even if they're both really shouty and aggressive all the time, a dude being shouty and aggressive in a sex scene gives me a bad vibe.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

the main couple actually go over the hurdles in less than 20 chapters that most other romance manga take months or years to go through.

depends on what sort of romance manga you're reading

I did read that chapter and while it was funny that manga looks sort of exhausting and obnoxious to read so I've been skipping it. I was kinda over the gimmick just after reading that single chapter.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Cuntellectual posted:

I think part of it is that, even if they're both really shouty and aggressive all the time, a dude being shouty and aggressive in a sex scene gives me a bad vibe.

Well, I wouldn't call him aggressive as much as enthusiastic. The smoochin' was I think the best part :3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i read a bit of the first chapter of the manga and the gag with them both crossing paths and shouting "THAT'S THE WEIRDEST PERSON I'VE SEEN ALL DAY" was funnier to me than the sex chapter. well, peace

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well, I wouldn't call him aggressive as much as enthusiastic. The smoochin' was I think the best part :3

Yeah, I mean, there's a literal fusion dance panel of enthusiastic consent. When he gets told that a thing he's doing is uncomfortable and he should do something differently, he does. He's just loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean sex being a sincere but silly affair is pretty much all I need and two idiots yelling at each other at their first sight of each other privates keeps making me chuckle

What I'm getting here is that loud and obnoxious couple shenanigans is not everyone's tea and that's cool