Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

But can Taskmaster mimic the ability to look like someone’s overworked dad from the 80’s?

what do you think Tony looks like under the skull mask and hood, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

It could be a pretend adaptation of a fourth Tobey Maguire Spidey movie :)

Booya!
https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/status/1140409811185668096

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

already deleted

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was Alex Ross posting a bit of his (old?) Spider-Man movie artwork and a #spiderman4 hashtag.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Dawgstar posted:

It's hard to overstate how inept Rosenberg has been.

It's definitely got a solid claim for the worst X-Men run of all time. The only thing maybe keeping Rosenberg above Austen is that at least Roseberg is only gonna be on the book for like six months.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
DC people complain about how badly like Legion or Teen Titans members get treated, but that's usually in an event comic or crossover, X characters usually get merked in their own books.

Like the Claremont/Scinkewitz New Mutants news only made me think "who's left for them to kill?"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It takes place in the past.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It's hard to overstate how inept Rosenberg has been.

I've been out of the X-loop for a while, so out of morbid curiosity: What's Rosenberg doing that's so bad?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Edge & Christian posted:

What if its not the Fantastic Four, but instead Spider-Man is going to form his own Four Horsemen to take on the Vulture's Savage Six?

Spider-Man is Ric Flair
Boomerang is Barry Windham
Taskmaster and Black Ant are Tully & Arn
JJ Jameson is JJ Dillon

Will this lead to a fight between the Marvel Four Horsemen and the Four Hoursemen that DC made out of Green Lanterns?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DigitalRaven posted:

I've been out of the X-loop for a while, so out of morbid curiosity: What's Rosenberg doing that's so bad?

The most recent example has been the death of Wolfsbane. For starters, it was dumb because she was beaten to death by a group of humans. She didn't want to fight back and kill them, and that's fine, but she also did not - you know - turn into a wolf or a werewolf and just leave. Also and even worse it has a lot of gross connotations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

That's a book I would read (assuming it's not written by Slott or Spencer).

Hey, while Secret Empire was a tire fire, Spencer's been great on ASM.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

DC people complain about how badly like Legion or Teen Titans members get treated, but that's usually in an event comic or crossover, X characters usually get merked in their own books.

Like the Claremont/Scinkewitz New Mutants news only made me think "who's left for them to kill?"
Of the original team:

Cannonball
Sunspot
Moonstar
Mirage

Of later members:

Cypher
Magma
Magik
Warlock(?)
Boom-Boom
Rictor
Skids
Shatterstar
Warpath

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If I'm 3 issues into Immortal Hulk and not really getting much out of it should I keep reading?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd get through the first trade, but if you're not into it, you probably won't be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1140680451100696577

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The amount of people that wanted a Spider-Man 4 is... disconcerting.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It would have been great actually

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

The amount of people that wanted a Spider-Man 4 is... disconcerting.

The first 2 were good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean there are bits and pieces of the first one that are good and a good part of the second one, but on the whole I wouldn't call them good in 2019. Back when they were released and they were all we had then yeah they were great. I personally think the leads in the Raimi Spider-Man movies are terrible so it's hard for me to watch them with the same eye I did when I was younger.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1140707078291546112

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no roz solomon?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Has anyone written her besides Jason Aaron?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Has anyone written her besides Jason Aaron?

That's my first thought, I like her but i could imagine her being one of those characters where other creators don't want to write her in case Aaron wants to do something more with her.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Oh poo poo, we're getting Spider-Man 3!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Spider-Man 2 is still the best Spider-Man media released.

Cheesyness and all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Into the Spider-Verse and it’s not even close.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Into the Spider-Verse and it’s not even close.

Meh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wtffffffff

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

More like Charlesthewrong

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
love the trilogy of movies centering around three incredibly miscast actors that has an almost identical plot structure and climax every time

like the only thing about the Raimi movies that work for me at all are the villains, JJJ, and Aunt May. Basically any time I don't have to look at Tobey MacGuire's weepy-rear end face.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

But have you considered Pizza Time.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
To me, Spider-verse was the single best Spider-Man movie as well as probably one of the best bits of superhero media ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one loves the trilogy.

SM one is a serviceable origin movie with the green goblin in it I guess.

2 rules and is the best.

3 mainly exists for the memes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

James Franco is amazing in 3

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Only if you buy into the conspiracy that he and Raimi ruined the movie on purpose.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dreqqus posted:

Only if you buy into the conspiracy that he and Raimi ruined the movie on purpose.

Nah he's great either way. So good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh looks like roz might be in it after all

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1140772759896821763

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's a great lineup. poo poo, I'd buy that as a Defenders or WCA lineup.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cheesyness and all.

The PS4 game did a better doc ock and overall Spidey storey than Spider man 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

James Franco is amazing in 3

So Good.