Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What was the last half decent skateboarding game anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Skate 3, I guess?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sophism posted:

Who hurt you?

The birbs did.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Skate 3, I guess?

There's somewhat of a spiritual successor to Skate being developed called SkaterXL. It's in very early access on Steam and only has one kind of small area to skate in right now but there are a lot of map mods for it. The biggest difference between it and Skate is that you control a different foot with each analog stick in SkaterXL whereas Skate had one stick to control the body and the other for the feet.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'm not even seeing the word 'birb' on that page

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Let the bird skate ffs

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Holy boring, Batman: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1071640/Open_Ocean/

This one allows you to play with your balls: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1074370/Spherecraft/

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

the only powerful message I want in a game where I'm a shark is "chomp chomp I'm a shark mothafucka"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The wild thing about Open Ocean is that literally every art asset is used under creative commons and he lists them all in the store description page

actually, it would be pretty funny to make like a JRPG and every image and map and particle effect was ripped from Deviantart

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The wild thing about Open Ocean is that literally every art asset is used under creative commons and he lists them all in the store description page

actually, it would be pretty funny to make like a JRPG and every image and map and particle effect was ripped from Deviantart

you'd be amazed how many default asset RPGMaker games get a paycheck

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

"Occlusion culling? Who needs fancy buzzwords!"

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm not even seeing the word 'birb' on that page

It's more on the Kickstarter page but honestly who cares the game looks cute

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ymgve posted:

"Occlusion culling? Who needs fancy buzzwords!"

"Aw, poo poo, my trailer's boring as hell. Better speed it up. And keep in the bit where I fell off the stair while climbing. Also the bit where didn't make the tower right and had to do a quick edit before I got to the top."

Seriously, why even have a trailer at that point? How did he get through each of those points without thinking "I should do another take?"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You haven't been in here long enough if you're still asking these questions.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
:nws: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1088130/Sextris_Effect/?snr=1_5_1100__1100 :nws:

quote:

The late 90s and early 2000s were an incredible time for games, creating both titanic franchises and floods of shovelware. Out of this endless morass of awful games, Sextris emerged as a true legend. Or, actually, several games called Sextris emerged. There are at least 3 versions of the bootleg drop puzzle, with the best known simply displaying tasteful nudes on successfully clearing lines. This was not the apex of Sextris, however. The most compelling flavor instead drops puzzle pieces designed to look like naked people in the throes of ecstasy, their bodies embracing and tangling into a mass of naked flesh as the game continues.

Perhaps you too had the experience of downloading Sextris.exe off Kazaa in 2001. You might have asked yourself the same questions I did.

Is this sexy?
Who is this for?
Why would someone make this?

It's probably best not to think about too much. SEXTRIS EFFECT drags the classic bootleg into the modern era.

Classic Gameplay
Tetrominos can be moved and rotated, creating a deep puzzle of infinite complexity.
Save pieces to tactically deploy them when the time is right!

Partial Nudity
The tetrominos are sexy.

VR Support
Support for OpenVR and Oculus Rift head tracking, playable with keyboard and gamepad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Video Games Are Art

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hahaha this actually owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

i can admire the effort. but even i have somehow managed to avoid including hebrew language support and mysterious printer driver installers in my games, so i can't exactly respect it
He's like one of those incompetent Ed Wood-style directors that wasn't good enough to be Ed Wood.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Hahaha this actually owns

Nah, I was hype until I clicked the link. If you're gonna bring back sextris.exe at least put some loving effort into it beyond slapping some Poser models over the blocks and jiggling them a little when they "gently caress".

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1088880/___Russian_Test/

Russian Test is simple test about some specific russian culture in some places

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

King Vidiot posted:

Nah, I was hype until I clicked the link. If you're gonna bring back sextris.exe at least put some loving effort into it beyond slapping some Poser models over the blocks and jiggling them a little when they "gently caress".

Also the Steam reviews say it's buggy as poo poo. If you're going to make this a purchasable joke, at least make it a playable one.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

this man, he has been burned before by the "Sexy Ice Climbers dot NES"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/423563163150057482/590223441169219755/Vr_17d5f2_6334249.mp4

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I love that clip of the Game of All Years.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

This seems to be no longer alive which is miserable because the video was wonderful.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Oh neat, there's an anime titty game that teaches you Esperanto:

How did you know I like Esperanto, Steam?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Oh neat, there's an anime titty game that teaches you Esperanto:

How did you know I like Esperanto, Steam?

Love how inclusive anime tiddy games have become

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's all ages (just happens to have a yuri theme) and officially recognised by the National Esperanto Association in Japan as being educational. They're also supplying it to educational institutions for free.

Valve still denied it for no reason and refused to respond about it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's all ages (just happens to have a yuri theme) and officially recognised by the National Esperanto Association in Japan as being educational. They're also supplying it to educational institutions for free.

Valve still denied it for no reason and refused to respond about it.

So are you telling me the "Nudity" tag on this game is a lie? My faith in Steam store pages is shattered forever

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

There are probably nude animals in the game.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Foo Diddley posted:

So are you telling me the "Nudity" tag on this game is a lie? My faith in Steam store pages is shattered forever

According to the store page, there's a content warning for "partial nudity" based on the existence of one bath scene.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The Expression Amrilato is a girl-meets-girl yuri visual novel.

This visual novel is for people who:

Enjoy subtle love-like feelings between girls.

My absolute favorite thing about Japan is how into yuri they are but vehemently refuse to go over the line where they have to admit that the two girls shown are actually in a relationship together

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My absolute favorite thing about Japan is how into yuri they are but vehemently refuse to go over the line where they have to admit that the two girls shown are actually in a relationship together

this actually seems like a pretty terrible thing idk

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 22, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hwurmp posted:

this actually seems like a really terrible thing idk

Yeah that's the joke

I've made several really long posts in the persona/megaten thread about how anti-LGBT sentiments are reflected and reinforced in Japanese media and this is one of the less obvious ways. Tons of media producers in anime, LNs, and games want to cash in on the yuri genre but don't actually want to endorse same-sex relationships so they'll say something like "Nope they're not dating just cute girls doing cute girl things!", which is exactly what this store page does too. A great example is the Euphonium ln/anime where it's got two girls that basically confess their love for each other and are being set up for the entire first season to date, and then shortly after that one of them gets a boyfriend and the other says "oh yeah I mean we love each other as friends."

Unfortunately there's a lot of praise for media that do that here under the pretense of "yeah but we know they're gay" without really acknowledging the social implications of this practice. Hell, the Atelier series is built off of this trope and it has its own very active thread here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yeah you don’t have to actively say it on screen to still let people feel represented. Comics did it all the time and for a lot of readers they still loved the representation even if they couldn’t be open about it. Just because something isn’t perfect doesn’t mean you have to cancel it. You should know this you like persona 4

It also doesn’t help that at least Japan is doing something. The west doesn’t really cater to that group outside of a side character here and there

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 22, 2019

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Here's something for you leaf-eaters: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093500/Vegetarian_Alliance/

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

quote:

When you play the game, don't forget to eat more vegetarian food! Be careful to eat it with braised pork!

I am getting mixed messages from this description.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I am getting mixed messages from this description.

Most, if not all, vegan food is improved with the addition of braised pork. I'm not sure what your issue is.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Now that I think about it, braised pork is really delicious. That's a meat I only have a handful of times a year so might as well go for the good stuff.

Edit: Another one for the night: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1095450/Puzzle_Walker_Demo/

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah you don’t have to actively say it on screen to still let people feel represented. Comics did it all the time and for a lot of readers they still loved the representation even if they couldn’t be open about it. Just because something isn’t perfect doesn’t mean you have to cancel it. You should know this you like persona 4

It also doesn’t help that at least Japan is doing something. The west doesn’t really cater to that group outside of a side character here and there

Yeah, basically why there's shittons of LGBT fans of anime and anime accessories is that even just having homoerotic overtones with a thin veneer of plausible deniability is better than what you'd get anywhere else, i.e. absolutely nothing. Those fans aren't going to be impressed by having another bunch of straight white people rush in and stomp all over it for being not progressive enough.