Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

Okay which erentil do you think is better

moving target / tap the trigger / handling mw
backup plan / under pressure / charge time mw

do any of the batteries give you a lower bolt to kill than any others? liquid coils?

Bottom one and liquid coils does i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rubellavator posted:

you can complete gambit bounties in crucible?
if you have the annual pass drifter has 4 PVE/Crucible bounties per week

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman posted:

if you have the annual pass drifter has 4 PVE/Crucible bounties per week

^^^^^

because lol actually playing gambit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

^^^^^

because lol actually playing gambit

Gambit with truth is funny as hell

Mfw I inspect the lobby and I’m the only one with truth equipped

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

el B posted:

Just want to give a big shout out to your boy for being a top ten goon on two platforms. I haven't played console in six months, but I distinctly remember having a 2.7 kda and intentionally throwing games so I could leave it at 2.69. Oh well

Very concerned about the state of PS4 if Chop is running a 2.16 kd

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

you can complete gambit bounties in crucible?

There are five gambit bounties per day that don't require you to play gambit at all. It's great.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

actionjackson posted:

Okay which erentil do you think is better

moving target / tap the trigger / handling mw
backup plan / under pressure / charge time mw

do any of the batteries give you a lower bolt to kill than any others? liquid coils?

I'd go with the one with backup plan but they're both good.

Normal battery kills up to 6 resilience with 4 bolts, liquid coils up to 8 (Accelerated requires 5 at any resilience, don't use it).

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Gambit now is a Truth fest with everyone using bows for that stupid as poo poo grind to get Hush.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Judge Tesla posted:

Gambit now is a Truth fest with everyone using bows for that stupid as poo poo grind to get Hush.

this sounds way, way better than normal gambit TBH

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Good thing about Truth is that it let me get my Malfeasance very easily.
Bad thing about Truth is that it's so good that there's not much reason to use Malfeasance in Gambit now if you have Truth, especially if you plan to invade at all.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Oh hey, Iron Banner is today. Someone said there were quests to get the armor pieces?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

IronSaber posted:

Oh hey, Iron Banner is today. Someone said there were quests to get the armor pieces?

Nobody cares knows the details until it goes live in 40 minutes.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Highest my pvp main can be right now is 736. I should probably do some dreaming city chores and a few other easy powerful drops before jumping into IB, right? At least be 741 I'm guessing?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Can’t wait to see the new obviously retarded thing they did to Banner this season

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Can’t wait to see the new obviously retarded thing they did to Banner this season

"to unlock enhanced perks for Iron Banner gear, Guardians will have to best Gahlran in the Crown of Sorrows"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Bust Rodd posted:

"to unlock enhanced perks for Iron Banner gear, Guardians will have to best Gahlran in the Crown of Sorrows"

Everyone is 750 at this point so the only issue will be time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rick_Hunter posted:

Dude the average destiny player can barely shoot mans.

When someone first told me only 6% of Destiny players even attempt raids, at first I was blown away...

Now that seems high.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I do the menagerie raid all the time bro

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've never done a raid cuz I can't figure out how to group up effectively or I burn out on the game and the players move on. I've played both destiny games and have yet to play or complete one.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude the average destiny player can barely shoot mans.

When someone first told me only 6% of Destiny players even attempt raids, at first I was blown away...

Now that seems high.

Average destiny players probably don't have spare time to sink into raids. I've never done one but either couldn't find a team to play with or the mutual time to commit to it.

Blame it on an aging gaming demographic while the younger folks go off and feed their F2P battle royale addiction or something.

On another note that Forsaken DLC finale was a bit of a wet fart. Giant ball of enemy out of nowhere! Even the ambiguous ending is cleared up the moment you speak to the NPC afterwards.

They shoulda left it for me to decide.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Xbox phone/iPad app has a remarkably good LFG function that I’ve used many times to find a raid group or build one from scratch. It’s easy and fun just backout if there’s literal children on comms.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Donovan Trip posted:

I've never done a raid cuz I can't figure out how to group up effectively or I burn out on the game and the players move on. I've played both destiny games and have yet to play or complete one.

Usually it starts with you asking people if they want to raid.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I have, here and in other threads and discord. Just have bad timing I guess?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kin posted:

On another note that Forsaken DLC finale was a bit of a wet fart. Giant ball of enemy out of nowhere! Even the ambiguous ending is cleared up the moment you speak to the NPC afterwards.

They shoulda left it for me to decide.

I don't understand why they didn't just give Uldren a boss fight, would it really have been that much of a bastard to rig a gun fight with a semi regular dude?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I used to raid twice a week if not more. It is daunting and seems like a huge time sink at first. But really. Every raid is <1 hour with any average LFG group. If the group is full of new people, it’s the wrong one. You have no obligation to bash your head against the wall with a bad group. Raids are really, really fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Donovan Trip posted:

Download the destiny 2 app it has a built in LFG system that’s constantly active.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

if you have a mic and can tell left from right you're already in the top 50% of raiders

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Donovan Trip posted:

I have, here and in other threads and discord. Just have bad timing I guess?

Asking in a thread is basically worthless, but Discord has Bots that allow you to leave open signups for activites, anything in the game. This is where the overwhelming bulk of goons find their raiding fireteams.

Between hotdog and overchill we're probably raiding 15-20 times a week across a bunch of different playgroups, although my understanding is that X-Bone is just like 9 retarded kids who all only play crucible and make dank memez.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

Asking in a thread is basically worthless, but Discord has Bots that allow you to leave open signups for activites, anything in the game. This is where the overwhelming bulk of goons find their raiding fireteams.

Between hotdog and overchill we're probably raiding 15-20 times a week across a bunch of different playgroups, although my understanding is that X-Bone is just like 9 retarded kids who all only play crucible and make dank memez.

I agree X-Bone is cooler, yes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bone is all successful career-minded dads and liquid playboys, so getting a raid together can be tough.

Luckily the xbone’s superior native lfg application makes getting a raid with other like minded individuals a snap.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Honestly between writing mortgage checks and servicing my high performance european sports car, I don't have a lot of time to waste on a "Discord"

But Xbox caters to me and my needs, so finding a group is a snap

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rick_Hunter posted:

I've been grinding milestones and powerful drops across 3 characters 4-5 hours a night for the last two weeks and just got my first 750 drop last night. I have yet to see anyone with a 750 on their emblem.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Once you're 750, most matchmade activities put you in with other 750s, so it'll seem like everyone's there

but also everyone IS there lmao get some light

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pretty sure you have to be insanely lucky with drop sequencing or be doing multiple raids/characters to be 750 before this week

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pretty sure you have to be insanely lucky with drop sequencing or be doing multiple raids/characters to be 750 before this week

Dude I’m 750 on all three characters. No raids required. The path to powerful is plenty! You just have the crappy luck with same slot drops.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Adregan posted:

Dude I’m 750 on all three characters. No raids required. The path to powerful is plenty! You just have the crappy luck with same slot drops.

So you did multiple characters

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I poorly phrased my op, but unless you’re optimizing progression across 3 characters or you’re doing like literally every possible drop on a single and getting a shitload of primes, you’re not 750 on anything

I’ve done every milestone on one guy save for prime/reckoning and raiding, and I’m 744

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I poorly phrased my op, but unless you’re optimizing progression across 3 characters or you’re doing like literally every possible drop on a single and getting a shitload of primes, you’re not 750 on anything

I’ve done every milestone on one guy save for prime/reckoning and raiding, and I’m 744

i only have one character and have been getting 750's on the second half of last week. im missing a single 750 slot which i can target today if i want

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally beat cos last night. Fun little raid, fun last boss but I do wonder how it’s gonna go after they nerf outbreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
*unzips jeans and then presses down on the sides of my fupa to properly expose my flaccid, mushroomlike 710 light dick*