Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

jit bull transpile posted:

also buy hormones from Canada online and watch Craigslist for home lasers and cut our lovely Healthcare system out of things
That was a total crap shoot for me. When I lived in San Diego it was easy, but in Fontana they just never showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i mean dont forget to also check out thrift stores and poo poo. i got my own tria 4x for $10 in one in allston (though before that i had used my so's)

id definite;y reccomend inhouse over any of the weird canadian sites tho.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

i mean dont forget to also check out thrift stores and poo poo. i got my own tria 4x for $10 in one in allston (though before that i had used my so's)

id definite;y reccomend inhouse over any of the weird canadian sites tho.

yeah use inhouse, they seem pretty reliable and me and everyone i know has used em' plenty.

also i think you got incredibly lucky to get that tria, i've never found anything nearly that cool at any thrift store ever :v:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

aardvaard posted:

"you're beautiful as you are" "you shouldn't care about what society thinks" "you don't need surgery to be happy" is the dysphoria equivalent of telling a depressed person that they should "just try to stop feeling sad" - technically true but absolutely unhelpful and dismissive. it's true that society shouldn't have a say over how anyone looks but if it were as easy as a mindset change nobody would have issues with their body.

just feels tiring to have heard that constantly from other trans people. i don't get what they want me to do other than to stop whining.

anyway, shouldn't i not be putting an at-home laser on my own face? won't that just make my skin as bright red as a tomato if i try that poo poo on my own for little effect

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SunAndSpring posted:

just feels tiring to have heard that constantly from other trans people. i don't get what they want me to do other than to stop whining.

uh well basically that stuff is meant to be part of buying into a whole alternate society thing where everything is already perfectly fine. which is something of a reasonable response to a mean world but also doesn't do anything for anyone who doesn't buy in. positivity movements are fun and all but they're no solution for reasonable fears of what people will do to you in public, say.

reminds me of when you see people talking about how oh, they never had dysphoria, they just happened to feel much better when they fixed/changed x, y, and z thing about them and their lives you know?

SunAndSpring posted:

anyway, shouldn't i not be putting an at-home laser on my own face? won't that just make my skin as bright red as a tomato if i try that poo poo on my own for little effect

real home lasers are perfectly fine to use on your face as any other part of your body. thoguh obviously when you're starting from untreated it'll hurt like hell because there's a ton of hair getting heated and hopefully destroyed at once.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
there's also that super-positivity culture stuff like "everyone already looks beautiful as they are" tends to scare off both people who haven't shown themselves/haven't done so recently from showing themselves (because they feel like they don't belong anymore), and also drives others to super toxic all-negative spaces where very little that's good will happen.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i hate it personally

like i don't judge anyone if they do or do not opt to do anything to help them with their appearance. i don't understand what is going on in their heads just like they cannot see what is in mine. i have some level of facial dysphoria but it's relatively minor, but i then do know people i find gorgeous who do and they've gone out and had or have plans to have facial surgery

i get this poo poo often when it comes to my plans for having vocal chord surgery. i often get, "your voice is wonderful" and all of that nonsense, but when i hear my voice i just cringe and it often keeps me silent. it is cis nonsense that has developed both of these problems but it's far easier to just fix things as an individual than completely collapse the structures that cisgender culture has created

it sucks that everyone has to pay out of pocket for these medical options

unrelated but related, one week and i won't have to look at the stuff between my legs in disgust anymore. being off hormones for the past two weeks has been hell and i wish brassard would get with the times

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Lain Iwakura posted:

it sucks that everyone has to pay out of pocket for these medical options

this, as a broke failure i get to basically, try and ignore stuff

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
i'm flying off to montreal tomorrow :stare:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Lain Iwakura posted:

:toot: good luck and health and all that stuff!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
good luck

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
good luck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lain Iwakura posted:

Best of luck!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

good luck! here's to a quick recovery!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
when you have necrosis and granulation and all that poo poo just remember it's normal and it will heal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i heard poutine helps surgery heal faster

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

i heard poutine helps surgery heal faster

lol do not you will puke. u gonna be so nauseous

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

have them give you a gravy IV

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun

Lain Iwakura posted:

best of luck, lain

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

good luck lain!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
a friend is going to bring me vegan poutine but only if i ask

thank you all <3 i plan on having a shitpost on twitter after i come to (tuesday at any point past 8:30 AM EDT)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ambient oatmeal posted:

have them give you a gravy IV

call the nurse the tube’s clogged with curds again

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

french fry enema

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

a friend is going to bring me vegan poutine but only if i ask

thank you all <3 i plan on having a shitpost on twitter after i come to (tuesday at any point past 8:30 AM EDT)

:toot: good luck

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
definitely not freaking out about tomorrow

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

you'll be fine :glomp:

friend who did it was just super out of it on drugs and recovery for like a week, then everything was fine, and that was in america's broken healthcare system where her husband had to constantly bug the nurse and argue about billing and crap, presumably you just have to worry about recovery :v:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

you gonna do great

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shame Boy posted:

you'll be fine :glomp:

friend who did it was just super out of it on drugs and recovery for like a week, then everything was fine, and that was in america's broken healthcare system where her husband had to constantly bug the nurse and argue about billing and crap, presumably you just have to worry about recovery :v:

well that and every nurse starting every interaction in french

might wanna bring a sign

you got this

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
fortunately I do speak some level of French

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Je suis Joséphine

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Taco Tuesday is here

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
bon voyage! :toot:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Best of luck!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
congrats and good luck!

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
Hope all goes well!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

best of luck moving in to your new orifice :toot:

i'm sorry

iospace
Jan 19, 2038