Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm going to be in Toronto for one(1) day CanPol, what's the best restaurants and breweries to gorge myself at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was approached by one of those banana wearing clowns who asked if I wanted a sticker. I spat on him and told him to gently caress off. I may not like Trudeau but I have enough contempt to go around for stupid youths who will debase themselves to own the libs. There are less degrading ways to earn 22.50 an hour than to be a paid shill.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm going to be in Toronto for one(1) day CanPol, what's the best restaurants and breweries to gorge myself at?

I liked Wvrst. Good beer, good sausages.

EDIT: Also of Jen Agg's restos. She's awesome, and her restos are great.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Seconding Wvrst. Super good beer list and amazing sausages.

The best meal I had there recently was at DaiLo but that ain't exactly budget friendly.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What a dumb name for a restaurant.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

ToxicAcne posted:

What's the problem with David Suzuki? I know I read a while back that he was against immigration but I don't know much else.

I met and talked with him briefly back in 2012 and he seemed alright, if a bit pissed off at the state of things. I've just heard more that he is a dismissive rear end in a top hat to most people.

The creeper thing is new, though. That's pretty lovely, if true.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Trudeau is being an insufferably smug piece of poo poo while announcing that TMX is going ahead. I hope he gets the worst of what's coming in the next fifteen years.

Like impalement on a rusted pipe.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Hey Trudeau, stick your 'middle class jobs' up your rear end.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

incontinence 100 posted:

What a dumb name for a restaurant.

It's got the wvurst name but the bvest food

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Rime posted:

Trudeau is being an insufferably smug piece of poo poo while announcing that TMX is going ahead. I hope he gets the worst of what's coming in the next fifteen years.

Like impalement on a rusted pipe.

You're so basic, let me explain

https://twitter.com/althiaraj/status/1141087478012661766

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DariusLikewise posted:

Why are you asking CanPol instead of the proper thread?

We will hook you up.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Liberals gonna Lib.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Entorwellian posted:

The creeper thing is new, though. That's pretty lovely, if true.

It's not new, it was already known back when I was in high school like 12-15 years ago.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

infernal machines posted:

Why are you asking CanPol instead of the proper thread?

We will hook you up.

Moving on over

Also gently caress libs

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Literally yesterday there was a motion to declare a climate emergency that was supported by everyone but Bernier and today the government announced the expansion of the oil industry

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

So I assume there's a cap on oil sands production?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HookShot posted:

It's not new, it was already known back when I was in high school like 12-15 years ago.

This is based on more than "ew, naked old guy on cover of magazine" conjecture?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DariusLikewise posted:

Literally yesterday there was a motion to declare a climate emergency that was supported by everyone but Bernier and today the government announced the expansion of the oil industry

Everyone but Benier and the Conservative MPs in the House. https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/votes/42/1/1366/

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Canoe tasting menu

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Today I sincerely and deeply understand why Avshalom ate her original perma.

I can't even type coherently right now.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rime posted:

just breathe man

I mean enjoy it while you can right

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/CochraneCBC/status/1141069727873339393?s=19

quote:

"I just carried on and continued in law class and, again, heard nothing more for 11 years. Which is why I reached out to two former classmates, who have no recollection of me saying anything of the sort — who have spoken to you. And it is why I have instructed my counsel to take all necessary legal measures."

WEINER!

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Defenistrator posted:

It's got the wvurst name but the bvest food

The food is very good and a bygone friend designed the interior.

This post hereby satisfies my monthly non-BC Ed Chat posting quota thank you.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
To be honest, when I first heard of banana costumed protesters, my immediate thought was of this 2006 banana suit video guy....

possible nsfw since it is only now left on ebaumsworld...

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/banana-suit-fire/572/?jwsource=em

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rime posted:

Quite frankly this entirely predictable announcement pales beside "federal carbon tax stops going up in a couple years" when it comes to harmful environmental impact.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

lmao this dude is such a loving ween

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

RBC posted:

lmao this dude is such a loving ween

So, what are the chances he's a fundamentalist Christian, espousing many of the same views that originated with those "goat herder" cultures?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Hexigrammus posted:

So, what are the chances he's a fundamentalist Christian, espousing many of the same views that originated with those "goat herder" cultures?

112%

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

My wife works in the same building as him. He sounds like a super huge racist weirdo. We get mailed a lot of pamphlets warning about illegal immigrants all the time.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jagmeet-singh-ndp-platform-analysis-wherry-1.5178309

*Lance Henriksen in Aliens voice* "Not bad, for a centrist"

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wasn't going to vote this fall but if the NDP start talking about MMT then they have my vote.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Indeed, MMT. Not content with stealing mere slogans from depression era America, let's steal Weimar Germany's responsible approach to government finances.

(Not that we need to worry about the NDP winning.)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Meanwhile Canadian permafrost is melting 70 years earlier than scientists predicted. The story of climate change, as usual, is that even our worst case predictions are constantly turning out to be wildly optimistic. And we're up here building more pipelines.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
On the plus side, it probably doesn't matter if we build the pipelines now.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks like we got a gold bug here.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

infernal machines posted:

On the plus side, it probably doesn't matter if we build the pipelines now.

I like this thought. It will help me get through future conversations with my retired Albertan neighbour who is certain that climate change is the biggest hoax ever and everyone in B.C. (except the Greens holding Horgan hostage) want the pipeline built - even in Victoria!

e: grammar

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm as certain as I can be that saying "I told you so" with my dying breath will be incredibly cathartic.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

vyelkin posted:

Meanwhile Canadian permafrost is melting 70 years earlier than scientists predicted. The story of climate change, as usual, is that even our worst case predictions are constantly turning out to be wildly optimistic. And we're up here building more pipelines.

To expand on this for those who don't follow the climate threads: this discovery, and the ongoing unprecedented melt rates in Greenland, mean we are currently exceeding the worst case hellworld scenario for climate outcomes (RCP 8.5) by an absurd margin and have been since at least 2010.

It may already be too late to alter this trajectory due to positive feedback loops which we poorly understand and are only recently identifying, such as methane releases from decaying arctic biomass rather than the classically feared seafloor clathrate deposits, and it is becoming increasingly apparent with the research dropping in 2019 that the lifestyle we all enjoy may come to a very abrupt end within an uncomfortably short timeframe.

I was called a delusional lunatic today. I wish they were right, I really do. :(

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Hexigrammus posted:

I like this thought. It will help me get through future conversations with my retired Albertan neighbour who is certain that climate change is the biggest hoax ever and everyone in B.C. (except the Greens holding Horgan hostage) want the pipeline built - even in Victoria!

You gotta tell him to get up to speed.

We finished the hoax phase like 10 years ago.

The "it's just a natural sun cycle thing" was done 5 years back.

We are firmly in the "yeah fine fine we broke everything but we will figure out a way to fix it later" phase at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rime posted:

To expand on this for those who don't follow the climate threads: this discovery, and the ongoing unprecedented melt rates in Greenland, mean we are currently exceeding the worst case hellworld scenario for climate outcomes (RCP 8.5) by an absurd margin and have been since at least 2010.

It may already be too late to alter this trajectory due to positive feedback loops which we poorly understand and are only recently identifying, such as methane releases from decaying arctic biomass rather than the classically feared seafloor clathrate deposits, and it is becoming increasingly apparent with the research dropping in 2019 that the lifestyle we all enjoy may come to a very abrupt end within an uncomfortably short timeframe.

I was called a delusional lunatic today. I wish they were right, I really do. :(

The biggest hurdle we have here is convincing Canadians climate change is going to affect them just as much as people in other places.

Its honestly quite amazing and terrifying how well our government and their moneyed interests have convinced us that we are in some kind of safe space, away from all the bad things about to happen.