Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Saoshyant posted:

Well, this is embarrassing... It turns out I misread the information: when I saw "1 day left" I thought it was counting from yesterday, but turns out what I thought was yesterday was already past midnight (so it was one day from today). I just wasted my egg and most likely yours too. poo poo, sorry, man. We can try tomorrow again if you want? Sorry.

No worries. I made the same mistake haha. Want to try for the same time tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I might have to do some travelling to get my big raids done, from the look of things. I think the local community kinda fell apart, though gyms are still contested here and there.

I guess there's pokemon party busses in some areas that go from place to place in Austin?

I was able to take down my first raid boss (level 1) and got Shinx (Shinkx!) out of it.

So, I've been doing more driving than walking lately. I don't want to be a slacker that's not sending gifts to my friends-am I doing the wrong (or right) thing by holding off on opening new gifts until I hatch my eggs or should I prioritize opening them to deepen relationships (and gain ridiculous xp)?

For Pokemon games proper, they had a trading thread. Is there anything like that goons have for Pokemon Go?

Is it enough of a pain that I should reroll my field quest to trade a pokemon since it has to be someone that's actually near me?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Bell_ posted:

So, I've been doing more driving than walking lately. I don't want to be a slacker that's not sending gifts to my friends-am I doing the wrong (or right) thing by holding off on opening new gifts until I hatch my eggs or should I prioritize opening them to deepen relationships (and gain ridiculous xp)?
Why not both? I open gifts (particularly international ones from goons) when an egg hatches during the day, and then in the evening before midnight I open other gifts until the limit. At midnight, the gift opening limit resets.
Well, I'm not actually doing this a lot any more, the 7km eggs you get from gifts aren't always worth it. Now I don't have Gible yet and I'd like a 10k egg with it in it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bell_ posted:

For Pokemon games proper, they had a trading thread. Is there anything like that goons have for Pokemon Go?

Is it enough of a pain that I should reroll my field quest to trade a pokemon since it has to be someone that's actually near me?

Not really and probably, the local restriction on trading means you’re usually better off looking up the local facebook/discords for areas in driving range to find people to actively and regularly trade with.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Bell_ posted:

Prioritize the exp from building friendship. Only get eggs from presents if you want the 7km eggs which has slightly rarer and Alolan form Pokemon. What hatches from eggs change from time to time so always check here if you want to make sure. The only other thing you might want from getting 7km eggs from presents is to go for the "Pilot" medal (basically achievements that give no real reward and are just for fun) which is to get a certain distance racked up from how far away the Pokemon you traded with are. Like if you trade and your Pokemon was from Washington state and the other Pokemon was from Florida, you'll get around 4500km toward the goal in that medal. This is why people tend to want to friend people as far as away from them as possible so that they can get eggs from those places to trade for distance. The antipode finder will tell you where exactly the furthest place is from your location if you care.

To answer your last two together, there's no trading thread because Niantic's propensity for anti-cheating makes it so trading anything you really want will cost an arm and a leg in stardust unless you're ultra/best friends. Not to mention you have to be physically close to trade so it doesn't matter if someone in South Africa has what you want and is willing to trade you. The only way you can trade with people far away is if you give them your login credentials and they have a second device to log in for you, but that means you have to trust that person won't steal your poo poo or sabotage your account. Not to mention if you log in with Google, it's a lot harder to set it up what with the new device detection and security checks. So even if you trust someone and can get this all going, you have to wait until you're ultra/best friends or else trading a single legendary or shiny that you don't already have is going to cost 1,000,000 or 800,000 stardust.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nut Better posted:

No worries. I made the same mistake haha. Want to try for the same time tomorrow?

Deal.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I found a shiny Charmander. yay

do they plan on ever letting people send mons from Let's Go to Go

e: turns out the shiny Mander has such garbage stats that only his mother could love him

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

indigi posted:

e: turns out the shiny Mander has such garbage stats that only his mother could love him

But he'll look like a real boss anyway once he's a Charizard.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

indigi posted:

I found a shiny Charmander. yay

do they plan on ever letting people send mons from Let's Go to Go

Nah, I imagine that, extra work aside, they don't want people to use Let's Go as a candy machine because it's easier to catch things in the game. PoGo wants you to walk around with GPS to find Pokemon yourself. If you could transfer Pokemon from Let's Go, you could essentially just stay at your place all day and feed your PoGo account. Setting Pokemon free in core games and Let's Go doesn't give you any advantage; transferring Pokemon in PoGo does.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Willsun posted:

Nah, I imagine that, extra work aside, they don't want people to use Let's Go as a candy machine because it's easier to catch things in the game. PoGo wants you to walk around with GPS to find Pokemon yourself. If you could transfer Pokemon from Let's Go, you could essentially just stay at your place all day and feed your PoGo account. Setting Pokemon free in core games and Let's Go doesn't give you any advantage; transferring Pokemon in PoGo does.

they could put a flag on imported Pokemon that gives no candy for releasing them. but it would probably have other unforseen effects on the Go ecosystem

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Won't Pokemon Home allow you to transfer from Go to Sword/Shield?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Beats me but I don't see why not. They can just use the same transfer system as Let's Go.

If that's the case, I hope they have parks so I can keep making bullshit like this:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That FF7 remake is getting weird.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Just needs a Brazzers logo.

Has ANYONE found shiny Seel from research yet?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Saoshyant posted:

That FF7 remake is getting weird.

god dammit I came here to post this.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Just needs a Brazzers logo.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 18, 2019

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So is there any way to force adventure sync to, you know, sync? I did 5km+ at my first job this morning and would love to swap out the another batch of eggs before I do a second 5km this afternoon. But I've logged in like a half dozen times and it just not pulling the data.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

indigi posted:

they could put a flag on imported Pokemon that gives no candy for releasing them. but it would probably have other unforseen effects on the Go ecosystem

These unforseen effects include the fact that save game data can be edited on the Switch, allowing for infinite cloning of Mew and Melmetal, perfect IV generation, and the whole shebang. Not to mention all the shinies that still don't exist in Go, like Weedle.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So is there any way to force adventure sync to, you know, sync? I did 5km+ at my first job this morning and would love to swap out the another batch of eggs before I do a second 5km this afternoon. But I've logged in like a half dozen times and it just not pulling the data.

1. Does both PoGo and your fitness app have permission to read / write storage to the phone?
2. Are you in battery saver mode?
3. Also this sounds dumb but sometimes the game turns off adventure sync for various reasons. Is it turned on?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Apart from "frequently checking to make sure adventure sync didn't deactivate itself", I find that checking the apple health app to make sure it's still tracking stuff is also sometimes necessary (and if it's not tracking, rebooting the phone)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's weird that so far into its release, Go still has trouble crediting people with actual distance walked but will give you a bunch of free KMs if you just leave the app up in an area with poor reception. I played a bit during the first month and remember thinking "they'll be sure to work this kink out pretty soon." Adventure Sync makes it much more consistent but even it has problems sometimes

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1141081296505991168?s=21

Raikou day is June 29. At least they gave us more than a week’s notice. Different timing as well starting at 4pm local.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

How could you miss the rest of the replies?

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1141099129377923072

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
the piss dab is real

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

the piss dab is real

oh team leader my team leader

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

slave to my cravings posted:

Raikou day is June 29. At least they gave us more than a week’s notice. Different timing as well starting at 4pm local.

That's not a great reward, I mean we all got sick of the legendary dogs already. And I don't care that much about shiny legendaries cause you can't even put them in gyms to impress strangers. That being said, if we get the five free raid passes like on Lapras day, I'll definitely waste an hour doing some raids. Not gonna waste premium passes though.

I'm so happy they keep doing events at 3 or 4pm lately. I go to work at 630am every day so it's been working out great for me (except for Lapras day which I had to switch around my schedule for and then I didn't even get a shiny :()

DorkusMalorkus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 19, 2019

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The reward is half distance eggs, because it's the only way we're ever going to get cherubis or gibles that doesn't involve spending a fortune on incubators or spoofing to NYC/van/Singapore using their maps

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Imagine seeing this and not coughing up the few bucks to switch to Team Mystic, or even Valor.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

slave to my cravings posted:

I'll go to raid day, but I won't go outside.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

So it turns out that Tropius is pretty goddamned insane in the current Silph pvp cup. Anybody around here have access to wild spawns?

I've got a trade burner account with a bunch of goodies and like 600k dust I'd be open to handing over the credentials and letting you loot whatever in exchange for catching a few <1500 cp on it that I can trade over to my main.

Or, ya know, just somebody that's spoofing and willing to grab a couple-few and trade em with me. Either or works.

Feel free to PM me if you're not up for posting about it in public. I just want a bananaplane or three.

Edit: also this is why pvp is loving stupid. Why not make a regional one of the best in meta? I'll just drop what I'm doing and hop a flight to Africa to catch a few.

Double edit: oh, Silph banned it, which seems sensible. I still want a bananaplane.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 19, 2019

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
They banned it? drat, I have a legit one from Spain all powered up with two moves and I don't really have any of the other grass options... In the past I had no reason to evolve low-CP community day mons to get the special CD move, how could I know that the PvP meta was going to require those?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

The reward is half distance eggs, because it's the only way we're ever going to get cherubis or gibles that doesn't involve spending a fortune on incubators or spoofing to NYC/van/Singapore using their maps

is spoofing still a thing? I thought they'd have figured out a way to shut that down too

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Entropist posted:

They banned it? drat, I have a legit one from Spain all powered up with two moves and I don't really have any of the other grass options... In the past I had no reason to evolve low-CP community day mons to get the special CD move, how could I know that the PvP meta was going to require those?

Right? It's a complete disaster of an implimentation. I just happen to have a shiny Venusaur with decent pvp stats and frenzy plant, but it was sheer stupid luck that it was the only shiny I got on bulba day and evolved it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

is spoofing still a thing? I thought they'd have figured out a way to shut that down too

Yeah it's incredibly easy to do on old Android phones. I just did it on my alt about half an hour ago to get a gible, before that I'd done it solely to get regionals because I think it's a load of crap gen 2-3 regionals aren't available like the gen1s were . I'm not gonna put the gibles on my main until after this egg distance event but at some point I'll break down out of frustration

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How stable have spawns been in people's areas?

Maybe they're littered everywhere, but I have snowrunt and misdreavus spawning fairly often and hope they'll continue to do so until I'm able to evolve them-especially since despite a dozen or so spawns, misdreavus is super stingy for IVs.

Does the future look as starved for sparkle dust as I'm afraid it will be?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah it's incredibly easy to do on old Android phones. I just did it on my alt about half an hour ago to get a gible, before that I'd done it solely to get regionals because I think it's a load of crap gen 2-3 regionals aren't available like the gen1s were . I'm not gonna put the gibles on my main until after this egg distance event but at some point I'll break down out of frustration

drat, I have an old Android sitting around. can you do it over wifi or will that get an instant ban

Bell_ posted:

How stable have spawns been in people's areas?

Maybe they're littered everywhere, but I have snowrunt and misdreavus spawning fairly often and hope they'll continue to do so until I'm able to evolve them-especially since despite a dozen or so spawns, misdreavus is super stingy for IVs.
I'm getting those a bunch too, but I've also noticed in the last 24 hours a fuckton of Nidoran(m&f) have been popping up when I hadn't seen any since starting on Thursday. I was wondering if it's a day of the week thing that triggers certain mons to spawn

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Spoofing is done over WiFi. The real problem seems to be the gps in people's phones, including mine, fights with the fake gps app and you bounce around. Some people cover their phone in aluminum foil, I take mine into the basement (it takes a few minutes to start bouncing so I can grab a location off a map, teleport there and grab). Go to the Pokemon go spoofing Reddit for tons of info

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So if I set up a new account on my old phone and do all the spoofing stuff, is Niantic going to get wise if I start trading all these regional and rare pokemon to my regular account?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

Imagine seeing this and not coughing up the few bucks to switch to Team Mystic, or even Valor.

I love my dingus memelord leader, you can't take that from me. Look at him, he's trying. :shobon:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Some of us actually went to Africa to get our Tropius :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So if I set up a new account on my old phone and do all the spoofing stuff, is Niantic going to get wise if I start trading all these regional and rare pokemon to my regular account?

Yes. Anything physically impossible will immediately trip their cheater alarm.