Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

89 posted:

Cousins is wayyyy better

Based on what? They have like same career passer rating and no postseason accomplishments to speak of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Put cousins against a team that isnt garbage and he's pedestrian at best

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/1fanz1/status/1140795175507300352

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yall spent an entire draft booing McNabb

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
cousins, dak, eli who gives a f they all bad

lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yall spent an entire draft booing McNabb

Nah, some idiot sports shock jock, who happens to be a Yankees fan, gathered a handful of the kind of morons who listen to sports radio fanatically and bused them to New York to boo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eagles fans booed Santa Claus.

And then threw snowballs at him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
here's a hot take: all football fans are loving stupid as hell by nature, ESPECIALLY in the NFC East

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Play posted:

here's a hot take: all football fans are loving stupid as hell by nature, ESPECIALLY in the NFC East

Washington fans give Dan Snyder money.

Theory checks out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Play posted:

Harsh but fair

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yeah, I'm an Eagles fan but I can't argue against the amount of obnoxious horseshit eating assholes that permeate out fan base.

For a good while, I didn't want to go to the Vet even with free tickets that my boss would give me because the fans were so motherfucking obnoxious, lout of control and shitfaced.

Finally winning a Super Bowl seems to have taken some of the edge off but the rep is well deserved.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
every east coast game I've ever been to has exactly the same crowd with different color shirts and hats. though I haven't been to a Giants game and I hear their crowd is much older and cornier than Jets ones

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants and redskins fans are superior to the trash Dallas and especially Philly spews out

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Giants and redskins fans are superior to the trash Dallas and especially Philly spews out

Agreed.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sometimes I wonder how much I'd like other Eagles fans if I lived in Philly.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Washington fans are by definition the worst garbage because they knowingly support that team.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

89 posted:

I thought it was great when I lived there, personally.

Meanwhile I also lived in New York without ever meeting a hardcore Giants fan. Just the type that molt into Rangers/Yankees fans midway through the season.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

89 posted:

they're bad op

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Redskins fans are the most tolerable only because they don't actually attend games.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

a new study bible! posted:

Redskins fans are the most tolerable only because they don't actually attend games.

When we get one in FedEx let me know.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I will forever give Dak crap because I believe he's basically a healthier Romo but way less likeable and it's fun to see Cowboys fans turn on him so quickly when he has bad stretches. And he's about to get paid a tonnnn of $$$ when he's really the store brand Joe Flacco and it's gonna handicap the team because Jerry Jones is a terrible terrible terrible owner that makes bad decisions that shoot the Cowboys in the foot over and over again.

.....BUT, I will give the Cowboys credit for one thing that seems to go unmentioned in here....the defense last year. The defense is most responsible for what the Cowboys did last year. All you hear about is Dak, Zeke, and Amari. The defense are the true stars of the Cowboys. The big bonus being how young they are. Defense clicked on at the Saints game and beyond.

What are they looking like for 2019?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

I will forever give Dak crap because I believe he's basically a healthier Romo but way less likeable and it's fun to see Cowboys fans turn on him so quickly when he has bad stretches. And he's about to get paid a tonnnn of $$$ when he's really the store brand Joe Flacco and it's gonna handicap the team because Jerry Jones is a terrible terrible terrible owner that makes bad decisions that shoot the Cowboys in the foot over and over again.

.....BUT, I will give the Cowboys credit for one thing that seems to go unmentioned in here....the defense last year. The defense is most responsible for what the Cowboys did last year. All you hear about is Dak, Zeke, and Amari. The defense are the true stars of the Cowboys. The big bonus being how young they are. Defense clicked on at the Saints game and beyond.

What are they looking like for 2019?

loving lmao that you think Dak Prescott is even close to the QB Tony Romo was. Dak is closer to Dilfer, pal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ELO Musk posted:

loving lmao that you think Dak Prescott is even close to the QB Tony Romo was. Dak is closer to Dilfer, pal.

This. Dak is nowhere near the QB that Romo was. Romo was legitimately the best cowboys QB ever, and is honestly one of the best QBs of all time.

I always wonder what would have happened if Sean Payton had been able to successfully trade for him when he went to NOLA.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Romo was legitimately the best cowboys QB ever

lol

The best Cowboys QB ever has a 2-4 playoff record and never appeared in an NFCCG.

I thought Cowboys fans were all about their history because they don't have anything else, but ok, best Cowboys QB ever.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

lol

The best Cowboys QB ever has a 2-4 playoff record and never appeared in an NFCCG.

I thought Cowboys fans were all about their history because they don't have anything else, but ok, best Cowboys QB ever.

He’s easily in the argument for best cowboy QB ever and it’s scary that you still think somehow team success is the metric to measure QBs

Edit: oh NM lol no it’s not scary it makes sense

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sorry, that's not how I meant it. I meant it in terms of how quick the Cowboys fans flip flop between loving and hating him.

Talent wise, Romo is God tier compared to Dak.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Romo's competing with Don Meredith, Troy Aikman, and Roger Staubach. I think you throw out Meredith and Staubach because of the eras even though the 70s produced some QBs that might have lasted in the 90s. So it's Romo v Aikman. Both sucked. Argument solved.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Just holy poo poo with anyone thinking that Staubach wasn't the best Cowboys QB ever.

I mean god drat.

Romo is far better in the broadcast booth though if you're counting that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

Romo's competing with Don Meredith, Troy Aikman, and Roger Staubach. I think you throw out Meredith and Staubach because of the eras even though the 70s produced some QBs that might have lasted in the 90s. So it's Romo v Aikman. Both sucked. Argument solved.

yeah but Aikman sucked morely

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I never flip flopped on Romo. I’ve been calling him the best for a long time, because he was.

His skill in the announcing booth is because he was one of the best QBs to ever suit up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I never flip flopped on Romo. I've been calling him the most overrated for a long time, because he was.

His skill in the announcing booth is because he's charismatic, since he definitely was a mediocre QB.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah he's the second most overrated NFCE quarterback of the 10s

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
romo is very good, actually. You can talk playoff winning percentage all you like, but he broke the Cowboys out of their 2000s slump in spite of the management. Horrible contracts and drafts didn't stop him from keeping the team in games. He did it time and time again. He had an enormous impact on the organization. poo poo, often carried the team. Look at the comebacks. Look at the one score games that the defense blew. He made the team competitive when they had no right. Did he have a strong arm? Hell no. His quick Brees-like release, pre-snap understanding and ball placement separated him from the pack. No mediocre quarterback could do all of this as often as Romo even disregarding the rosters he played with. Hell, to call him overrated and mediocre is a willful distortion. It is a complete misunderstanding of the narrative that followed him for his entire career.

Of course, confirmation bias is a real bitch when you have to convince yourself Eli loving Manning was better.

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 22, 2019

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Dak Prescott is a good quarterback with above average accuracy and arm strength. Anticipation and pocket awareness need improving, but his mobility is rare. He is better than Flacco or Dalton, come on now. Saying he is like Dilfer is loving dumb by any metric, including the sacred eye test.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Romo would have won a ring if it weren't for Jessica Simpson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
To save time on the whole Romo v Eli debate youre all wrong and im right

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Romo was fine, Prescott is fine and Aikman was better than both of them but Roger Staubach was miles better than either by far. Someone said "forget the era" or something like that but you can't do that. If you compare Roger's numbers to the league averages at the time he played (which is how you do it), he was one of the best QB's of the 70's, period. I don't even like the guy but god drat he was good.

I think what we're seeing with Romo in the booth (and him being as good as he is at it) is that he was very smart, great at reading coverages and had all the mental things you want in a QB but probably wasn't as physically gifted as some. He also didn't have Aikmen's supporting cast.

poo poo, nobody did.

I could have won 8 games with that team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I for one accept this reality where a 70s qb with a broken back, elongated throwing motion, and a 3:2 td:int ratio is better than Tony Romo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Aikman would look worse than Bortles on this Cowboy's team, say whatever (wrong) things you like about Romo but thinking Aikman is better than him is absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Doltos posted:

I for one accept this reality where a 70s qb with a broken back, elongated throwing motion, and a 3:2 td:int ratio is better than Tony Romo

Every 70's QB had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio then. 3:2 was good, if not great. You have to rate stats relative to the norm and the league average in any sport.

For instance, here are the QB passing leaders from 1977. See if you notice anything in the TD/INT column.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1977/passing.htm

Here are Staubachs' career stats:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00.htm

Look how many bold numbers jump out and how often he led the entire league during his time. Scroll down at look at the advanced chart. Plus, that motherfucker could run.

Can't believe I'm defending Roger loving Staubach as an Eagles fan.

I should turn in my jersey.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 22, 2019