Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nobody cares about whether game freak is a "bad coder" or does hacky things or whatever, rest your swords Pokemon Knights. It just looks really ugly for a switch game on top of imo boring/bland game play. The animations are lmao levels of lazy, at least what we've seen so far

It's nothing personal or like outrage that they're not including all the Digimon. You'd have to be pretty invested to care about that, in which case this is the prettiest version of a game boy RPG yet.

Oops I forgot about DQXI. A very very distant second best? That's still pretty good for people who still like these games! Though I guess it's a bummer that let's go had more effort put into some of it's visuals since it's considered the watered down version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Maybe playing years of mostly just Monster Hunter has ruined me in terms of wanting good and weighty character animations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Plus y'all know a dragon quest monsters switch would crush your pathetic little pikablus or whatever. Now THAT would get me hot and bothered for some cutting edge turn based gameplay right outta the 80's

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

Plus y'all know a dragon quest monsters switch would crush your pathetic little pikablus or whatever. Now THAT would get me hot and bothered for some cutting edge turn based gameplay right outta the 80's

They should put every DQ spin off series on Switch, especially Rocket Slime.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Circle Nine posted:

Maybe playing years of mostly just Monster Hunter has ruined me in terms of wanting good and weighty character animations.

Eh, you want a distinctly different genre. Iga games are as much platformers as anything and more realistic movement would kinda kill the speed/fun

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The switch should remaster the dragon quest monsters games.

I loved the second one as a kid, even if they where shameless Pokémon rip offs

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should put every DQ spin off series on Switch, especially Rocket Slime.

I want then to remake dqm 1 and 2 in the dqxi engine, along with the option to switch between full 3d and retro 2d sprites (maybe ripped from the unreleased PlayStation ports?)

Dqm3 I could take or leave either way :shrug:

CharlestheHammer posted:

I loved the second one as a kid, even if they where shameless Pokémon rip offs

I like to think of them all as megaten ripoffs, where the gently caress is smtv, atlus??

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do a Rocket Slime Collection with 1 and 3 localized.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A friend of mine is one of the actual angry people that he can't catch them all in the newest Pokemon. Apparently that's a deal breaker and makes the game not worth getting.

I was just not going to get it because I haven't really enjoyed a pokemon game since Ruby

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Circle Nine posted:

You are not alone, friend. It looks pretty blah.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Circle Nine posted:

I’ve been playing MHW again and it makes me want to play portable monhun, but I just cannot go back to old style without the QOL changes. What I’m saying is, PORT ICEBORNE TO SWITCH

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

KingSlime posted:

I like to think of them all as megaten ripoffs, where the gently caress is smtv, atlus??

The devs dropped it in the Amala Network. I can't think of literally any other reason they're beening so quite about it.

E: It's probably under the couch along with Warioware and the Grandia ports.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Pollyanna posted:

Necrodancer chat. What the gently caress is up with Zone 3? The difficulty curve just turned into a cliff.

In my experience the key to zone 3 is to seek out and defeat nearby enemies as soon as possible when you first enter the level. Since it’s so open, it’s easy to get surrounded, and you need to avoid that if possible.

Other than that it isn’t too bad once you learn the new enemy patterns.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wish the Pro controller had the wii-U pro controller battery life. But I know it has a lot more going on internally

Please Nintendo let us use Bluetooth headphones already
I guess you haven’t had to deal with dualshock 4 controllers battery life

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh I have and yeah that’s just pitiful

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

oh I have and yeah that’s just pitiful

I play my PS4 way less than Xbox and Switch yet I seem to plug its controller in 3x as much as the others.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't understand why the "improved" DS4 has shittier battery life and an annoying front facing light bar

tho none of my DS4s have gotten joystick drift or charging issues so you win some you lose some

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

I play my PS4 way less than Xbox and Switch yet I seem to plug its controller in 3x as much as the others.
yeah I bought 2 dshock’s so I can switch between them they run dry so quick

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

KingSlime posted:

I don't understand why the "improved" DS4 has shittier battery life and an annoying front facing light bar

The light bar is for PS Camera/PSVR

The battery life really does blow though, but by the time the controller gives out it's time to put the game up for the day anyway

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nrook posted:

In my experience the key to zone 3 is to seek out and defeat nearby enemies as soon as possible when you first enter the level. Since it’s so open, it’s easy to get surrounded, and you need to avoid that if possible.

Other than that it isn’t too bad once you learn the new enemy patterns.

Yeah I got that at least.

Three times I found a bow or crossbow and got up to the boss before dying of some total bullshit :suicide: this loving game

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I need to get one of those joycons with a proper dpad man. Playing shovel knight is wack as hell without one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I still don't get why people don't like the separate buttons of the joycon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cojawfee posted:

I still don't get why people don't like the separate buttons of the joycon.

Because it doesn't work as well to simply slide your thumb from one position to the other with the buttons not connected. I could NOT play Celeste with the joycon d pad buttons becasue of this. When I played through it a second time with the pro controller, with his normal dpad, it was way better

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
every time i go to this thread i spend money

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Just picked up necrodancer last night and this is the first game I’ve played on switch that really requires a proper dpad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Macaluso posted:

Because it doesn't work as well to simply slide your thumb from one position to the other with the buttons not connected. I could NOT play Celeste with the joycon d pad buttons becasue of this. When I played through it a second time with the pro controller, with his normal dpad, it was way better

For me, my thumb pretty much covers all the buttons so I just have to tilt it slightly to hit another direction

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

joycons are too clicky and firm. imo. It was okay in botw but I don't like how 2D games feel with it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I pre ordered those big assed Hori joycons from Amazon last night. At this point I think Im just stockpiling shittier joycons for my daughter to use so that I can keep my for now working blue and red official ones for myself.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Coxswain Balls posted:

I had a great time playing as both Shovel and Plague Knights, but Spectre Knight could feel like a slog at times because I didn't find the controls as tight. The wall-running and dash-jumping mechanics felt a little too sticky and would often end up triggering either of them unintentionally at the worst possible times.

Diagonal dash straight into a pit is a classic

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1141075553233047553

It's interesting that it's not being developed in-house considering the polished and very "Nintendo" decision with the visual style, but Grezzo did drat good work on the 3DS (They also did Triforce Heroes and the Luigi's Mansion remake), so the game's definitely in good hands.

Also, from the interview: BOTW2 is happening because the devs had too many/too ambitious ideas for more BOTW DLC, so they decided to just turn all those ideas into a new game. So I guess it's kind of a Mario Galaxy 2 situation. Which is odd for a Zelda game, but Mario Galaxy 2 was great.

Also from the tweet replies: No plans for remakes of the Oracle games. I wonder if that'll change if the game does better than expected?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Kins posted:

Also, from the interview: BOTW2 is happening because the devs had too many/too ambitious ideas for more BOTW DLC, so they decided to just turn all those ideas into a new game. So I guess it's kind of a Mario Galaxy 2 situation. Which is odd for a Zelda game, but Mario Galaxy 2 was great.

The BOTW engine could be used throughout the lifespan of the Switch for a series of Zelda games. I don't know about exploring the exact same overworld map as BOTW but making epic dungeons and far off lands/islands to journey to would allow for a lot of variety and changes.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Grezzo kinda hosed up Majora's Mask real bad though

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bleck posted:

I disagree. I prefer most of the changes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Kins posted:

Also from the tweet replies: No plans for remakes of the Oracle games. I wonder if that'll change if the game does better than expected?

no impact. the oracle games exist in a void independent from the sales numbers of other zelda games because they are made by capcom

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bleck posted:

I enjoyed the remake but what were the changes? I don't think I noticed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They fixed a few things that speed runners used to exploit and a lot of people got all butthurt about it.

So in other words the changes were all good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the boss fights definitely got changed.

in the original, you fought Twinmold with a sword (as a giant) or normal size with a bow, in 3D you fight barehanded giant.

the fish boss (Gyorg) got changed but I forget why it was worse.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The remake's version of Goht isn't as fun because you have to occasionally stop rolling. Other than that it's good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I disagree. I prefer most of the changes.

Some are good, but the added weak points on the boss fights are loving awful. ESPECIALLY as it kills the real fun of the Goht fight; Trying to stay in wheel form all the time and sawblading the motherfucker to death :rice:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I heard the boss fights got changed for the worse, and the song of double time got a nerf. I think that was about it for the major stuff. Slightly changed side content as well.

Grezzo's output has been pretty decent overall, aside from some contention about the Majora's Mask remake. And Ever Oasis was a pretty decent and chill 3DS title.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 19, 2019