Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
t r a s h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently Maisie Williams had to tell them to tone down that chase sequence too so that's the milder version of "what if Arya but the Terminator?"

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i have literally never been so dismayed in my life

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
how did this happen

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In like two years when we get all the behind the scenes gossip is gonna be awesome. Like better than the books that will be out by then.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

In like two years when we get all the behind the scenes gossip is gonna be awesome. Like better than the books that will be out by then.
lol this is true

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i hope grrm was on set every single day, jousting passionately

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
actually i just decided to read this thread from the start, made it through the first page and realised got in its entirety was exactly what we all deserved, me, you, our society

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Solice Kirsk posted:

*GRRM waddles up to D&D and hands them a comically large bag of cash* gently caress it up, I need to get expectations down

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol remember when Arya fell through fifteen fruit stands rolling down the steps during her chase in Braavos?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nankeen posted:

actually i just decided to read this thread from the start, made it through the first page and realised got in its entirety was exactly what we all deserved, me, you, our society

Keep reading. I predicted, almost to the letter, how they would handle Cleganebowl. I'm still proud of that one.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Keep reading. I predicted, almost to the letter, how they would handle Cleganebowl. I'm still proud of that one.
cleganebowl was literally the only good thing about the ending or even really the show

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

nankeen posted:

cleganebowl was literally the only good thing about the ending or even really the show

Zombie Gregor reveal is still one of the most disappointing things ever for me, I spent years assuming he was some kind of gross dark heap of rotten flesh inside there but he looked more like a slightly bloated Old Anakin when he finally took the helmet off :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They also just gave up calling him Robert Strong and just referred to him as "the Mountain" because :effort:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

They also just gave up calling him Robert Strong and just referred to him as "the Mountain" because :effort:

"I guess Cersei kind of forgot"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Qyburn calls him ser strong in that very episode I'm pretty sure

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

To be fair, Robert Strong was a pretty dumb charade anyway, like nobody would suspect this mysterious giant fighty armor guy who never eats or sleeps and is exactly as big and strong as that other giant fighty armor guy. "This is my new champion, Ser Notgregor Livingguy"

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

They never should have revealed what the Mountain looked like, a pale giant baby, same as the one typing this post

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

nankeen posted:

i hope grrm was on set every single day, jousting passionately

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol I'm onto Blackwater and drunk Cersei is best Cersei. Wildfire scene was one hell of an explosion. Bronn and Tyrion's chat in the keep before the fight was wonderful. Tell the Hound to tell the King to tell the Hand was funny. Medieval D-Day landings are silly. They even start calling off by squads like they're modern platoons. And of course you get Hound's Saving Private Ryan scene just to seal it.
Properly calling for arrows to be loosed rather than fired.

Sallying out of the Mud Gate seemed like a bad idea but it did mean we got to see the Hound have fun. gently caress the water, BRING ME WINE. Eat poo poo, dwarf. gently caress the king.

Tyrion and Stannis have pretty lovely speeches. But Tyrion has better background music so he's more inspiring. Shame that Sansa has an awful singing voice. I like how you can see the Hound in her room for a split second before he speaks up.

Stannis perfected the art of fighting endless hordes with his back against a wall for an entire battle years before it was cool.

It's nice watching a battle with some actual strategy and tactics going on. This puts Battle of the Bastards to shame. Most of this battle was extras rather than CGI apart from the big explosion.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Properly calling for arrows to be loosed rather than fired.

They forget about this later.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

pseudanonymous posted:

They forget about this later.

Ramsay remembered.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

drunk Cersei is best Cersei.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, the only Cersei I like is Blowing Up Half The City For Revenge Only For Her Last Remaining Son To Immediately Throw Himself Out A Window, In A Scene Worthy Of Being Recut With The Curb Your Enthusiasm Theme Cersei.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Qarth turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. They had like three sets and it was so boring that Dany had the least amount of scenes of anyone in season 2.

Therefore season 2 is the best.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Honestly, the only Cersei I like is Blowing Up Half The City For Revenge Only For Her Last Remaining Son To Immediately Throw Himself Out A Window, In A Scene Worthy Of Being Recut With The Curb Your Enthusiasm Theme Cersei.

That was suicide was flat out the funniest moment in the show.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bradzilla posted:

You could probably just close the thread at this point

Maybe if it get to 500 pages. But people are talking, so whatever. Let them talk about the dead gay show.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let the thread assume it's true form. Close it until book 6 comes out or GRRM dies, whichever comes first (it's GRRM dying)

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Poor king Tommy and his deadly case of blue balls.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We still have to watch 6 seasons of the spin off so keep the thread open for now but maybe after the spin off we can close it

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Maybe if they don't get complete dickheads to helm the spinoffs they'll be good?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Or maybe it’s just a funny tv show and y’all can lighten the gently caress up about whether it’s “realistic” that a goddamn fire breathing dragon would burn a throne made of swords in its grief

Hiya pointing out that it's a fantasy show with magic and dragons, therefore nothing needs to make sense, is idiot child logic

You need to remember internal logical consistency when writing fiction or you end up with poo poo like game of gots

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Drunken Baker posted:

Maybe if they don't get complete dickheads to helm the spinoffs they'll be good?

How can they when the whole white walker issue has already been wet farted away?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Drunken Baker posted:

based on what we've seen, GRRM is somehow the only person who can make good poo poo set in this universe. and some people say even he hasn't in 19 years.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

dr.acula posted:

How can they when the whole white walker issue has already been wet farted away?

There's plenty of other weird stuff to be explored in the world. though it does seem kind of like... who cares about the origin of the white walkers if they amount to piles of shattered ice.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh poo poo, I forgot it was about the White Wankers.

Hey, I'm good at forgetting things, HBO. Give me a job!

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

i read filming has begun for the prequel

not hyped

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Captain Hygiene posted:

To be fair, Robert Strong was a pretty dumb charade anyway, like nobody would suspect this mysterious giant fighty armor guy who never eats or sleeps and is exactly as big and strong as that other giant fighty armor guy. "This is my new champion, Ser Notgregor Livingguy"

In the Books they have to pretend Clegane is dead because they send his head to Dorne to appease them for Oberyn's death.

Dorne gets overthrown by like two people in the show so they never had to go through the charade of pretending he was someone else.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Paranoid Peanut posted:

i read filming has begun for the prequel

not hyped

It's Northern Ireland's main export, you can't stop Game of Thrones. You will regret this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

In the Books they have to pretend Clegane is dead because they send his head to Dorne to appease them for Oberyn's death.

Dorne gets overthrown by like two people in the show so they never had to go through the charade of pretending he was someone else.

Makes mildly more sense than I thought, but still pretty dumb. I take it the books aren't far enough along to refer to the Jon Snow "technically I died, releasing me from all obligations :smug:" ruling as precedent for Zombie Gregor.