Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What you call maggots looks like people wrapped in toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Marshall, your heart's in the right place, but...

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh. Hugo having everyone above him on the ladder killed to take over the company makes a lot of sense.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm not really sure why Brian was that horrified about Hugo becoming the new boss. Why do we care if he's boss or not?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Well, he's kind of a murderous sadistic piece of poo poo.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Who personally hates us, and as a reminder, it’s been established that we’re too under the witch’s influence to leave while our contract is still going.

Edit: also, I know I said no spoilers, but...

Turns out the guy in the frog mask is Hugo

Bacter fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 18, 2019

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if Hugo is the one who started all this. He seems to be intentionally murdering his way to the top.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bacter posted:

Who personally hates us, and as a reminder, it’s been established that we’re too under the witch’s influence to leave while our contract is still going.

Edit: also, I know I said no spoilers, but...

Turns out the guy in the frog mask is Hugo

At this point, that seems like meaningless conjecture. We haven''t even made a scientific study on whether or not a so called "witch" exists. Let's hold back those rash accusations. For all we know for certain, Hugo is just a colleague who wanted to celebrate his birthday with his new friend and got overexcited about those rumors.

Come on now Bacter,. You don't need to be so tense about everything, just because it's your first day. Just relax for a bit.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 18, 2019

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's pretty clear that Hugo was not responsible for this, (one of the hunters mentioned their apprentice Tadpole who is obviously him), but by now he's either directly working for the witch or has just managed to use her to murder his way to the top and make himself the king of the company.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
And we STILL don't know where or who the Witch is!

AM's explanation gave us some help, sure, but Domori and Rei are both probably dead!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
What I want to know is how Hugo is getting away with all this poo poo without also getting whacked by the witch...

Either he is a familiar or he has some way of avoiding her attention.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Still holding onto my "Hugo is a lazy serial killer unaffiliated with the Witch" theory.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I kinda wonder if the witch isn't Hugo's creation somehow, and this is all a Scooby Doo plot. He's even got a mask!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Glimpse posted:

I kinda wonder if the witch isn't Hugo's creation somehow, and this is all a Scooby Doo plot. He's even got a mask!

Ah, so he dosed the punch at the party with brown acid

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What if the real witch is the friends we made along the way?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

life_source posted:

Still holding onto my "Hugo is a lazy serial killer unaffiliated with the Witch" theory.

Hugo figured out that feeding hunters to the Witch was easier than witch hunting and applied to the Treachery Department.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Man, I can't imagine how confused I'd be without that plot dump from activating all the shrines.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Slaan posted:

What if the real witch is the friends we made along the way?

I mean, considering all the stuff going on with headless lady easter eggs and robots drinking devil blood, that might actually be the case.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well, assuming the Hexenhammer is at all accurate, it did mention that witches can take on new bodies. So the question might not be 'who is the witch' but 'who is the witch at this moment, and will they still be by the time it's figured out.'

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Hugo is the witch?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think Hugo is hedging his bets on all fronts

He was an apprentice Witch hunter and noped the hell out of there when his team failed to kill her the first time around

He's helping the witch now, under the guise of his "cover story" position in the company, and he has three options

1) Help the witch and become CEO because he's the last man standing

2) Get possessed by the witch and get access to the power at its source

3) Wait quietly for the witch to get killed and then claim he was being thralled or otherwise controlled

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Boy, I sure hope something happens that answers a lot of these questions! Maybe... soon?

After all, I'm excited to find out what's really going on, behind the masks!

(loading, give a few minutes for processing etc.)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, I think this may be the first time a villain has given their tragic backstory and I went "I don't care, you're still an rear end" that I'm sure was on-purpose from the devs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"I'm...The Devil"

Huh. You don't say.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
That was some really swell acting(?) for sprites. In absence of any other worldbuilding, R is twice as far from G as G is from A.

After the last update I couldn't wait and looked at the clips of some random yell-over-the-text youtuber, who actually managed to pull off that theft on the first try, gently caress up something else that was incredibly, easy, savescum, and then get caught. Besides that they accomplished less in 90 minutes than you did in one update. They did, however, have the presence of mind to take five during the party massacre to microwave some pizza.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Man, I feel bad. Off hand, I can remember Chapman and Rostov's names for sure, and I think I remember Malone's, but I can't for the life of me remember Sosa's or Doshi's. :(

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LightningSquid posted:

Man, I feel bad. Off hand, I can remember Chapman and Rostov's names for sure, and I think I remember Malone's, but I can't for the life of me remember Sosa's or Doshi's. :(

I know Sosa's (Marta) and Doshi's (Inay), as well as Chapman's, but I forgot Rostov's and Malone's.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Those "witch sounds" are quite reminiscent of the sound the ghost makes in Ju-on. Not sure if it's intentional, but hey, if you're going to reference something, that's a good choice.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

tomanton posted:

They did, however, have the presence of mind to take five during the party massacre to microwave some pizza.

I genuinely didn’t know you could, and I’m mad at myself for not trying. What do you mean “don’t rob the emotional peak of the game so far of it’s impact?” I mean, yes it WOULD, but it would be pretty funny!

Antistar01 posted:

Those "witch sounds" are quite reminiscent of the sound the ghost makes in Ju-on. Not sure if it's intentional, but hey, if you're going to reference something, that's a good choice.

I’m sure it is. And I genuinely think the balloons ARE an It reference. The game has a lot of subtle fun nods.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 21, 2019

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I don't exactly know how this game turns out, but I imagine that getting the dagger is optional and would probably have some consequences further on.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Bacter posted:

I genuinely didn’t know you could, and I’m mad at myself for not trying. What do you mean “don’t rob the emotional peak of the game so far if it’s impact?” I mean, yes it WOULD, but it would be pretty funny!

I’m sure it is. And I genuinely think the balloons ARE an It reference. The game has a lot of subtle fun nods.

The baby stroller might be a Rosemary's Baby reference as well.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah this society is increasingly more horrific to hear about.

...Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder if Class-R not having a real 'name' would actually come in handy when dealing with the witch, considering that names seems to BE important.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I'm curious about the ending you get if you leave with that pink slip. Are you going to show that ending off later?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I plan on showing off all the endings. The main LP will have one of the completionist endings. We’ll be making a choice later!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Shank him

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Most games would reserve the Witch's fashionably late entrance for the finale, but Yuppie Psycho still has a ton left for you to do. I like that.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Hugo makes all the sense to me. He's just using all the tools he has to get to the top, and destroys everyone that'd even remotely get in his way. Him having the dagger really does explain to me how he survived all this time despite doing things that are legitimately dangerous.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Is it possible to have that villain talk with Hugo and after that still snatching the athame from him?
Or are those exclusive endgame states?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

OutofSight posted:

Is it possible to have that villain talk with Hugo and after that still snatching the athame from him?
Or are those exclusive endgame states?

I should try - back when I played, if you talked to him he stayed put and stopped hopping, but I got the impression from reading the community comments that was a bug and might be fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Out of curiosity, can you swipe the Athame and then talk to him?