Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, apparently, I won a Marvel Future Fight Sweepstakes. I think it's because I responded to something on their Twitter.

So I get a notice telling me I'm a glap GAMEPAD GIVEAWAY WINNER! I just have to return a notarized affidavit asserting I'm of legal age.

I don't know what a glap GAMEPAD is.

Then I get an email 16 minutes later telling me to disregard that previous email, but instead I'm a 4TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY SWEEPSTAKES WINNER! So the prize is no longer identified... except in the body of the email, it mentions a generic "prize" but then still mentions distributing glap gamepads to the winners. So maybe the glap gamepad people didn't pay enough to have their product mentioned in the subject line?

Then I get an email 26 minutes after that remembering to actually attach the affidavit that I need to get notarized.

I guess I was hoping I'd get crystals or T3 tickets or something. But maybe I'll like a glap Gamepad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
No in game giveaway will require you to get poo poo fuckin notarized

This is a scam

At least it wasnt a glomp gamepad

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I don't know what a glap gamepad is, but according to Reddit that's legit, believe it or not.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Turns out the giveaway is a gift bag with a t shirt and schwag stuff and then coupons for in game stuff. But it's not a lot of in-game stuff at once. It's one coupon for a thing each month for a year according to the validity dates of each one.

There's also a creepy paragraph in the affidavit.

"I hereby agree that the Sponsor and its agent shall have the right to use in perpetuity my name, likeness, voice, statements, city and state of residence, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, without notice to me and without further compensation or obligation, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in any manner whatsoever, to advertise or promote the Promotion, the Sponsor, its products and services, and for any other purpose."

And for some reason, if I lived in Tennessee, I'd be able to remove this paragraph and still get the prize.

I'm tempted to remove it anyway. I mean, I've given them no voice or video or statements beyond "I like MODOK!" on my Twitter account, and I don't expect Netmarble to exist in perpetuity nor do I think "for any other purpose" will necessarily include anything scandalous, and this is boilerplate Cover Your rear end language. But it's creepy anyway.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 19, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do you have to do something special to realize a native t2 characters potential? I finished the X-men epic quest and got a full powered wolverine but he hasn’t gotten any potential increases from doing the world boss challenge.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do you have to do something special to realize a native t2 characters potential? I finished the X-men epic quest and got a full powered wolverine but he hasn’t gotten any potential increases from doing the world boss challenge.

Have you leveled up all of his gear as well?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So there's a Collector's Vault thing happening in 16 minutes. Not sure how exactly it works, but it looks like the first 1500 people who hit it up at launch get 4 pretty amazing things for 50K gold each. 6* Mega Rank Up Ticket, T2 Ticket, CTP of Veteran and Mythic Uniform Upgrade Mega Ticket. Not sure if it's going to vanish immediately or not, but it should be fun to try. And by fun I mean LOAD DAMMIT.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

If it's like every other time, you won't get in...but if you do, you get a *chance* to get these things.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Every slot will be taken in literally less than a second.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It's not what I thought. I'm in, but it's just randomly throwing 50K gold at junk but making you feel like you're supposed to be trying to do something. The vault is open for an hour. I've been at it for 10 minutes. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing. THere's a needle going back and forth. Like I'm supposed to line it up with something, but it doesn't line up with the big prize. Am I supposed to sit here and throw gold at it for an hour?

EDIT: No. Basically it's like a giant slot machine. 1500 people throwing poo poo-tons of gold and picking up knick-knacks - 5 Type things, 5 Chaos Norns, 15 Regualr Norns, 20 GUKs, 20 Debris, etc. - for each toss until one person out of the 1500 wins the big prize, which closes the vault. I don't know if it closes all four vaults at the same time or not. I blew 8 million gold + learning the lesson here, which is "Collector's Vaults are dumb."

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 20, 2019

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm curious why they are dumping so many gold sinks on us. I guess the long time players may have too much built up. The collectors vault and the event store can both burn through your coins pretty quick and they keep bringing them back lately.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Steve Vader posted:

Have you leveled up all of his gear as well?

That was it, I thought his gear was leveling up with him.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I got in on one this morning, and it wasn't too bad. I didn't get the big item, but I got a ton of norns, GUKs, dimension debris, and some cosmic cube fragments. Not a great use of gold, but I generally hover around 100 million, so I'm not gonna run out anytime soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was having a near perfect, largely autorun, week on Timeline and then today I was getting my butt whooped. So I took a closer look and, oh, looks like the T3 Jeans have arrived.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

STAC Goat posted:

I was having a near perfect, largely autorun, week on Timeline and then today I was getting my butt whooped. So I took a closer look and, oh, looks like the T3 Jeans have arrived.

Only 1000 more CCF until I can upgrade mine! :shepicide:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I stupidly T3ed Magneto a few weeks back out of impulse or else I'd have been able to get Jean up yesterday/today too. So now I'm way behind on like every requirement.

Ah well. I just have to resist the urge to work up anyone else and use up T3 resources. Luckily I can't imagine any really exciting T3 coming out of the Spider-Man: Far From Home update. Maybe they throw us a wildcard on that one or bump someone random.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I stupidly T3ed Magneto a few weeks back out of impulse or else I'd have been able to get Jean up yesterday/today too. So now I'm way behind on like every requirement.

Ah well. I just have to resist the urge to work up anyone else and use up T3 resources. Luckily I can't imagine any really exciting T3 coming out of the Spider-Man: Far From Home update. Maybe they throw us a wildcard on that one or bump someone random.

smdh at this disrespect for mysterio

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm a couple of days away from T3 Jean. I'm short whatever mat it is that is easier to get than the cosmic cube fragments but is also used for gearing up. I got Thanos and Iron Man to 4x25 before the x-men patch hit, burning through my stockpile. Though actually once I have the mats I may be short the gold if I'm not careful, I just dropped under a mil today after wasting too much in the recent gold sinks and by T2ing someone every few days the long way.

I did get lucky and got the "win 40 timeline battles in a row" achievement with autoplay. T3 Deadpool starter, T2 70 4x25 Jean and T3 Captain Marvel on cleanup. Glad I got that before the T3 jeans were more common. I should have checked to see if there was a win 50 but then I'd probably screw it up playing manually anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I fell JUST short of the 40 yesterday because my phone crashed during a battle. It was very disappointing.

And yeah, I've been working that maxxed T2 Jean, T3 Deadpool, and T3 Marvel too Its been a dominant team even on autorun. But now that they're basically dealing 50/50 against T3 Jeans. Ah well. Back to not really caring what happens in Timeline except when the Heroic Quest makes me care.

My gold's sitting around 20M these days. I've been trying to T3 everyone naturally. I have like 5 non premium characters left so its just a matter of every 4-5 days when I rack up the Chaos Stones. I'm resisting spending gold anywhere else except Jean, Bishop, and Magick (who I picked out of Gambit, Weapon Hex, Jubiliee, and Juggernaut to give my XGenes since she seemed like the weakest of the bunch so the most to gain from a T2 bump). I got Jean maxxed and will T2 Bishop today when I get the Phoenix Feathers so I'm just gonna save for awhile and see what comes next.

And I'm at 5000 crystals so I'm ALMOST in reach of Psylocke and Styfe.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 20, 2019

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m like 40 CCs from T3ing Jean and have been greatly tempted to T3 Carol the whole time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T3 Carol is definitely a more deserving temptation than my T3 Magneto was.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

smdh at this disrespect for mysterio

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I got bumped down to Platinum league last week and I'm currently stomping through it. I'm pretty surprised how few Stryfes I see even really high up in the rankings. He's really good! I've seen him beat T3 Jeans.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My Deadpool runs over Stryfe, as do my T3 Spidey, Quicksilver, Jean, Witch, and Marvel. So I imagine he's just matched up poorly. I'm usually pretty happy when I see him because I know Deadpool can just make quick work of him.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Maybe I'm the only one with a good Stryfe then. :colbert:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The biggest determinant of how someone performs in high tiers imo is whether they have some source of itgb

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

stryfe suffers a bit post-captain marvel cos shes never ever banned so timeline squads are effectively teams of two plus captain marvel now. so everyone uses doom or jean for the ignore debuff and then the third slot is t3 thanos or deadpool or spiderman or whoever, who cares, cos captain marvel is gonna kill everyone anyway

i did used to use stryfe tho and he was not bad at all, and mine had level 20 gear i think

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I had been running timeline on auto all this week because life.
Then it popped up that I had gotten win 35 consecutive PVP fights. Suddenly I started manually playing PVP so I could get to the win 40 fights part.

I ran two fights yesterday, and then decided to not do any more. But wait for the tournament to finish, so I’d get a free easy win in the morning. So strange since my team of T3 Deadpool, T3 CM and T2 Level 70 Jean seemed to be doing fine destroying all challenges so far.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've started playing the game. I got a Tier 2 Sharon already and that was a good suggestion. Even sprung for the daily Biometrics/X-Gene deals.

Now I will continue to work on leveling up Sharon's teammates Silk and Spider-Gwen in WHAT I AM SURE is a top tier team.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Who are you using your bio sub on?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Dawgstar posted:

I've started playing the game. I got a Tier 2 Sharon already and that was a good suggestion. Even sprung for the daily Biometrics/X-Gene deals.

Now I will continue to work on leveling up Sharon's teammates Silk and Spider-Gwen in WHAT I AM SURE is a top tier team.

you're playing the game right and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Dave posted:

Who are you using your bio sub on?

Gwenpool. The X-Gene I bounce around on.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah there’s like two sides of that coin.

One side is just enjoy yourself none of it matters.

The other side is you should spent your paid bios on characters you can’t farm. You can farm gwenpool through special missions and she’s also nothing super top tier.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Dave posted:

Yeah there’s like two sides of that coin.

One side is just enjoy yourself none of it matters.

The other side is you should spent your paid bios on characters you can’t farm. You can farm gwenpool through special missions and she’s also nothing super top tier.

Really? The opening post said she only came through Dimensional Shifters which is really random.

Oh, I sent a request to Marble Hebrons. Name is Dawgstar3000.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sure it’s not guaranteed and it’ll be a grind, but at the end of the day you can get her to T2 for free versus uses the sub to get characters that are pay only.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It just takes forever. I've been working on Gwenpool and Inferno for many months now. Gwen is at 60 and Inferno at 55, but then leveling up gear is another forever. I'm tempted every time I get selectors to knock them out just to be done, but since I've taken to auto playing Special Missions to level up uniforms, I might as well keep up with the farming process.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah definitely always autoplay your special missions instead of instant clearing them

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you’re paying for subs it’s at least worth unlocking pay only characters at 1 star to maybe use tickets on in the future, that’s how it works right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I unlock everyone with the pay subs so I have those options when I get tickets.

Dawgstar posted:

Really? The opening post said she only came through Dimensional Shifters which is really random.

Its less random with the Special Mission shifters (Gwenpool, Inferno, Vulture) and the Epic Quest shifters (Clea, Victorious, Colossus). In a regular stage its a crap shoot of whether you get a shifter and who that shifter is. But in their cases if you do a New Avengers mission then its a crap shoot if you get a shifter but if you do it will 100% be Gwenpool. Its still slow but its manageable and something you can control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

i clicked it, youre in