Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Game's good. I wish the platform edges were a bit more clearly defined.

I wonder how many backers died waiting for release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What the heck drops Beast Milk? It's completely bottlenecking my cooking grandma quests because I've never seen a single one, and I need it to make some White Sauce.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Infinity Gaia posted:

What the heck drops Beast Milk? It's completely bottlenecking my cooking grandma quests because I've never seen a single one, and I need it to make some White Sauce.

Zagan does, it's like a cow with wings or something?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

When I first saw that ingredient I read it as Breast Milk and was like what the hell do I get that off a succubus enemy or something?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I am similarly hunting for milk

I know I've seen zagans before, the archive is telling me they're in the garden of silence but gently caress if I'm actually seeing any there

edit: they're on the right side, past the carriage ride

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 19, 2019

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Anyone know where the recipe for curry is?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thanks for the farm location tip because oof I was wondering about that. I guess it would be worthwhile to go back to the ship too!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Social Animal posted:

Anyone know where the recipe for curry is?

In the waterfall room, underground. You almost certainly need the double jump.

Rather, in a room that directly connects to the waterfall room, at the top.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This game owns. I just fought an early man sized boss and learned a lot about mechanics. I actually started again at the ship. I really like the art now, it all pops really hard even if the design isn't always my cup of tea.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Infinity Gaia posted:

you might not, actually

stick to the right side of the waterfall as you fall, I think you can make it into some of the alcoves without double jumping. there is a very suspicious chair just begging to be sat in

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder what starting a fresh file on Nightmare will feel like.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, I'm stuck. I have double jump and the deflector beam, I've killed dracula geles and took a considerably longer time to kill Bloodless. I remember that Dominique said that I needed to kill a blood-absorbing demon to proceed, but killing Bloodless doesn't seem to have unlocked anything?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The shard magic in this game is super OP. I just beat the twin doggo boss by unloading Rank 7 True Shot arrows point blank while chugging some ether potions.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hello this game is good

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I've made it all the way to beating Zangetsu the second time, and i've gotten his sword, but I have no idea where to cut the moon. My first guess didn't work out, so anyone got any pointers on where to go?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Funny that PS4 users are complaining about long loading times - I got the opposite problem on PC, the load time is so short I am unable to read the load screen hints!

Also, where do I find the Bloodless?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Shoehead posted:

Hello this game is good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ymgve posted:

Funny that PS4 users are complaining about long loading times - I got the opposite problem on PC, the load time is so short I am unable to read the load screen hints!

Also, where do I find the Bloodless?

Northeast section of the cathedral. After that where to go is a :shrug:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

About after Bloodless: There was a suspicious room with a downwards path visible on the minimap that was inaccessible pretty early on in the castle. Do you remember why that downwards path was not accessible?
Outright answer: Blood pool room in Entrance, just use the ability gained from Bloodless.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinity Gaia posted:

About after Bloodless: There was a suspicious room with a downwards path visible on the minimap that was inaccessible pretty early on in the castle. Do you remember why that downwards path was not accessible?
Outright answer: Blood pool room in Entrance, just use the ability gained from Bloodless.

Ohhh, I was assuming that was a situation that I was going to need to swim downwards.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

SirSamVimes posted:

Northeast section of the cathedral. After that where to go is a :shrug:

Where? I can't find anyone named that there. Only the boss room the glass shard boss I defeated a long time ago.

edit: Just found an area I can reach with the laser that I didn't think was possible without an upgrade. Exploration time!

ymgve fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 19, 2019

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh wow thanks I forgot about underground. Not sure if I can go yet though since I float on the water. Can you dive? I do have double jump though so I'll check it tomorrow.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I've been hit by the "chest opened before you got there" bug that's killed my ability to progress. Google tells me nothing: I'm guessing it's restart and hope it doesn't happen again?

This really sucks. I was really enjoying this.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Played about 5 hours so far, having a real blast. I'm a real fan of the classic style of using knives and just crouch-mashing in front of the enemy. The mini-Crissaegrim weapon is also really fun, even if it's not super broken. Standout souls so far are Summon Bat and Welcome Company. But I'm currently stuck trying to figure out how to get my picture taken since i can't find the silver bromide and I think I've explored every inch of what I have available, I spoke to O.D. and he said he could make a pass for me but can't find those camera parts :(

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So I went into the secret Iga 8 bit room and man it's rough! I've only gotten the bad ending so far so maybe I'm undergeared/leveled for this area but the boss in there just won't die. I think that's where the Iga boss is too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am certain that one of the hair styles in this game is Just Shanoa.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Does the chest bug only happen if you patch and load an existing save or does it affect new game as well?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ImpAtom posted:

My favorite thing so far is that as soon as I got the double jump I was able to sequence break the everliving poo poo out of the game, to the point where I actually got a bit lost trying to figure out where it wanted me to go because I was doing everything else instead.

My MVP spell so far is Bunnymorphisis which seems stupid but absolutely shits out damage when you go full Chun-Li

funnily enough due to some lucky drops i was able to upgrade that shard quite a bit even after crafting a couple outfit pieces using them as well and uhhhhhhhhh it turns out that turning into a weird demonic playboy bunny is now like my most outright powerful means of making GBS threads out damage

i'm not sure what all extra moves it unlocks yet other than the repeated kick combo and being able to throw knives/daggers, though

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Merilan posted:

Played about 5 hours so far, having a real blast. I'm a real fan of the classic style of using knives and just crouch-mashing in front of the enemy. The mini-Crissaegrim weapon is also really fun, even if it's not super broken. Standout souls so far are Summon Bat and Welcome Company. But I'm currently stuck trying to figure out how to get my picture taken since i can't find the silver bromide and I think I've explored every inch of what I have available, I spoke to O.D. and he said he could make a pass for me but can't find those camera parts :(

Iirc, you can find the silver bromide after the boss in the clock tower.

Edit: Also I'm really trying to like Bloodbringer, but Silver Knight is just so much better in every single way that I don't see any reason to use them.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Pad or keyboard?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
There was a grabbable platform in the Hand room that broke when I was fighting it and then didn't respawn so I can't get back up to the right or left... is that a bug and am I hosed?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
A game released after 2016 where the death penalty is just "welp bye fucko hope you had a save?" Goddamn this poo poo is the best kind of old school.

Also I'm getting a serious La Mulana vibe from some of the music.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Fuzz posted:

There was a grabbable platform in the Hand room that broke when I was fighting it and then didn't respawn so I can't get back up to the right or left... is that a bug and am I hosed?

No, it's just a 'remember to come back with more skills'.

I wonder if it's possible to win the fight from the right side platforms and grab the loot early, though?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Un

Deux

gently caress, Un

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

My favorite thing so far is that as soon as I got the double jump I was able to sequence break the everliving poo poo out of the game, to the point where I actually got a bit lost trying to figure out where it wanted me to go because I was doing everything else instead.

How is this “sequence breaking” and not just “exploration”? How do you know you’re doing things in the wrong order if you’ve never played the game?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I am a durable rag away from having three pieces of bunny gear and this might not actually do anything, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a scientific breakthrough

(I have never seen a durable rag)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am a durable rag away from having three pieces of bunny gear and this might not actually do anything, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a scientific breakthrough

(I have never seen a durable rag)

Kill the jumping archer assholes.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Fuzz posted:

Kill the jumping archer assholes.

do they drop durable rags

or is it only... dreadful rags

their fourth drop is still question marks on my screen so I actually don't know

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Goddamn this game is fantastic so far. The only questionable design choice so far was, as mentioned by like 5 people, portion after the Bloodless. The puzzle afterwards is cool, but the fact that you need to collect a shard is loving ridiculous. Shopkeeper, who usually gives hints when you don't need them, doesn't even mention it, and there are no other places like that so far. I've been doing a Luck run, keeping my stats somewhat up-to-date but focusing on my luck a lot, and only on my third trip through the cavern, after I went through the entire castle with the Eye shard which lets me see secret walls I accidentally found it. Definitely didn't feel satisfying at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

okay, to anyone who just got the doublejump and is stuck as to where to go:

after you beat the twin dragons boss you get the silver bromide in a chest at the bottom of the tower which you need to get your picture taken at the shop. it turns out this is used for making a passcard to get to the train that's located at the bottom of the twin dragon bossfight arena. the leap of logic here is that you have to go talk to the librarian in livre ex machina who will turn the photo into said passcard.

it could honestly stand to be a bit less obtuse in a sense, because i don't have much reason to go visit the librarian often and don't have a reason to assume he'd magically know how to get past the barrier.

The Librarian told me about that the second time I talked to him. I'd previously been told by the shop lady that I needed the thing they had to get into the train.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In one of the early tutorial messages the game mentions that if you upgrade a yellow passive shard to rank 9 it becames a permanently-active "skill shard" instead that works without having to be equipped.
Anyway I realized that feature existed a few hours in and immediately went broke spending all my resources on ranking up all my yellow shards.
Wait what? poo poo, I'm gonna go upgrade the anti-poison one a few more notches then, and put more effort into upgrading the others

exquisite tea posted:

The shard magic in this game is super OP. I just beat the twin doggo boss by unloading Rank 7 True Shot arrows point blank while chugging some ether potions.
My True Arrow just hit rank 9, the maximum. :getin: I need to figure out where the best room to farm more copies of it to crank its power up more is. It's been my go-to for just instantly killing tougher/annoying enemies for a while now.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

do they drop durable rags

or is it only... dreadful rags

their fourth drop is still question marks on my screen so I actually don't know
Kill the palette swap jumping archer assholes

Anyway, I personally am having a problem: I keep dying against the vampire lady boss. What does that boss resist and what are they weak to? Any gear or soul recommendations? I'm using the book familiar, while wielding my sword familiar as a weapon. I also don't have a lot of money because it all goes into cooking for those sweet, sweet stat boosts.