Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

What if we're the ones who have been in the ice the whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Over Easy posted:

What if we're the ones who have been in the ice the whole time?

I mean geologically speaking we're in a pretty icy point in the planet's history. Really nowhere to go but up!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/1139863647310794753
Noice

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Over Easy posted:

I hope there is cool alien poo poo like a stargate or an ancient preindustial dinosaur civilization under the ice

it's all just poo gas now

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lmao get owned, climate :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYC_LUZux4

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
is the good news that this speeds up the timetable for florida being underwater?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

is the good news that this speeds up the timetable for florida being underwater?

that's bad news because it just means everywhere else will have to deal with millions of Floridians

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut Butler posted:

that's bad news because it just means everywhere else will have to deal with millions of Floridians

Not if we treat them like we treat other refugees!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Addamere posted:

It's old white people, they'll shove their way to the front of the line and every republican and most democrats will praise them for it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Xaris posted:

yeah i live in berkeley and it was pretty bad this week. none of the buildings here have AC because they were all built in the 1900s - 1970s back when temps were mostly 50f-75f (max) all year round.

i just bought a $$ portable AC unit (fridigair gallery) before the mad dash to get them because gently caress it' going to be an insanely bad summer and also i live on the second floor. gunna be a crazy wildfire summer. get your masks and air filtration units ready. i hope everyone has stocked up on masks

I'm mask prepared for this summer in PNW after last summer when my eyes watered and I coughed and had a hard time breathing for several weeks.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
As a Washingtonian I'm going to have to ask you to stay in California.

*looks at the current state of Seattle* Ah gently caress

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have two hepa filters and a portable ac and boxes of masks. But I still feel like I'm not ready.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

D1Sergo posted:

build the northern southern and eastern border walls around portland imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

We already wrote off Puerto Rico, the Midwest, and the victims of the California wildfires

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i need to stop reading the actual climate change thread this one owns that one just makes me want to kill myself

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

i need to stop reading the actual climate change thread this one owns that one just makes me want to kill myself

See, the thing to remember about climate change is it's gonna save you the effort of killing yourself so you can just lol and lmao into the void with all of us

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

I'm mask prepared for this summer in PNW after last summer when my eyes watered and I coughed and had a hard time breathing for several weeks.

D1Sergo posted:

Yeah, we are megadoomed. California going to completely empty out, and North is the only option.

Al! posted:

Big rear end Sandwiches closed years ago. Let the city burn.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paramemetic posted:

See, the thing to remember about climate change is it's gonna save you the effort of killing yourself so you can just lol and lmao into the void with all of us

lol i live somewhere that will probably just turn into fascist island and personally into florida while everyone else dies lmao

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

edit: can’t get my link to work on mobile :mad:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

lol i live somewhere that will probably just turn into fascist island and personally into florida while everyone else dies lmao

Just you wait til the Jose-seeking hurricanes start hitting every month regardless of the calendar cycle!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Al! posted:

they'll land on the beaches

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Paramemetic posted:

you know, that's an angle I hadn't considered

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RasmusTonboe/status/1139504201615237120
Parts of Greenland 40°f above normal

And for years now has been melting faster than the "worse case" 8.5 rcp predictions
https://twitter.com/Lacertko/status/1140163969493217280

Fuck You And Diebold has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Jun 18, 2019

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

And for years now has been melting faster than the "worse case" 8.5 rcp predictions
https://twitter.com/Lacertko/status/1140163969493217280

If the models are that far off in that direction then what if they're just as far off in the other direction and we end up with some nice, cool years next decade? :smuggo:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

It rules reading about californians needing air conditioning for the one month out of the year when i got my swamp cooler on

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Jose posted:

Speaking of, I tried to check the climate change thread for the first time in a while last night and got a "you do not have permission to access this page" error. What's going on there?

e: this is the old thread I'm talking about (it looks like there's a new one). Did it get SO depressing that it had to be pruned from the servers entirely?

Cygna has issued a correction as of 12:19 on Jun 19, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it floated away off of jose’s plugged drain flooded balcony

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
iirc the old one got a little too... direct actiony

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Meanwhile in southern California it's ten degrees cooler than normal here and the typical June gloom isn't burning off in the afternoon like it's supposed to

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

lmao at the sudden jump at the end of the line

rebound over-correction from Krakatoa-related cooling

I made that up

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

have you cnosidered that it's cool in the US though

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

zegermans posted:

have you cnosidered that it's cool in the US though

Ya the spring in Minnesota has been amazing. I'll take whatever respite from the humid heat we normally get by now for as long as it lasts

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratspeaker posted:

Speaking of, I tried to check the climate change thread for the first time in a while last night and got a "you do not have permission to access this page" error. What's going on there?

e: this is the old thread I'm talking about (it looks like there's a new one). Did it get SO depressing that it had to be pruned from the servers entirely?

People were discussing direct action and it turns out all the hooting and hollering from C-SPAM is (only allowed to be) empty rhetoric because that got it shut the gently caress down for being too anti-decorum.

It's in a hidden mods-only forum so no one outside SA can stumble upon it and try to hold the forum responsible or some other legal nonsense.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Ya the spring in Minnesota has been amazing. I'll take whatever respite from the humid heat we normally get by now for as long as it lasts

fresh coast best coast

it's going to be a shame when the rest of the country figures it out

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

if you're referring to the PNW, too late. lol

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

nah, great lakes

the winters are a feature, not a bug

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spergin Morlock posted:

if you're referring to the PNW, too late. lol

he said fresh coast for a reason

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

he said fresh coast for a reason

i guess i had no idea what 'fresh coast' meant.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spergin Morlock posted:

i guess i had no idea what 'fresh coast' meant.

it's a joke about freshwater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's a joke about freshwater

yea it makes sense. i just hadn't heard it before.