Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
This is getting some of the most positive feedback I've ever gotten on something I've written, so that's nice?

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1140637505106169856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

This is getting some of the most positive feedback I've ever gotten on something I've written, so that's nice?

WWE really missed the memo that the theme of this year's Pride is burying rainbow capitalism.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

davidbix posted:

I forgot Warrior's surname used to be Hellwig, which was already a great name for the ring and thus wasted on him. I really couldn't forget he was such a huge piece of poo poo

Also why is your avatar next to your byline Big Show and not GMG Union, Bix??? :colbert:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Autism Sneaks posted:

Also why is your avatar next to your byline Big Show and not GMG Union, Bix??? :colbert:
Because I'm a freelancer, not part of the staff/WGAE unit/union. And it's not like I'm a misclassified freelancer, either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

This is a great little 15 minute read with a lot of attribution so there's hours of jump off content.

I think what he article misses is that WWE's charity work like all its other programs are designed to "win" in that space. They want to be the best at charity because that's what cool legit rich people do. And the McMahons are desperate for legitimacy.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

I think what he article misses is that WWE's charity work like all its other programs are designed to "win" in that space. They want to be the best at charity because that's what cool legit rich people do. And the McMahons are desperate for legitimacy.
I don't think I really missed that, though? Unless you mean just going deeper into the "legitimacy" part.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

I don't think I really missed that, though? Unless you mean just going deeper into the "legitimacy" part.

I guess it wasn't spelled out blatantly enough for me. That is a personal failing. The legitimacy quest is central of the McMahon family action. Vince particularly. If he ever talks about a failing, its usually to illustrate a learning experience but you can tell its through gritted teeth.

Plus the dumb sneezing thing. Like what the gently caress.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
One time Vince poo poo his pants trying to blast a fart on someone either right before or while being on screen and they had to male sure not to shoot him from the waist down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

One time Vince poo poo his pants trying to blast a fart on someone either right before or while being on screen and they had to male sure not to shoot him from the waist down

Isn't this the time that he then went backstage and played off like he did it on purpose, leading to him chasing Pat Patterson around with his lovely underpants on the end of a stick?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rarity posted:

Isn't this the time that he then went backstage and played off like he did it on purpose, leading to him chasing Pat Patterson around with his lovely underpants on the end of a stick?

Maybe

Maybe there's two Vince poo poo his pants stories

I also like the one where a guy thought he bombed an interview for writing job and went to the bathroom on the way out and he heard someone ripping just the worst shits ever and bc he was in a bad mood he's like HEY HOW ABOUR A COURTESY FLUSH

and there's a beat of silence

And then Vince starts howling with laughter

Guy got hired on the spot

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Maybe

I also like the one where a guy thought he bombed an interview for writing job and went to the bathroom on the way out and he heard someone ripping just the worst shits ever and bc he was in a bad mood he's like HEY HOW ABOUR A COURTESY FLUSH

That's Todd Pettengill.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Maybe

it's incredible how many making GBS threads stories there are in pro wrestling, like logically it has to be all the protein they eat but realistically it makes zero sense why it's such a common thing

sting taking a poo poo under a ring while waiting for the end of the show is my favorite, I have no idea if it's true or not but it sure is funny

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Foley did it more than once

One time it was a show where they lost power and he thought it was because he had kicked over something or spilled his poo poo bucket on it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bad diets, drugs, and getting hit in the gut should do it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wasn't it Lex Luger that poo poo under the ring and left it there for the guys who had to hide under the ring and attack him?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EHUg_ClPdA

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Pretty sure there's at least one Warrior making GBS threads under the ring story from all the times in WCW he had to hide there so he could "suddenly" appear in the ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CM Punk is a poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He pooped his pants on television

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

coconono posted:

Wasn't it Lex Luger that poo poo under the ring and left it there for the guys who had to hide under the ring and attack him?

Curt Hennig.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-most-hilarious-wwe-superstar-pranks?page=9

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsWWE/status/1141958061860491265?s=19

i found out from simpsons meme twitter that the flabby racist is actually hurt, will be out over 6 months, and i couldnt be happier

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope his leg falls off and he bleeds to death. Such is the fate of all traitors.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/1145093495389970432?s=19 watch kane with me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zack Sabre JR vs Kane in an exploding barbed wire deathmatch please

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

but fyter fest!!!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but fyter fest!!!!

i posted first :colbert:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus he's become drew carey

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fyter Fest is great. A dude covered himself in baby oil and got suplexed into a stack of arcade buttons after hitting a CEO in the face with a Gamecube controller

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jesus he's become drew carey

kane is hilariously unintimidating without the mask. and his strawberry blonde brillo pad hair

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you're day starts with yelling ALL LIVES MATTER and ends with you vocally doubting the very jewish looking wrestler is really jewish, you might be Trey Miguel.

Wrestling is magic sometimes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

everything in this ad is dead

e: okay exactly one thing in this ad is dead

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 20:08 on Jul 8, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Ahem, noon is very much hanging in there as a valid time measurement :colbert:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rip Coquitlam BC, I'm guessing a direct meteor strike

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

Ahem, noon is very much hanging in there as a valid time measurement :colbert:

decimal time or death

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The toys r us coquitlam still exists. I drive past it to work nearly every day.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

goddamnit canadians i know you're ten years behind us but i didn't realize this extended to bankrupt companies as well. had i known i would have had one of you short lehman brothers last year for me

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1148267208830849026?s=19

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ahhhhhh poo poo. I cant wait to find out the rest of the rascalz are dipshit sami Callahan jrs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sami is good now. Last night after he beat up a woman he gave her a golden baseball bat.