Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Azathoth posted:

It goes back earlier than that. The Supreme Court ruled in 1989 that banning flag burning as a form of protest was unconstitutional and affirmed the decision in 1990. A bunch of culture warriors wanted a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning in the 90s, but it was not something that was ever really gonna happen.

I have always understood, absent any real evidence mind you, that it was something that the news media got people riled up about in the 1980s by broadcasting anti-America protests from the 1970s to 1980s from overseas where they burned the American flag, and when folks realized that it pissed off pretty much every politician, it happened sporadically in the US when someone wanted to do something really transgressive.

hillary pushed a flag-burning ban in 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

She's a Republican but won't admit it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

On brand

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

"'Bees are good,' Obama says as children scream"

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/obama-bee-attack-easter-children-screaming-116704

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
The President's dick looks like Toad from Mario Kart

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Van Riper being an rear end in a top hat who did his best to just waste everyone's time is what makes him cool, forcing the US military to waste extra time and money dealing with your bullshit while also stopping them from getting any useful results is highly effective praxis

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Van D Ripper

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Not everyone gets a pile of money to tell their bosses they suck so yeah I’m on war game cheater side

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Bah gawd he's got a family! :bahgawd:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
future headline: ISIS buys Grave Digger

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Wait a second... that's Osama Bin Laden's music!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the Undertaker is a Nazi actually

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Maggie Thatcher had to tell senior Tories to be more discreet about their child loving because they were being way too blatant about it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Also, the wargames thing is funny because any actual threat to a military operation is going to come from something you don't expect -- every battle plan goes out the window when you make contact with the enemy. Whoever you are opposing is going to "rules lawyer" the situation and exploit some technicality that you overlook in order to fight back, because there is no way you can fight a conventional war against the US military because you would get crushed hard. So yeah, if you want an actual appraisal of how well (or not well) you will do in that situation, you probably want to hire on a guy who would be the only one to recognize that the enemy's gate is down.

No no the US military's doctrine is just fine, if an Iraqi insurgent uses an ice cube as a cheap delay timer in their mortar, you call them up and say "that was very rude sir, now start over and this time play right" and then your guys come back to life and the insurgents buy expensive radio remote detonators so your sigint can trace them back and blow them up instantly.

And that's why the US military definitely hasn't suffered humiliating losses at the hands of some farmers over and over and over

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Hopkins FBI posted:

The President's dick looks like Toad from Mario Kart

yeti pubes

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

you gotta respect the game tho

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1077255770725601280?lang=en

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Dangerous Donald

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PVOIqQAns

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The DNC paid people to show up at Trump rallies in Donald Duck mascot costumes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

The DNC paid people to show up at Trump rallies in Donald Duck mascot costumes

and didn't stop until Disney started making calls asking hey what the gently caress

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VitalSigns posted:

And that's why the US military definitely hasn't suffered humiliating losses at the hands of some farmers over and over and over

lol

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lol white people jesus christ

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I lol a lot that american leadership is basically 100% careerist grift with no foundational principles or beliefs and none of them will pay for what they've done

edit: except bernie

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Modest Mao posted:

I lol a lot that american leadership is basically 100% careerist grift with no foundational principles or beliefs and none of them will pay for what they've done

edit: except bernie

yes....... bernie must pay.............................

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Mitt Romney said his favorite novel is Battlefield Earth

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Action Jacktion posted:

Mitt Romney said his favorite novel is Battlefield Earth

lol that book sucked rear end. i barely made it 1/4 way through before stopping

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
the movie owns though

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

quite stretched out posted:

the movie owns though

if by owns you means sucks poo poo through a fire hose, i agree

this is one of those millennial "you say everything that sucks poo poo is actually awesome" things isn't it?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
its good to watch if youre very intoxicated and want to get motion sickness from rapidly tilting your head 30 degrees from side to side

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Munich-based brewery Hacker-Pschorr paid some PR dude a lot of money to come up with an ad campaign featuring happy people drinking beer at the site of the 1972 olympics massacre, subtitled with "Mordsgaudi!" which could be translated as "Having a blast!"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DiggityDoink posted:

if by owns you means sucks poo poo through a fire hose, i agree

this is one of those millennial "you say everything that sucks poo poo is actually awesome" things isn't it?

It's one of the better Rifftrax at least

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
what the blast did you say man-animal

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
your friendly neighborhood barrrrrrrrrrrr-tender! *pulls out severed head*

*waves rat in your face* do you WANT lunch?!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

julian assange

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this thing lol

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/1108182597983703041

and it just goes on for like 20 tweets lmao

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Lol I just remembered Reince Preibus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Schmeichy posted:

Lol I just remembered Rnc Pr bs

Not putting Bailey's on his cornflakes