Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
keepers naaahhhh no keepers. i dont want any of those scrubs who loving failed me last year. they deserve to be executed not rewarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Um...

https://twitter.com/MVScouting/status/1141417971950215169

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Julian Edelman is the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

CHECKMATE, scrubs!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, only one of those three will ever win a Super Bowl.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Lets all get mad about a really obvious Hot Take.

:geno:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sean10mm posted:

Lets all get mad about a really obvious Hot Take.

:geno:

McCown's first day on the job, not wasting any time. Seems like he'll be a good fit at ESPN.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

19 years… what a different world it was back then. Bush gets the election over Gore should've been a harbinger of what was to come…

Gore said it himself that it was a choice between good and evil. And welp, look where we are today. He would have supported action against Climate Change way back then. The US has lost 40 years since the start of Reagan and "trickle down", the decline has been horrifying today.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I refuse to disagree with Josh McCown. Look at how perfect he is. Handsome as Jimmy G.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Bell/CMC. Easy for me.

shut your smug mouth jerk

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jerry Jones is as much of a sex pest as Robert Kraft.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Being horned up is literally the least objectionable and maybe the most humanizing trait that all these billionaire overlord evil fucks share

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I know that I’d personally walk them home

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

shut your smug mouth jerk

That's Mr. Champion Jerk to you sir.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Which one did Aikmen try to bang after?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Which one did Aikmen try to bang after?

Wasn’t that Big Ben?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wasn’t that Big Ben?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

A small part of me was hoping he'd stay missing, WWE style, until the new XFL's season opener.

:bahgawd: BAH GAWD, THAT'S HE HATE ME'S MUSIC :bahgawd:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The pass interference replay rule is absurdly byzantine and going to piss everyone off

https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/status/1141739038778515456

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's especially upsetting because we all know the NFL could just adopt the aaf rulebook and instantly be the best it's ever been

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

It's especially upsetting because we all know the NFL could just adopt the aaf rulebook and instantly be the best it's ever been

What did the AAF do in regards to interceptions?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Made them mandatory

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Butt fumble is great but for some reason this might be my favorite dumb QB moment ever.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The pass interference replay rule is absurdly byzantine and going to piss everyone off

https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/status/1141739038778515456

At least the coaches can't call for replays anymore. That was shaping up to be a legit disaster. This, meh whatever. Nobody will care about it until week 7 or something when there's a controversial reversal or non-reversal that changes the game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

At least the coaches can't call for replays anymore. That was shaping up to be a legit disaster. This, meh whatever. Nobody will care about it until week 7 or something when there's a controversial reversal or non-reversal that changes the game

Coaches can still challenge up until the 2min mark for OPI or DPI call or no call.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27017122/nfl-finalizes-pi-replay-challenge-rule-2019

quote:

As a result, coaches will be able to challenge pass interference calls or no-calls up until the two-minute warning of either half. In the final two minutes of each half and in overtime, on-site replay officials will be responsible for stopping the game to review pass interference, as they are for all other reviewable plays.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Coaches can still challenge up until the 2min mark for OPI or DPI call or no call.

Feel bad for the coach going against Robert Alford of the now Arizona Cardinals. Gonna use all of his challenges on the first drive.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27017122/nfl-finalizes-pi-replay-challenge-rule-2019

are you loving kidding me. jesus christ thats dumb

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was just thikning the other day about how there's not enough downtime in an average nfl game.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FizFashizzle posted:

I was just thikning the other day about how there's not enough downtime in an average nfl game.

I pretty much stopped watching football two years ago due to how slow it's gotten. Red Zone sustained my interest for a little bit, but I'm mostly interested in a couple teams and not just a desperate need to see a Bills aerial assault, so that got pretty lackluster too.

I really wish they'd do something to speed up the games, but that'd hurt the ad revenue so I know they won't.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Azhais posted:

I pretty much stopped watching football two years ago due to how slow it's gotten. Red Zone sustained my interest for a little bit, but I'm mostly interested in a couple teams and not just a desperate need to see a Bills aerial assault, so that got pretty lackluster too.

I really wish they'd do something to speed up the games, but that'd hurt the ad revenue so I know they won't.

Ads during huddles right on the field.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I mean baseball is already doing that poo poo where during any break at all they go “picture in picture” with the game shrinking so a quick ad can show over 80% of the screen real estate. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it be used more in football.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

the should put ads on the field, they could be like billboard obstacles. Some would be small enough to jump over, some small enough to throw over, but all made of steel and completely impenetrable. maybe put some spikes on them too. livens up the game AND brings in more ad revenue!!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Docjowles posted:

I mean baseball is already doing that poo poo where during any break at all they go “picture in picture” with the game shrinking so a quick ad can show over 80% of the screen real estate. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it be used more in football.

This was used last year during NFL games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Azhais posted:

the real problem is if the trend continues ad revenue is gonna start hurting anyway

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Play posted:

the should put ads on the field, they could be like billboard obstacles. Some would be small enough to jump over, some small enough to throw over, but all made of steel and completely impenetrable. maybe put some spikes on them too. livens up the game AND brings in more ad revenue!!

a giant Gillette razor blade sticking out of the field at the 50 yard line

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You could just install a billboard between the goal posts of whichever side of the field the Bears are kicking on.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Execute all advertisers and marketers.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Azhais posted:

Teams are named after companies.

The New England iPhones.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Put a few teams inside of the intrinsic field subtractor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

colachute posted:

Teams are named after companies.

The New England iPhones.

I think you mean the New England rubmaps.com