Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ah, the misplaced decimal point, bane of coders everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They did it... Fast Travel Indoors.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26536/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This may be a weird question, but does anybody here have an older version of the SE creation kit installed, specifically SSE CK version 1.5.3.0? SE Creation Kit Fixes only supports that version. :( I just need the exe.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

This may be a weird question, but does anybody here have an older version of the SE creation kit installed, specifically SSE CK version 1.5.3.0? SE Creation Kit Fixes only supports that version. :( I just need the exe.

Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!mJ8i3IzL!GVxaRhXC7N85kHgMqCkirGPJBdy-mUGe-2WrLrNAuBc

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Thank you! I wouldn't care so much except that one of the fixes includes quicker start-up, which is my #1 impediment to making/converting more mods, how long the CK takes to get to the point where I can work on stuff.

Also, it just occurred to me while I was taking my pre-work excercise that we're going to get to go through the "IS $MODNAME CONVERTED YET!?" at least one more time when Skywind is finally released, since I'm figuring it's going to be a game replacer like Enderal rather than an expansion like Morroblivion (You could still play Oblivion in a game where you had Morroblivion installed, and in fact could take a ship back and forth between The Imperial City and Seyda Neen.)

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This TUCOGUIDE is really adamant that I need to downgrade my installed version of Skyrim for it to work properly. Can I get away with not doing that?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I never downgraded anything. You need a downgraded Creation Kit exe for the fixed part, which I posted a little higher up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

NeurosisHead posted:

This TUCOGUIDE is really adamant that I need to downgrade my installed version of Skyrim for it to work properly. Can I get away with not doing that?

Every once in a while I accidentally upgrade Skyrim, so I have to upgrade skse (ithey're usually fast) and then I run into a bunch of skse mods that won't run with the current dll version, and it's a chase to update them. I've had a few that don't do every version, so it comes down to ignoring them, or downgrading to the last Skyrim exe that worked.

You could probably power through the guide, but you might run into something that hasn't been updated.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Sorry didn't realize skyrim """updated""" today. loving paid mods!!!!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Oh gently caress has that happened?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You can (should) set updates to only run when you run the game from steam. As long as you don't launch it from the library, and only run it from MO/Vortex/whatever, you'll be golden.

I also have a backup of the root skyrim folder, so if I ever do hit it accidentally I can just paste the contents over it and be back to normal.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

im going to buy the netch leather armor

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is it as nice-looking as the one somebody made for Oldrim and I ported in my Conversions Folder?

Edit: As a matter of fact, it isn't!

Creation CLub:

Nexus (which I ported):

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 14, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

think it's a lot closer to the original thing than the oldrim one personally

also comes with an optional side quest to retrieve a pair of boots of blinding speed

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Some mod or another is crashing SSE on me. Is there a crash log or something I can enable? Google searching is unclear for the best way to figure this out.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
16 hours of work later I have 215 mods with 139 (after bashing) plugins all playing nice together. Now I can proceed with the time honored tradition of never actually playing my heavily modded Skyrim install.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sylink posted:

Some mod or another is crashing SSE on me. Is there a crash log or something I can enable? Google searching is unclear for the best way to figure this out.

Short Answer:
No
Long Answer:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Trying to be somewhat helpful answer: Unfortunately, Bethesda hates us, so no there's no log. However, the list of things that crash SSE is actually fairly short. If you can give us an idea of your modlist and what you're doing when it crashes, we might be able to help.

NeurosisHead posted:

16 hours of work later I have 215 mods with 139 (after bashing) plugins all playing nice together. Now I can proceed with the time honored tradition of never actually playing my heavily modded Skyrim install.

261 and 160, respectively. :smug:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Sylink posted:

Are you using Mod Manager? If you have any warnings, check them. If a mod needs a Master and doesn't have it, that's a CTD before the menu loads.

A painful way to check is to make a backup of your modlist, uncheck all mods and turn on 10 at a time until the game starts crashing. Then you have your bad mod narrowed down.

I had this problem with some NPC overhaul mod that Tuco recommended. Try those first.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Sylink posted:

Best way to find some insight is when the crash happens. Like, the missing masters crash happens in the initial loading screen.

I had one the other day I couldn't figure out, which happened after loading but right before the menu. Turned out to be Simply Knock because it puts uses an skse .dll which apparently tries to load even if you don't run through the skse loader.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Double-posting because I finally got around to adding my few tweaks to my port of Brhuce Hammar - Legacy. I've tweaked the lighting in the space station quest, as well as added my "Skip this poo poo" option, which should pop up as soon as you travel to the station. Barring any further bug reports, this one should be done.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Best way to find some insight is when the crash happens. Like, the missing masters crash happens in the initial loading screen.

I had one the other day I couldn't figure out, which happened after loading but right before the menu. Turned out to be Simply Knock because it puts uses an skse .dll which apparently tries to load even if you don't run through the skse loader.

Not... running through the SKSE loader? -Whaaaaaat-

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Don't forget that the Skyrim exe updated a few days ago. If you nodded before then, SKSE will not work until you update it. And then all the mods that depend on SKSE.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

Turned out to be Simply Knock because it puts uses an skse .dll which apparently tries to load even if you don't run through the skse loader.
Do you have more details? Because that shouldn't be possible.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oh Brhuce... :allears:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had persistent crashing with some popular NPC face overhaul and uh... swaying shop signs I think? I have a short list of "bad" mods which I had to narrow down and give up on, will find it

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh yeah simply knock is bugged atm. There's a clean copy somewhere not on nexus, do a search.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So here's a fun factoid: Right on the title screen, you can open the console and coc riverwood (as the default nord character.) Useful if, say, somewhere in your 300 mods there's one that's causing ctd suddenly anytime you try to go to an exterior! :smithicide:

Also, what's people's go-to weather mod these days?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm using obsidian. I like it but haven't tried anything else

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Does anybody use a mod to change the camera focal point when you're on horse back? Since it's squarely on your character's back it makes any DoF (which I normally like!) Turn everything into a blurry mess by default.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

any performance mods that are worth looking at that won't just replace the textures with shittier ones? I just got VR version and want to eke out some FPS.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Insignificant Object Remover?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I decided to try out Morrowloot Ultimate on this newest run-through since I always wanted to try it, and might as well since I'm starting clean.

I am ... not ... enjoying it.

I get the idea with the encounter zones - "There's high level places and low-level places, no matter what level your character is." The problem is that IMO it's implemented really poorly here, where every dungeon apparently has low-level places at the front and high-level in back so you can't finish anything. Like freaking Embershard Mine has a few Level 9-12 bandits in it.

The Nish
Mar 3, 2007
That's the same issue I had with Morrowloot Ultimate and lots of mods that try to adjust encounter zones to have more place-centric level scaling. There's usually no place to go for levels 1-10, so starting out is incredibly difficult. I've seen posts online recommending that you just run around outside handling the few low-level spawns there, or even grind wood chopping for training money.

But, what you're seeing in game, may not be entirely Morrowloot's fault. There is a series of 5-6 GMSTs that control what levels creatures spawn at. So, the game will place easy, average, difficult, etc spawns. Each of these spawns is tied to a GMST value, which is multiplied by the players level. (This is probably a simplification of something more complicated happening.) These values are surprisingly low; most enemies spawned will be below your level.

Other mods, like Wildcat, will edit these values so the game spawns creatures closer to or higher than your level. I think Morrowloot Ultimate doesn't edit these values, so you might be getting higher level enemies than intended.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

The Nish posted:

That's the same issue I had with Morrowloot Ultimate and lots of mods that try to adjust encounter zones to have more place-centric level scaling. There's usually no place to go for levels 1-10, so starting out is incredibly difficult. I've seen posts online recommending that you just run around outside handling the few low-level spawns there, or even grind wood chopping for training money.
Yeah, the wilderness? Not much better, with packs of like Level 5 wolves and whatnot. Oh, and the random aggressive goat? I googled around and I think I'll just install the "vanilla encounter zones" option, because it's kind of a miserable slog at the moment.

I don't think anything else installed would be mucking around with encounter zones or gmsts, but I will take a closer look.[/quote]

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

If you're encountering level 5 wolves at the very start of the game, something besides morrowloot is definitely changing things.

From the sounds of it, .something is adding new scaled entries to the leveled lists. I'd go double-check those first.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't use Morrowloot, but immersive creatures would often throw weirdly hard versions of creatures at me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

its funny that morrowloot throws overworld set level enemies at you considering morrowind also used leveled lists for enemy difficulty outside of the hardest areas

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Morrowloot is great but what you're seeing is someone trying to polish a turd. You would have to completely redesign skyrim from the ground up to have dungeons feel rewarding like morrowind. It wants to reward you for exploring but no amount of unique loot can make up for the fact you're in a dungeon in skyrim and you just want it to loving be over already.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you know that most dungeons in morrowind have like, poo poo for rewards right

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The ones with poo poo for rewards are like a hallway and a closet. They don't make you go around the draugr loop de loop for an hour just to get Shout:Flames and Iron Boots of minor alchemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

there's like only three dungeons in skyrim that actually take an hour to clear and they all generally have unique loot rewards