Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

is it that short? i want to get it but for that price and if its that short idk

It is quite short since its still intended to be playable as a roguelike. If that's your thing there's plenty of replayability as every run's gonna be different. I just played it the once for now but it was still worth it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's an impressive amount of randomness with the seeds. I saw enemies during the first 5 minutes of my 2nd playthrough that I never even saw on my first.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

There's an impressive amount of randomness with the seeds. I saw enemies during the first 5 minutes of my 2nd playthrough that I never even saw on my first.

Yeah I'll probably get a lot of mileage out of the daily challenges , they have leaderboards and poo poo and permadeath is always enabled . Awesome game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Run Saber (snes)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

27. Momoiro Underground (route D)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Underhero

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Modern Warfare 2 campaign. Still pretty good. I played it so much in high school that I still had the whole thing burned into my head a decade later. It’ll be interesting to move on to 3, which I have basically no memory of at all except for a couple brief scenes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
12. DCSS: Five Runes, Minotaur Fighter of Okawaru

I used to play this game pretty much exclusively in my freshman year, and it's amazing how much more complete and polished it feels than then.

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 17, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
6.16 - Super Mario Land Normal Any%

Started playing for fun because a buddy of mine tried playing it and was really terrible and I wanted to show him how much better than him at it I was and I ended up having a crazy good run where I only died like twice. Great game that I have a ton of nostalgia for but drat it's short as hell and I never really realized that as a kid.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12) Ocarina of Time Randomizer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

6.16 - Super Mario Land Normal Any%

Started playing for fun because a buddy of mine tried playing it and was really terrible and I wanted to show him how much better than him at it I was and I ended up having a crazy good run where I only died like twice. Great game that I have a ton of nostalgia for but drat it's short as hell and I never really realized that as a kid.

thank you for owning your friend

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it was actually kind of similar when i beat run saber yesterday because I sat down with a bloody mary at the start and i took my final sip during the end credits and my girlfriend asked if i had started from a save or something

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

13) Cadence of Hyrule

The whole game was cool, but man, that final dungeon was awesome. I wish there was a mode that was just a whole bunch of that. It's kind of weird how all those cool weapons are only there. Anyway I am definitely going to try a permadeath run with all the characters now, probably without potions since those are very easy to abuse

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gato Roboto - 100%

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Cadence of Hyrule

Everything about this game is great

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Arrhythmia posted:

12. DCSS: Five Runes, Minotaur Fighter of Okawaru

I used to play this game pretty much exclusively in my freshman year, and it's amazing how much more complete and polished it feels than then.

I've been back on this a lot recently, and whilst not all of the changes since I played a few years ago are good (mutations and traps especially), I appreciate the load of QoL upgrades which make it way easier to actually play.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
removing the damage traps was fine imo but i haven't played since like version .15 and don't want to ever play it agian tbh

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i went back and won a couple games on like version .20 and then there was some sort of mutiny where the devs made some controversial changes and now there's like 50 forks of the game and i tuned it back out for good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the onluy thing more epic than pc gaming is open source gaming

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Sil and brogue are still cool. And doomrl. And maybe caves of qud I havent paid money for it so whom knows

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Super Mario 3d Land

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i went back and won a couple games on like version .20 and then there was some sort of mutiny where the devs made some controversial changes and now there's like 50 forks of the game and i tuned it back out for good

i haven't been in the community since like, .14, but "make controversial change which causes the entire playerbase to lose their minds" was the standard MO since, like, cutting mountain dwarves in .9.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sil and brogue are still cool. And doomrl. And maybe caves of qud I havent paid money for it so whom knows

i wish doomrl development didn't stop so the guy could work on his epic kickstarter where he remakes doomrl but without anyone caring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cuphead. Sweet game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Caves of Qud and Cogmind are both great for the $$

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Steamworld Heist

I let this one slip past me because for some reason I thought I wouldn't like it. But I was wrong, it's great. Time to get back to finishing Steamworld Quest.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Finished up my replay of FFVII on Monday, probably going to start up DQ8 3DS soon.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
13. Pathologic 2

Turned off intended difficulty because I wanted to see what the options looked like, and forgot to reenable it for like, three days, so this win has a big ol' asterisk next to it. Gonna be digesting this one for a long time.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Subnautica. Scuba diving and submarine survival crafting game with a plot. If you love the ocean or are afraid of it I cannot recommend this enough.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Terranigma

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Modern Warfare 3. I can’t believe I forgot how much insanely cool poo poo there is in this game lmfao. Hijacking the sub, launching all its missiles at the Russian fleet then hauling rear end in a Zodiac between exploding ships, the amphibious assault in Hamburg, the last stand at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Good poo poo.

I also didn’t realize until I happened to look up at the right moment in the credits that your Delta Force squadmates, who have like a dozen lines between them, are voiced by Idris Elba and Timothy Olyphant. Or that Soap is Lucius Vorenus from Rome although that seems kind of obvious now that I know it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Steamworld Dig

I took a break from Quest to give this one another try and ended up beating it in one sitting. Not as good as 2 but still pretty fun.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

16. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
17. Disaster: Day of Crisis

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 22, 2019

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2. Pretty good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

14) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Aladdin (snes)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Even the lava stage?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Even the lava stage?

i beat it in one sitting with no passwords but that one did eat up a some continues

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  3. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  4. The Alliance Alive
  5. Iconoclasts
  6. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  7. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

28. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (hard, 100%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Firewatch
2. GRIS
3. Inside
4. The Banner Saga (Hard)
I played this tonnes on PC but then got stuck on the final boss fight when I was doing a hard mode attempt and didn't feel like restarting. Got the PS4 triple pack and had a ton of fun replaying it. Saved Alette this time now that I knew what was going on with the arrow. The game really made me think I was making a good choice by letting her fire originally