Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Best Friends posted:

Since conservatives apparently believe intergenerational wealth transfer doesn't exist, let's do 100% estate taxes

Do an investigation of all people who have more than $10 million in assets. Trace all of that money back to the days of slavery if applicable. 100% of the money value in today's dollars should be the tax on them, if the family was involved in slavery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wasn't oregon the state with the sovcits who broke into Malheur and trashed a visitor center?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

orange juche posted:

Wasn't oregon the state with the sovcits who broke into Malheur and trashed a visitor center?

Malheur is in Oregon, but the sovcits had come from various states to attend a different protest in nearby Burns, OR.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Happy Juneteenth y'all.

Celebrating Texas being behind the curve since 1865.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange juche posted:

Yeah Oregon's the one that let 'em in, no idea if the place recovered though. I sent them a 5lb bag of sugar free gummi bears with a gift note strongly indicating that those are the preferred snack of Are Troops.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah Oregon's the one that let 'em in, no idea if the place recovered though. I sent them a 5lb bag of sugar free gummi bears with a gift note strongly indicating that those are the preferred snack of Are Troops.

Chemical warfare is against the Geneva Convention!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

hobbesmaster posted:

This is a common tactic at the state level and I’m not sure it’s ever truly worked?

IIRC they did it like a month ago to stop two bills that would have passed otherwise and they came back in exchange for promising not to do it again and the bills not passing. One of the bills was to remove exemptions for vaccinating children.

Basically Republicans are Lucy holding the football and Democrats are Charlie Brown.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-senate-democrats-give-up-gun-control-vaccine-bills-gop-walkout-return/

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

my kinda ape posted:

IIRC they did it like a month ago to stop two bills that would have passed otherwise and they came back in exchange for promising not to do it again and the bills not passing. One of the bills was to remove exemptions for vaccinating children.

Basically Republicans are Lucy holding the football and Democrats are Charlie Brown.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-senate-democrats-give-up-gun-control-vaccine-bills-gop-walkout-return/

No the Republicans are Dennis Hopper and the Democrats are Jeff Daniels.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my kinda ape posted:

Chemical warfare is against the Geneva Convention!

technically they were to be used for illumination

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FAUXTON posted:

technically they were to be used for illumination

No need, that tarp was lit up pretty good

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Iranians claim they splashed one of our drones.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BigDave posted:

Possible but they have a tendency to crash by themselves

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

:eyepop:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

:drat:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hobbesmaster posted:

Possible but they have a tendency to crash by themselves

Very true.

The CAOC used to have a little joke memorial wall with pictures and callsigns of all the Preds that had gone down over the years.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

stay safe tarp ghost

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

BigDave posted:

Yeah, they shot down a Global Hawk. $100m+ for not much cost to them.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
They're gonna make beacoup bucks selling access to the wreckage to the Chinese and Russians.

Well, maybe not the Chinese as they already have the complete schematics for thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There are some legitimate grievances with the buyback program, but christ gun owners can be the biggest bunch of whiny babies

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/chri...-buyback-scheme

quote:

He said that if gun owners could not access the courts "the only alternative is revolution".

When asked by host Lisa Owen what he meant by "revolution", Clark said "Literally, what I just said. What have you got to lose? What other alternatives have you got in life?"
When Owen asked if he was talking about "a physical, violent, uprising," Clark said it was likely.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There are some legitimate grievances with the buyback program, but christ gun owners can be the biggest bunch of whiny babies

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/chri...-buyback-scheme

a bloo bloo bloo my bang toys NO TAKE MY BANG TOYS

I don't want to make things too gunchatty around here but after the increase in gun violence here in Toronto I'm firmly on the "ban private ownership of pistols and magazine-fed SA rifles/carbines" bandwagon. Zero need for a private citizen to own one in this country.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I keep telling my co workers that if you're hunting or target shooting you don't need anything more than a bolt action and they go off about Trudeau etc etc cause Facebook has literally poisoned people's brains

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Motherfuckers too lazy to work an action.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

quote:

"People are aggrieved. You've been screwed by a government for a crime you didn't commit. How do you think that makes you feel?"

Ok, that’s an understandable sentiment given the circumstances but...

quote:

When asked by host Lisa Owen what he meant by "revolution", Clark said "Literally, what I just said. What have you got to lose? What other alternatives have you got in life?"

When Owen asked if he was talking about "a physical, violent, uprising," Clark said it was likely.

...doesn’t really help dispel the entire “gun owners are paranoid lunatics” thing at all.

Goddamn gun owners really are their own worst enemies sometimes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Motherfuckers too lazy to work an action.

Their fragile arthritic shoulders probably can't handle the recoil of a grown-up round like .308 without turning into dust.

Hell the sound of a black powder rifle alone probably injures them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

best timeline.

Trump is giving up on regime change in Venezuela because it's complicated and he got bored

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lmao I love how that's the actual headline too

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The Onion should sue for all of these news orgs stealing their schtick.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

colachute posted:

We need to have some kind of serious investigation in to The Onion. I want to know how they got their time machine that takes headlines from the future.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Godholio posted:

Very true.

The CAOC used to have a little joke memorial wall with pictures and callsigns of all the Preds that had gone down over the years.

RIP Buzzy 601, thought of Weddings and died.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FAUXTON posted:

Their fragile arthritic shoulders probably can't handle the recoil of a grown-up round like .308 without turning into dust.

So THAT'S who silencerco made these turds for.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/blackpowder/muzzleloader/maxim50-integrally-suppressed-muzzleloader-prod110309.aspx

Those suppressors are permanently fixed. Imagine trying to clean it.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Its US policy to have a failed coup in Venezuela and then move on to invading a middle eastern country

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So THAT'S who silencerco made these turds for.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/blackpowder/muzzleloader/maxim50-integrally-suppressed-muzzleloader-prod110309.aspx

Those suppressors are permanently fixed. Imagine trying to clean it.

Who the gently caress

why

what

no that has to be a loving fake novelty gun, you'd clog the suppressor up in like an hour

Maybe the front unscrews and you can remove the baffling or something

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Honestly 5.56 or even .22 bolt actions are still pretty fun to shoot. I learned to shoot on a .22 bolt that you had to manually cock, and that thing was great fun for plinking cans.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you need a suppressor on your 50 cal you should probably just use a different rifle.

But I guess that’s not as cool?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1141535724715614208?s=20

:stare: Our DOJ is in court arguing that Children don't deserve sanitary conditions.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

colachute posted:

At this point, The Onion would have to sue reality.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1141535724715614208?s=20

:stare: Our DOJ is in court arguing that Children don't deserve sanitary conditions.

They're finally saying out loud what most people actually think.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

What would be their justification for not accepting donations of those items for kids to use?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbagen/status/1141687535724187654

Just loving wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-concentration-camp-aoc-alexandria-ocascio-cortez-1444788

quote:

Pelosi went on to warn the Democratic caucus as a whole about "how politically charged the atmosphere is" and that their rivals may exploit the comments they make. She told reporters that she had not talked to Ocasio-Cortez about her recent comments slamming immigrant detention centers.

Wow, politics is just getting too politically charged.