Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The happy thread: just get the tender tattoo Chokes you wuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i got a tat an inch below my wrist. try that compromise maybe

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bust Rodd posted:

also a genuine LoL at “I wanted a badass Pentagram tattoo... but it’ll hurt too much!”.

you want serious pain buddy:

get the tattoo it’s very worth it.

At no point did I say badass. I just want a small one somewhere visible to represent my faith.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

i got a tat an inch below my wrist. try that compromise maybe

passes sensitivity check, thank u for ur service op

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

When I get back from vacation I'm getting my first: a simple pentagram over my heart. Been waffling for years on a tat mostly because I'm a nihilist and can't decide on something that matters enough to me. I figure something that'll instantly make my fundo relatives pray furiously for my soul is a good compromise.

I'm 37 And I finally figured out a tattoo I'd be satisfied with. Back in the dos computing days we had a program that would let you assemble mix n matched dinosaurs. I have a pic of me proudly holding a printout of one of my creations. That skeleton would be my first tattoo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm 37 And I finally figured out a tattoo I'd be satisfied with. Back in the dos computing days we had a program that would let you assemble mix n matched dinosaurs. I have a pic of me proudly holding a printout of one of my creations. That skeleton would be my first tattoo.

was it Designasaurus?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Raptor1033 posted:

That sounds dope. Do what makes you feel good (as long as it doesn't kill someone else's joy). Be safe and have lots of sex.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

was it Designasaurus?

Sure loving was! I'd never have remembered the name, so thanks!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Raptor1033 posted:

Sure loving was! I'd never have remembered the name, so thanks!

haha nice, i played that on the commodore 64 as a kid.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

glowing brain: i have a favorite dinosaur
flowering cosmic brain: its one i made myself

that owns, you own, etc

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doc Hawkins posted:

glowing brain: i have a favorite dinosaur
flowering cosmic brain: its one i made myself

that owns, you own, etc

universal transcendent brain: I made my own dinosaur on the commodore 64

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I wish I was a dinosaur. I mean, I'm already a relic. *tapdances off stage mugging to camera*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

An insane mind posted:

I wish I was a dinosaur. I mean, I'm already a relic. *tapdances off stage mugging to camera*

goddamn it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Actually I'm going to let you off with a warning since this is the happy thread, don't let me catch you misusing verb moods again

e: whoops can't retract a sixer lol oh well :smith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

Actually I'm going to let you off with a warning since this is the happy thread, don't let me catch you misusing verb moods again

give yourself a sixxer in solidarity

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

guys

guys

check out this kitty

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

look at his smooshed little face

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I just gave 20 bux to a guy outside a Walgreens asking for money. He had a black flag thin-blue line skulls COP shirt on. Feeling a little conflicted but he seemed genuinely shocked that someone would give him that much and he went off to buy something in store.

Fair enough.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
he looks so tired...

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Kinda wanna do that with my dogs back home now

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

mekyabetsu posted:

guys

guys

check out this kitty

I would do this with two dogs i was dogsitting. One would go in my hoodie pocket and one would go in the hood. The were both like 3 pound chihuahuas. They would whine when I would go outside for a smoke so I came up with that solution.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Chokes McGee posted:

This means war, I'm saying this with a smile because it's the happy thread but it does.

Mean war.

Sixers get stitches.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
my doctor pronounced a lump I found last week benign. pretty good!

Biden's having a good one
https://twitter.com/nashville_brook/status/1141418265362784256

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chokes McGee posted:

just wanted to say that you’re doing good work here

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

PerilPastry posted:

my doctor pronounced a lump I found last week benign. pretty good!

Biden's having a good one
https://twitter.com/nashville_brook/status/1141418265362784256

grats on your benign lump, I hope biden eats poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/734241210/72-philadelphia-police-officers-placed-on-desk-duty-over-offensive-social-media

quote:

The Philadelphia Police Department has pulled 72 officers off their regular duties as authorities investigate inflammatory social media posts revealed in a database that found thousands of offensive postings by current and former officers, the city's police commissioner said Wednesday.

Police officials in Philadelphia are describing the action as the largest removal of officers from the street in recent memory.

"We are equally as disgusted by many of the posts that you saw and in many cases, the rest of the nation saw," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross.

[sic]

While Ross refused to say how many officers will be terminated at the end of the department's investigation, he said the posts will cause some law enforcement officials to lose their jobs.

"There are some, sadly," Ross said, "who won't return to service here."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wow I read about that database last week, crazy it actually accomplished something, but:

the article posted:

The department has hired the private law firm Ballard Spahr to sift through the 3,100 posts identified as containing offensive messages. The firm will help determine if the post was protected under the First Amendment, or not, Ross said.

there's the new loophole going forward

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

grats on your benign lump, I hope biden eats poo poo

Thanks man, and same.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1108760200998203393

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"if you can't afford kids, don't have any :smug:"

*can't sell 6 bedroom home 30 miles from the city because nobody has enough kids to fill it*

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/lyftrs/status/1141697751148834816

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Ahhhhh yeah

e: propost

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Thousands of lives saved and millions kept from terror because our dotard president doesn't like doing anything hard.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

amazing and it really did make me smile. thanks!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

bring back old gbs posted:

there's the new loophole going forward

The first amendment only protects private individuals from government sanction, not from losing their cop job

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

The first amendment only protects private individuals from government sanction, not from losing their cop job

It doesn't have to make sense, they're just looking for an excuse to let all of the racist cops off the hook.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

It doesn't have to make sense, they're just looking for an excuse to let all of the racist cops off the hook.

"racist cops" is overly redundant

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zeroisanumber posted:

yeah, it sounds like they're going after them for breaking their code of conduct which hopefully supersedes their first amendment rights

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Amazing that this is finally getting the attention it needs

Lost the quote for this one but

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

:w00t:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

The only thing keeping America from tripping over it's dick and letting Miller and Bannon lead us to real fascism is how lazy and distractible president smooth brains is. It's the reason I actually hope he wins if anyone besides Bernie gets the Democratic nom. Whoever comes out of the fash mold next might be competent and driven and that's bad news for everyone (not the rich everything always turns out ok for most of them)