Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Hellsau posted:

wait do you have glowing red glass wireframe people trying to murder you outside?

Do you not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Wheezle posted:

Do you not?

No, the glowing red glass wireframe people are my friends and would never try to murder me.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Truga posted:

Oh great, I guess I won't be able to play elite with the wireless thing then :rip:

Not at 5x super sample but it’ll be fine heh.

jarlywarly posted:

The wireless signal encoding is done on your CPU, reports are that beefy current gen Intel CPUs are required to avoid performance issues with wireless.

It’s not that bad unless you’re streaming or something. Hell I use one streaming.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

No, the glowing red glass wireframe people are my friends and would never try to murder me.

You Did What You Had To Do.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Anyone else with a rift s getting way more tracking problems with the last update? It seems to lose track of controllers when my arms are at rest. Also im getting a single frame of static about every 10 to 15 mins. It used to work great.

Also lol that it was supposed to make the audio better but didn't and only broke it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it’s happening to me too. Especially in Sairento and Skyrim VR. I can’t even pick locks in the latter because the controls seem hosed.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Zeriel posted:

Anyone else with a rift s getting way more tracking problems with the last update? It seems to lose track of controllers when my arms are at rest. Also im getting a single frame of static about every 10 to 15 mins. It used to work great.

Also lol that it was supposed to make the audio better but didn't and only broke it.

Yup

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Good PSVR memories: the useful calibration button that I sorely miss when playing Superhot and the odd occasion when beatsaber has forgotten my room rotation setting.

Bad PSVR memories: slowly rotating my entire body 90 degrees during a game of tetris because my camera was 2 degrees off level and every time I recalibrated it rotated the gameworld slightly to the left.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Phillby posted:

Good PSVR memories: the useful calibration button that I sorely miss when playing Superhot and the odd occasion when beatsaber has forgotten my room rotation setting.

Bad PSVR memories: slowly rotating my entire body 90 degrees during a game of tetris because my camera was 2 degrees off level and every time I recalibrated it rotated the gameworld slightly to the left.

That's what causes the rotation? Because it's been driving me nuts (my camera's on top of the TV and angled down).

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's what causes the rotation? Because it's been driving me nuts (my camera's on top of the TV and angled down).
Its hard to be 100% sure (i swear some days the tracking just decides to work better or worse under the same conditions) but it seems to help. Also if you're playing a seated game try and stay as central to the camera as possible. I got one of those dumb gaming chairs for playing wipeout and boy is the rotational drift obvious if i don't set it up just so.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

EbolaIvory posted:

It’s so god drat good

My favorite moment (of what I played) in Serious Sam VR was the exploding frog arena. That was loving hectic, and they play that euro-dubstep-whatever music and I was getting into a groove like dancing around with my double barrels and shooting over my shoulder and it was dope.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

King Vidiot posted:

My favorite moment (of what I played) in Serious Sam VR was the exploding frog arena. That was loving hectic, and they play that euro-dubstep-whatever music and I was getting into a groove like dancing around with my double barrels and shooting over my shoulder and it was dope.

Seriously the best part of VR sam is dual wielding all kinds of random poo poo. Spinning around, running like a madman, pew pew pew.

Dear Valve. Please Send Knuckles Soon. Thx.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Which Serious Sam VR game should I play first out of First Encounter and Last Hope?

You'd think the clue would be in the names but who knows

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Gort posted:

Which Serious Sam VR game should I play first out of First Encounter and Last Hope?

You'd think the clue would be in the names but who knows

First Encounter
Second Encounter
Serious Sam 3
In that order IMO

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Wait, so I don't play Last Hope at all?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Gort posted:

Wait, so I don't play Last Hope at all?

Nah you can. I just recommend those first because I'm weird and prefer those 3. Last Hope is good. Its just less "serious sam" than the first 2 and 3 is really good in VR

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like HTC is going to reveal the Cosmos sometime soon. Wonder what they will do for controllers.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like HTC is going to reveal the Cosmos sometime soon. Wonder what they will do for controllers.

They already showed off the controllers, you can see them if you scroll down on this really annoying website

https://www.vive.com/us/cosmos/

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Vader Immortal out for cv1, its pretty great so far.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Oh yeah, that was crossbuy too. Going to have to see how it compares to the Quest version.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the Vader game decent if you aren’t huge into star wars and the last Star Wars movie you saw was episode one and only in a desperate and misguided attempt to get laid?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat I've been doing about 20-30 minutes of Beat Saber all week and halfway through tonight my hands are starting to feel like jelly and I can't keep up with expert songs :lol:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat I've been doing about 20-30 minutes of Beat Saber all week and halfway through tonight my hands are starting to feel like jelly and I can't keep up with expert songs :lol:

Noodle Boy indeed. (I am right there with you; my triceps are constantly low-grade sore/tired these days.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

The Cosmos has also gotten a redesign. At the very least, it's packing mounted headphones like the Deluxe Audio Strap now. The rest of it's currently in a shadow with some bare hints of a redesign to its front surface.

I'm wondering if they're gonna crib off the Rift S's camera placements and add a fifth one.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Cosmos has also gotten a redesign. At the very least, it's packing mounted headphones like the Deluxe Audio Strap now. The rest of it's currently in a shadow with some bare hints of a redesign to its front surface.

I'm wondering if they're gonna crib off the Rift S's camera placements and add a fifth one.

The headphones were there in the January video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dyCNgqaok

I would be extremely surprised if they did a massive redesign to add another camera

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemming posted:

The headphones were there in the January video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dyCNgqaok

I would be extremely surprised if they did a massive redesign to add another camera

It's a bit more ~mystery reveal~ than that, as people have notice the front has redesigned vents in the newest shadowy pic. So there's probably some measure of change to it.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

anyone try Vader Immortal in revive? it's only 12$ so I'll probably just buy it anyway :shrug:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Penpal posted:

anyone try Vader Immortal in revive? it's only 12$ so I'll probably just buy it anyway :shrug:

My Oculus Quest arrived yesterday, and I plan to play it tonight, so I'll post back later. But from one of my friends who has played it, they said it was great.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I imagine it's cool if you like Star Wars and/or want to see the Quest at its graphically best. Otherwise, there ain't much to it regarding gameplay besides the saber dojo. Though this is coming from a fellow person who only watched the prequels to get laid.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't have the room in my study to play Vader, so I'll play it tomorrow in my lounge room when no one is home and post my thoughts then :)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

freeranger posted:

My Oculus Quest arrived yesterday, and I plan to play it tonight, so I'll post back later. But from one of my friends who has played it, they said it was great.
What has that to do with Revive, tho?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Penpal posted:

It's a relatively short Chapter One 'experience' for the price, but it's a premium one. It gets the OT-feel well, and there's some nice 'gently caress yes star wars' moments like a star destroyer flying over your freighter and waking up in a holding cell to the wubwub droid. (apparently Vader makes his right hand man General Steve Blumious slop them out, lol)

The story and characters are pretty good, although I'm never really on board with chatty pal droids, they should be prissy like threepio or snotty like the ones he runs into.

But yeah you get a lightsaber and hang with Vader, its neat.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The only thing I didn't like about it, and it might just be a tall person thing, but it felt wrong being taller than Vader.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

The only thing I didn't like about it, and it might just be a tall person thing, but it felt wrong being taller than Vader.

David Prowse is 6'6" or a hair under 2m tall - how tall are you?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm only 6'3" I just think they got his height wrong in game.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I suspect they tried it with his real height first but user feedback kept telling them the game felt unrealistic because of it.

Incrediblastic
Oct 29, 2010

I eat food.
The hyped HTC Cosmos reveal is the device spinning around for 13 mins.Actual specs next week.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So it has 6 cameras then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Incrediblastic posted:

The hyped HTC Cosmos reveal is the device spinning around for 13 mins.Actual specs next week.

Guess I was right on the money for the camera positions sucking. The new ones seem like a cheap last-minute fix though, and I'm very curious to know what the FOV is like on those cameras. Especially when there's a sole downward-facing one that's going to probably be doing the lion's share of the tracking work for everyday use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Incrediblastic posted:

And I was right, they didn't redesign it to add one camera! They added two cameras. Color me surprised. They're both a part of the faceplate, I wonder if they're going to have different ones available at different prices. They showed it was removable as well.

On the S there's a noticeable dead zone if you have your hands straight down, that camera pointing down will definitely be useful