Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
love to be a cynical un fun haver. these disney songs aint gonna sing themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Dagen H posted:

Obligatory:

No matter how many times I check my car's hood support before sticking my head under, I imagine this has to happen to me at some point.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I follow two people on imgur and this is the other one, he does inspections and posts some of the worst stuff. I’m just gonna link the whole post this time, it’s a heck of a foundation situation:

https://imgur.com/gallery/onYTrtY

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Bad Munki posted:

I follow two people on imgur and this is the other one, he does inspections and posts some of the worst stuff. I’m just gonna link the whole post this time, it’s a heck of a foundation situation:

https://imgur.com/gallery/onYTrtY

i don't know if i could have continued to stay under a building once i observed that i could pull chunks of the foundation loose with minimal effort. person is brave as hell for sticking around long enough to record the video, i would have immediately skedaddled out from under that death trap.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1lve8EqKM&t=132s

2:12

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Youth Decay posted:

The location, year built and style makes me think that it's from the same builder as the McMarble house I posted in the Interior Design thread which suspiciously lacks a good photo of the facade beyond the two-story entry. The rear gives a good hint though.

Jesus christ, every bathroom in that house looks like a late 90s graphics test

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

B-Nasty posted:

No matter how many times I check my car's hood support before sticking my head under, I imagine this has to happen to me at some point.

That is absolutely Ford Falcon Boot.mov (no matter how many times I warn people)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.domain.com.au/30-norval-crescent-coolaroo-vic-3048-2015167772

click through the pics til you get inside. D:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^^ Whoah!

And in far less garish, but just as stupid, design decisions:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

might

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"There isn't enough room for all that furniture"

"The gently caress there isn't, hold my wine cooler"

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Why do I have the urge to punch that guy?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

^^^^ Whoah!

The garage is slowly taking over the rest of the house.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

^^^^ Whoah!

Looks like one of those fake houses they put up to hide an electrical substation, or ventilation for a tunnel.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There's a lot to unpack in that thing.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

^^^^ Whoah!

Someone was reading the blueprint upside down?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

I think that would be fine if it didn't have the giant overhang above the front door.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Guy Axlerod posted:

Looks like one of those fake houses they put up to hide an electrical substation, or ventilation for a tunnel.

It's for sale in a recent housing development by a golf course for cashed up retirees.

Check out the wonderful lounge room window:

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Loooong loooong pooooooorch

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Megillah Gorilla posted:

^^^^ Whoah!

It's like a drivethru for children on tricycles

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dr.Smasher posted:

I think that would be fine if it didn't have the giant overhang above the front door.

The giant overhang that's also off center.

Plus, that first upper window to the left of the overhang is different than the other 3 upper windows...not as tall by like 6-8", looks like.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Chitin posted:

Loooong loooong pooooooorch

I want a house with a short door and a looooooooooong porch.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

I assume you're supposed to sort of waddle out of the toilet closet, spray yourself clean, then use the TP to dry? Or give it the ole reacharound if you want some TP to get yourself started? (It looks like there is a bidet on the toilet? Is that other one for spraying off diapers or something?)

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I just can't take my eyes off the extreme left turn you have to take when leaving the garage.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dr.Smasher posted:

And if the door weren't off-center. And if the two sides of the house weren't at slightly different levels.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, I don't get the low windows, either - they used them in the lounge, too.
I totally thought that the garage had been converted to a room, but the floorplan claims it's still a garage, os just an interesting door, I guess.

H110Hawk posted:

I assume you're supposed to sort of waddle out of the toilet closet, spray yourself clean, then use the TP to dry? Or give it the ole reacharound if you want some TP to get yourself started? (It looks like there is a bidet on the toilet? Is that other one for spraying off diapers or something?)

I was wondering about the bidet location, myself. Didn't even see the seat mounted one until you pointed it out.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Phanatic posted:

And if the door weren't off-center. And if the two sides of the house weren't at slightly different levels.

I hadn't noticed the door. Burn it down and start from scratch.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dahir Insaat house looking mediocre.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Dahir Insaat house looking mediocre.

It was one of the earlier ones before he discovered snap-to-grid in Blender

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

That porch had to be an addition. Take it off and it's pretty much every split-level built from late 60s - mid-70s.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Goober Peas posted:

That porch had to be an addition. Take it off and it's pretty much every split-level built from late 60s - mid-70s.

Well yeah I got that, but why off center, why just a wide sidewalk, why spend that much effort and money on a low reward thing.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Again, a house requiring an allowance in the mortgage so the buyer can afford to hire someone to cart all the seller's tacky poo poo to the dump.

I don't want your stupid loving poo poo taste in interior decoration, I want an empty house so I can indulge my own personal stupid loving poo poo taste in interior decoration.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I don't get the low windows, either - they used them in the lounge, too.
I totally thought that the garage had been converted to a room, but the floorplan claims it's still a garage, os just an interesting door, I guess.

I was wondering about the bidet location, myself. Didn't even see the seat mounted one until you pointed it out.

Maybe it's for people in wheelchairs.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rndmnmbr posted:

Again, a house requiring an allowance in the mortgage so the buyer can afford to hire someone to cart all the seller's tacky poo poo to the dump.

I don't want your stupid loving poo poo taste in interior decoration, I want an empty house so I can indulge my own personal stupid loving poo poo taste in interior decoration.

after having just moved to a new house about a month ago, i can confirm i will never move with my extant furniture again. whenever i sell my current house i'm selling it fully furnished and the new owner can burn it all in the back yard for all i care. i'll start fresh in the new house with new poo poo because loving having to move that much poo poo again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Freaking Crumbum posted:

after having just moved to a new house about a month ago, i can confirm i will never move with my extant furniture again. whenever i sell my current house i'm selling it fully furnished and the new owner can burn it all in the back yard for all i care. i'll start fresh in the new house with new poo poo because loving having to move that much poo poo again.

I’ve lived in my current house for 20 years and omg the poo poo I’ve accumulated with kids/wife. I feel I’m trapped here for ever lol

And I gotta move a friend tomorrow (supposed to rain) and he sold all his furniture and poo poo, so I said I’d help.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve lived in my current house for 20 years and omg the poo poo I’ve accumulated with kids/wife. I feel I’m trapped here for ever lol

And I gotta move a friend tomorrow (supposed to rain) and he sold all his furniture and poo poo, so I said I’d help.

About a decade ago, I went to visit a friend in another state for a few days. I woke up one morning to some voice mails from people I worked with telling me that there was a huge fire near where I lived and that it might have been my apartment building.

I was pretty disappointed to find out that it wasn't my building, not because I didn't like my apartment (it was very nice for the price), but because a fire would have been great for unburdening me from all my stuff.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah...I moved a couple of years ago after 15 years in the same house. Goddamn, that was painful.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

ulmont posted:

Yeah...I moved a couple of years ago after 15 years in the same house. Goddamn, that was painful.

My house is 80% tools at this point, and not just because I live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Jaded Burnout posted:

My house is 80% tools at this point, and not just because I live there.

By volume? What, is it a frat house?