Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

The only technique that matters is the shoes cause it lets you access stuff early easily and if playing hard mode and above gives you invulnerable frames. The others seem to be junk.

Off the top of my head, the first whip one is good since its just a better faster normal attack that does about 2.5 times damage, the extendy pole is great, the dagger teleport is also good since it homes in and goes through walls and floors/ceilings. A lot of them are fun and feel good so therefore are good, but a few are junk, like the heavy blade one that is impossible to not take damage during or get bumped out of the charge up, or the twirling spear one that does horrible damage and not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just to check, are there any more button combos for techniques other than:
quarter circle forward, attack
quarter circle back, forward, attack
double tap forward, attack
double tap down, attack
full circle, attack

i run through them all whenever i get a new weapon just to see if i can pick up any new techniques, but i don’t know if i’m missing any

edit: oh and just “tap attack like a madman” i guess

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 20, 2019

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

On the topic of Bloodless, I'm wondering if my situation is common or not. I got to her earlier than what appears to be the intended path by double jump kicking up a series of candles into her area just after getting the double jump.

It was only afterwards that I realized the intended route is probably to do twin towers and such to eventually get the laser teleport and get into her area that way. That said, the way I reached her area is clearly also intended since those candles are very obviously placed to allow the series of jumps I did. Maybe it's there as a speed run route to the bad ending?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm a little sad greatswords only have one ability, the 236X one, but the way it works is great.

You start off running really slow but you gradually build up speed to a ludicrous degree (like, Power of Wolf level speed), and the more speed you gain, the more damage the attack does. It's a bit of an MP hog, especially if you really want to get a running start, but you get a nice chunk of armor when you actually have the attack going so it's pretty nice. I do wish greatswords had an aerial 22X helm splitter like the other swords do though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

just to check, are there any more button combos for techniques other than:
quarter circle forward, attack
quarter circle back, forward, attack
double tap forward, attack
double tap down, attack
full circle, attack

i run through them all whenever i get a new weapon just to see if i can pick up any new techniques, but i don’t know if i’m missing any

edit: oh and just “tap attack like a madman” i guess
Forward back forward attack

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t speak your crazy fighting moon language is 236 a quarter circle forward starting from up

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Master the knifey boots at the start for their down-down-x technique because it has iframes for days and despite the description saying it's used from the air you can do it from the ground too

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i don’t speak your crazy fighting moon language is 236 a quarter circle forward starting from up

It's from the layout on a numpad. It's what you said except starting from down, not up.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
2nd boss got hyped up a bit for difficulty but I feel a little guilty I got him in one go by spamming heals lol

Food is OP.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Forward, back, forward + attack is missing from that list

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Seriously where is Monster Fur? Can somebody post their archive showing where it comes from?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I like how the guy who does your cooking/crafting says things like "you're up early" or "you're working late" depending on real-world time.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zereth posted:

Seriously where is Monster Fur? Can somebody post their archive showing where it comes from?

Drops from Simians, the tiny monster monkeys you can find in the garden and the cathedral.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Drops from Simians, the tiny monster monkeys you can find in the garden and the cathedral.
Thank you

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I like how the guy who does your cooking/crafting says things like "you're up early" or "you're working late" depending on real-world time.

I don't

he don't know me, I don't need his judgement

I don't need his dorky rear end bringing attention to the fact that I'm grinding for tails at four in the morning

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm liking dullahammer head familiar because they don't have to go into any kind of animation to hit enemies. They're pretty aggressive and hit harder than I do, really saving me on hard mode (they're on the boat). Unfortunately they're like a 2% drop so getting more heads is a grind

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I don't

I don't need his dorky rear end bringing attention to the fact that I'm grinding for tails at four in the morning

https://youtu.be/68mbFvenlaQ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm still outraged I don't get a demon cat familiar

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Broken Cog posted:

Do anyone actually use techniques? They can be pretty finicky to do on keyboard, and their damage or utility usually doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

Pretty much do the boots one constantly for traveling and iframes, and the one on the three section staff was solid. I'm with you on the other ones seeming to be trash that eat your mp that is better used summoning 50 bats.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Do anyone actually use techniques? They can be pretty finicky to do on keyboard, and their damage or utility usually doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

The katana parry is nice. So is the rapier flurry.

But they shouldn't have made these things use MP - the complex inputs should have remained the barrier to spamming them.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I don't

I thought it was fixed text until I woke up early this morning and had some time to kill so I ran around and farmed for stuff to upgrade my Greatsword Expertise shard. He started talking about being up early and it dawned on me then.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Deified Data posted:

The katana parry is nice. So is the rapier flurry.

But they shouldn't have made these things use MP - the complex inputs should have remained the barrier to spamming them.

Critical Strike that you learn from the thorn whip gives you an instant critical hit and a crazy big hit box *every* time you use it. I said it before, but once you start boosting your mp limit and recharge time it doesn't become a problem.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I’m liking this game so far but the main thing I’m disappointed in is the music. It’s not bad but it’s just not as memorable as sotn soundtrack. Also it starts with a grand swell powerful song on the boat and then when you finally get to the castle it’s dark then a crash and the lights come on and the music swells and plays a song similar to the one on the boat but not as good.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Has anyone figured out the story with the two-face portrait that looks at you?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Techniques own but it's not the same without the SotN voice acting

DAWK MEDDAMOWFATHITH

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I'm going to share my pain for anyone who didn't realize it, but there are medals you get for no-damaging bosses. They don't have any obvious function but they might count for item completion so now you are like me and have to get them all.

garfield hentai posted:

Techniques own but it's not the same without the SotN voice acting

DAWK MEDDAMOWFATHITH

The umbrella has TAKE THIS! And looks awesome so there are some.

Kobogartimer fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 20, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in order of ecclesia they were just for bragging rights at least but obviously that makes no guarantees for bloodstained

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MY SELF AND MY SHADOW :byodood:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So do I need to learn to use boots, or some other weapon, to get a little extra movement in the air now that I've gotten double jump?

As soon as I got the double jump shard I went back to the wreck of the boat, where a few areas had been out of reach initially, and I've accessed all of them except one that requires standing on a part of the mast that is swinging back and forth. When I double jump right at the end of the swing, I seem to miss the new area by just a fraction of an inch, so I'm thinking maybe there's some trick to just getting out a little bit further. Is this a boot thing?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No Damage Medals came from OoE and I am very glad to see them return

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

McCoy Pauley posted:

So do I need to learn to use boots, or some other weapon, to get a little extra movement in the air now that I've gotten double jump?

As soon as I got the double jump shard I went back to the wreck of the boat, where a few areas had been out of reach initially, and I've accessed all of them except one that requires standing on a part of the mast that is swinging back and forth. When I double jump right at the end of the swing, I seem to miss the new area by just a fraction of an inch, so I'm thinking maybe there's some trick to just getting out a little bit further. Is this a boot thing?

I was able to make the gap with just double jump but it took way too many tries and was absolutely not worth the effort.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

CRAYON posted:

I was able to make the gap with just double jump but it took way too many tries and was absolutely not worth the effort.

You can get it with just the boots you find on the boat so that might explain why the reward isn't amazing.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

McCoy Pauley posted:

Just use the kung fu shoes qcf attack in midair and you can probably eke it out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i made that jump on the ship with the warp ray thing. if you aim it right you can get a good departing angle when you pop out of it.

nothing on the ship is really gamebreaking, though, although the sectional staff is fun and solid enough

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh also in Nightmare mode apparent you don't level up. I restarted on hard and cruised through the Galleon and the first enemy I killed that exploded into the LEVEL UP animation was very confusing

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I got the sectional staff right after getting double jump, and it out-damaged all my other weapons for a while, even without a mastery shard. The technique it has is really good too, I mastered it without even knowing about mastery!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stands to reason, in keeping with mentioning order of ecclesia repeatedly on this page, after you beat it once there was a hard mode that capped your level to 50, and an ultra hard mode that capped you to 1

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So I beat the game and the DLCs today. Really, really fun. I do wonder what the Celeste Room is for.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Begemot posted:

I got the sectional staff right after getting double jump, and it out-damaged all my other weapons for a while, even without a mastery shard. The technique it has is really good too, I mastered it without even knowing about mastery!

That skill is actually unmasterable, it's unique to that specific staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

RichterIX posted:

Just use the kung fu shoes qcf attack in midair and you can probably eke it out.

drat -- I suppose I should finally learn how to do a haduken. Even if the reward isn't great, it just irks me too much to leave an unexplored square behind.