Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

This links to part 32.

fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So apparently the bath towel is an underwear accessory, not a whole-body one. So it only shows up when they're already out of their armour, like in the baths.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
so the bath towel only shows up when theyre in the baths, but we've already seen that people wear that in there anyway, so whats the point?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

There's apparently weapons that have a bonus effect of cosmetically stripping off your enemies' armor, leaving them in their underwear in the battle animation. Supposedly if you have a bath towel equipped it would show that instead.
I doubt more than 1 NPC in the game even has that weapon, if that. So who knows what they were thinking with that interaction.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I guess it's just another mechanic that didn't get as much work as it needed.

Also it's a shame that we're not going to get to see most people wearing these accessories too since animations are all off.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
For the record, the "remove targets' armor" weapons are called Raider weapons, except for magic which is called Disrobing Gale (which is hard to misinterpret). They only appear from the "find item" events in the base and during Challenges (and even then I think some of them don't appear in Birthright). They're actually pretty good; a bit weaker and less accurate than Iron-tier weapons, but they give +3 attack speed and are E-rank weapons with no real drawbacks (unless you count the creepiness factor of "that guy I'm fighting is naked now" which can be bypassed by just skipping combat animations- plus it's not like they're wearing much to begin with, unfortunately. Honestly, I feel like some of the Nohrian units actually wear MORE after you strip them).

Anyway, this whole "Flora betrays you because reasons" thing is retarded. The resolution is even worse.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Fire Emblem Fates: (The resolution is even worse)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

With enough copious applications of 69, even FE: Fates can become more tolerable.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Kuvo posted:

so the bath towel only shows up when theyre in the baths, but we've already seen that people wear that in there anyway, so whats the point?

Not by default. It's more obvious with the nohr units who wear black (like in an earlier video with silas you can see he's wearing black briefs in the water) but people who don't have the bath towel equipped just wear their underwear into the hot springs.

It's not sanitary.

I hate this game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frog: new video
Ep 34 - Lost in the Ice (part 2)

oops forgot to release this thursday

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's funny that you sent Jakob trick or treating considering he's one of the few characters they gave a Halloween costume in the mobile game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope Felicia gets her raise after this.

Hell, Mozu deserves a raise too.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Glad you guys are still enjoying Mozu Emblem. This game has flaws but there's still some things that remain classic.

(aaaaa i dont even know if you know what a Master Seal does promote Kaden)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
As hilarious as that would be, there's no way Vicas doesn't say "At least try it and see what happens"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frog: new video
Ep 35 - Lost in the Ice (part 3)

a fiery conclusion, bean forfeiture, slathering that gunk, PTSD, jealous petting, performance reviews

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
What the gently caress Fire Emblem?

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Flora's death is easily the most stupid part of this particular story. It's got a lot of competition, but it reaches the top spot for me.

Her betrayal was completely pointless, because as you said, we could keep her entire village safe in another realm. The plot introduced the magic castle in another realm as part of the plot then just forgets it exists any time it could be helpful. Then Flora just decides that there's literally no other option and tries to kill herself. With magic fire that lets her talk normally whilst burning alive instead of just screaming in agony. As you do.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It might be worthwhile to master seal Sakura and Azama even though their levels aren't particularly high, when healers class up they become able to actually attack.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
You know, I think I'd be pretty miffed if I played full price for the game and this is what I got.

At least we still have the Waifu Simulator 2k15 and Mozu Emblem expansion packs.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Just remember that this is the least poorly written of the three paths.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So how long before Let's Play! > Fire Emblem Fates: I regret...everything.

or was that used earlier at some point?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Scarlet, that'll break off immediately.
e: (Though I guess it doesn't matter if she keep murder-critting anything that even dares look at him.)

SubNat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 20, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The resemblance is uncanny!

Bedazzling your husband's face on your sword is the most Chome-like thing I can imagine, the two really are perfect for each other.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Flora's death is easily the most stupid part of this particular story. It's got a lot of competition, but it reaches the top spot for me.

Her betrayal was completely pointless, because as you said, we could keep her entire village safe in another realm. The plot introduced the magic castle in another realm as part of the plot then just forgets it exists any time it could be helpful. Then Flora just decides that there's literally no other option and tries to kill herself. With magic fire that lets her talk normally whilst burning alive instead of just screaming in agony. As you do.

What gets me is that all the other characters were saying how stupid and pointless it was too! No one makes any sort of case that this is reasonable or noble! Even if you're taking the game seriously, you can really only conclude that she died stupidly for no reason?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yeah, it seems they were kind of relying too much on Awakening's success to get sales rather than making sure they actually got Fates right. The "three paths" thing was probably only the first offense, albeit perhaps the worst due to trying to cram three games into one dev cycle (with all the rushing that implies).

And I told you the resolution was even worse than the betrayal. Not only is the suicide thing an idiotic, unsubtle way of preventing a route-exclusive character from joining in the other route in spite of all reason (again, there was basically no reason for her to not join you as a STARTING CHARACTER), but with how they did it there really should've been a way for your characters to save her (for example, this would be a perfect time for the protagonist, who is a WATER DRAGON, to figure out how to spray water at will, and thus upgrade Dragonstones with the ability to do ranged attacks... except that would require the writers to remember that he's a dragon).

Anyway, I think that if they're gonna forget that something's in the game, that something shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Like, there's basically no reason for you to have a magic pocket dimension castle thing (ugh, I feel sick just typing that), and the game never remembers that you have said castle, so why put it in in the first place instead of justifying the player's base as "here, you're royalty and so we have some land for you to rule over in your country of choice" (which makes infinitely more sense)?

I'm bothered by the fact that you didn't max people's levels before promoting them, but I'm sure you don't need to go that far; it's probably my overleveling perfectionist tendencies rearing their head again.

I'm not fond of the Forge mechanics. I mean, you need a ridiculous number of copies to level up a weapon; it's not too bad for the first couple levels since +1 only needs two copies, but since it goes up to +7 and you need two copies of THE PREVIOUS LEVEL to upgrade a weapon that means you need... what was it, 128 copies for each? And obviously, you're never getting anywhere near that many of most weapons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I can't think of it ever being worse than this. But I don't know about Tharicca (sp) or a lot of the other games so people dying if you haven't hit A-Rank with them may've happened before this.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I can't think of it ever being worse than this. But I don't know about Tharicca (sp) or a lot of the other games so people dying if you haven't hit A-Rank with them may've happened before this.

No, I'm pretty sure this is the only FE game to date that pulls that stunt. You might be thinking of Genealogy, though; you do lose basically your entire army at one point, but that happens regardless of support levels. But anyway, if it wasn't avoidable, pointless, and completely without warning then I'm pretty sure that fewer people would have issues with the Kaze thing.

By the way, I think you mean "Thracia."

As for being "worse than this..." how does "this guy tried to kill me twice, let's go back and hope he doesn't murder me on the spot just for not dying on command" sound to you? I'd say that one act makes Nohr!Chome the dumbest version possible all on its own. This, incidentally, is another of the devs' mistakes: The player has almost literally no reason to join the Nohrian faction other than completionism, creepily-skimpy outfits, and creepy-sister tits, and several very good reasons not to (sister is creepy, Garon sent me on a suicide mission with what amounts to a Devil Sword, Garon tried to kill me, Garon tried to kill me again and got my mom in the crossfire, Garon is obviously still trying to kill me, there's probably a conspiracy going on with how the Nohrian army showed up right when the pacifism spell was broken, Xander is the worst scum in the game because he refuses to stand up to Garon even when given the opportunity and every reason to do so... wait, that last one isn't obvious by that point).

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

CptWedgie posted:

I'm bothered by the fact that you didn't max people's levels before promoting them, but I'm sure you don't need to go that far; it's probably my overleveling perfectionist tendencies rearing their head again.

It's not a problem in this game, since there are eternal seals that let you keep leveling after you hit level 20 promoted.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Well technically in FE9 you can lose a unit if you tell her to fight her Dad without having an A rank support with somebody in your army.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Well technically in FE9 you can lose a unit if you tell her to fight her Dad without having an A rank support with somebody in your army.

The game does warn you not to try it in one of the base conversations (though maybe it's not 100% clear enough?) and her Dad is the game's Camus archetype (i.e. "He's a good man and doesn't deserve to die but we have no choice but to kill him anyhow") so this wound up being a part of FE9's narrative that I actually appreciated, unlike in Fates.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I usually don't promote anyone (that's not a healer) in Conquest who's not 20 but Birthright isn't that punishingly difficult and you can grind in it so it doesn't matter.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ephraim225 posted:

The game does warn you not to try it in one of the base conversations (though maybe it's not 100% clear enough?) and her Dad is the game's Camus archetype (i.e. "He's a good man and doesn't deserve to die but we have no choice but to kill him anyhow") so this wound up being a part of FE9's narrative that I actually appreciated, unlike in Fates.

It's also not automatic (and neither is she force deployed, so you could just not bring her at all) and it's not like she's the obvious choice to fight her dad. She's not a bad choice, per se, but there are better options.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well unless you guys decide to reveal your second health bar at some point and start LPing Conquest too, this is starting to wrap up but I wanna ask if you're thinking about grinding for the visit and battle bonus items. There's a sword in there that prevents people from attacking twice and also from killing anyone with over 1 HP.

So, you take that, give it to Ryoma and send him out into a mob of enemies and suddenly Mozu and murder maid are max level.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

You've reached the point where you should consider mass promotions. I think the difficulty starts ramping up a bit steeper soon.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Well unless you guys decide to reveal your second health bar at some point and start LPing Conquest too, this is starting to wrap up but I wanna ask if you're thinking about grinding for the visit and battle bonus items. There's a sword in there that prevents people from attacking twice and also from killing anyone with over 1 HP.

So, you take that, give it to Ryoma and send him out into a mob of enemies and suddenly Mozu and murder maid are max level.

If it’s a dumb grind, cheat them in. The only thing that should be grinded is love.

e: Or cheat their love in too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mega64 posted:

If it’s a dumb grind, cheat them in. The only thing that should be grinded is love.

e: Or cheat their love in too.

:ssh: I'm keeping kayfabe

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mega64 posted:

The only thing that should be grinded is love.

:quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

inthesto posted:

Just remember that this is the least poorly written of the three paths.

I thought people considered Conquest the best of the 3? Or is that just on a gameplay level?