Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Saw this on another site and don’t think it was posted here so

Dallas shooters parents must have been antivax since he missed all his shots and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Godholio posted:

Stopped clock gets it right for a moment: Senate votes to block arms sales.

If that's the same set of bills I looked at earlier, SJ RES 36, 37 (I assume, govtrack didn't list it in the email), and 38, they're also blocking the sales to the UK, Spain, and Italy. Presumably because those three would be likely to sell the munitions on to the Saudis.

Edit: Actually might just be 36 and 38.

SJ RES 36:

quote:

JOINT RESOLUTION

Providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed transfer to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Kingdom of Spain, and the Italian Republic of certain defense articles and services.

That the issuance of a manufacturing license, technical assistance license, or export license with respect to any of the following proposed agreements or transfers to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Kingdom of Spain, and the Italian Republic is prohibited:
(1)The transfer of the following defense articles, including defense services and technical data, described in Executive Communication 1427 (EC–1427) submitted to Congress pursuant to subsections (c) and (d) of section 36 of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2776) and published in the Congressional Record on June 3, 2019:
(A)Coproduction and manufacture in Saudi Arabia of Paveway Pre-Amp Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA), Guidance Electronics Assembly (GEA) CCAs, and Control Actuator System (CAS) CCAs for all Paveway variants.
(B)Coproduction and manufacture in Saudi Arabia of Paveway II Guidance Electronics Detector Assemblies (GEDA) and Computer Control Groups (CCG).
(C)The transfer of up to 64,603 additional kits, partial kits, and full-up-rounds.

and SJ RES 38:

quote:

JOINT RESOLUTION

Providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed export to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland of certain defense articles and services.

That the issuance of an export license with respect to the following proposed exports to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is prohibited:
(1)The transfer of the following defense articles, including services and technical data, described in Executive Communication 1422 (EC–1422) submitted to Congress pursuant to section 36(c) of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2776(c)) and published in the Congressional Record on June 3, 2019: The proposed transfer of defense articles, defense services, and technical data to support the manufacture of the Aurora Fuzing System for the Paveway IV Precision Guided Bomb Program.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 21, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

crazyivan45 posted:

Saw this on another site and don’t think it was posted here so

Dallas shooters parents must have been antivax since he missed all his shots and died

:perfect:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
TFR started that, pretty sure it was Cyrano4747.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Full credit to Cyrano in that case

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I have idiots on my Facebook ready to go to war over a loving drone. It's almost like people don't think of the actual human costs of war. It's also almost like people are loving idiots.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It'd be one thing if they killed a bunch of our people. Even then, a measured series surgical strikes at military targets and greatly increased multilateral sanctions that basically bankrupt them would be a preferred response to that, rather than sending 130k Americans for a full scale invasion.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's almost like we created drones so that whenever we lose one we can go "whatever". Lockheed gets theirs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I have idiots on my Facebook ready to go to war over a loving drone. It's almost like people don't think of the actual human costs of war. It's also almost like people are loving idiots.

Imagine being such a masochist you're on facebook in 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://soundcloud.com/the-dollop/244-the-battle-of-hayes-pond

The dollop episode on this one is almost as good as the one on the Fenians

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
There was one guy in my basic training platoon who claimed to be a Lumbee.

He also had a 6" swastika tattooed over his heart, white circle background with a red field behind it and all. Apparently that wasn't a problem!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yo I heard the Ayatollah personally killed our downed drone, who Are Troops at the Hanger tearfully recounted that they named him Wall-E.

YOU KILL OUR DRONE
YOU DIE ALONE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bored As gently caress posted:

It'd be one thing if they killed a bunch of our people. Even then, a measured series surgical strikes at military targets and greatly increased multilateral sanctions that basically bankrupt them would be a preferred response to that, rather than sending 130k Americans for a full scale invasion.

Oh it's gonna take more than 130k. We got lucky and took a bunch of foreign idiots in with us last time we stumbled into Iraq. This is gonna be more like 250k minimum. Before the international community (lol) throws a pack of useless dildos at the effort. Especially since we're kinda the assholes right now (arguable, let's not though). They'll easily gain support from a variety of international actors and weapons won't be piecemeal cold war leftovers. They also aren't comparable to what we encountered rolling into Iraq, there's a level of competency there that Saddam couldn't train or collect, let alone maintain.

I'm not gonna grover all over this, because I'm trying to not think about middle east wars right now and definitely not educated enough on it, but it will be very ugly if Bolton and Pompeo can drum up even a mousefart of energy into trump to do it.

That said, maybe a grover: persia thread is relevant.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Im in my initial Officer training pipeline and its astonishing the amount of Officers that have no idea that Iran has been ready for this poo poo since the 70s. This would be a meat grinder for US troops. How these idiots can think we're gonna steamroll though anyone after Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan is downright perplexing.

But mah jingoism :fsmug:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A lot of this stuff is a rerun of the leadup to the Iraq war. It's just that the leadership is stupider and basically refuses to put in even the minimal effort to convince the public. It also doesn't help/hurt that there isn't anybody else left in the administration with blanket nonpartisan credibility, especially with Mattis gone.

So instead you have stupid chucklefucks trying to dickwave on Facebook from their basements :toot:

It's kind of like they have the playbook on how to convince us on a war, but it was written to the college level and they don't quite grasp the concepts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Right wing blogs in the early 2000s used to sell shirts that said poo poo like "US Military Invasion Tour 2004", that listed all the countries in the region as "stops". Alongside a bunch of anti-France poo poo. These idiots will never learn.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FAUXTON posted:

https://soundcloud.com/the-dollop/244-the-battle-of-hayes-pond

The dollop episode on this one is almost as good as the one on the Fenians

I did a reenactment of the first Fenian Raid back in 2016. The Battle of Ridgeway.

Poor Fenians. Set out to liberate Ireland, accidentally liberated Canada instead.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Imagine being such a masochist you're on facebook in 2019

Imagine being such a bitch you make smoke Crack look legitimate

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Imagine being such a bitch you make smoke Crack look legitimate

Let's not say things we can't take back :stare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who the gently caress is smoke crack

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A bitch

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Word on the street is he's a bitch.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2390

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:laffo: someone made a SAclopedia entry about him.

I started posting here just after he hosed up whatever project it was he was working on/trying to send to other people (patches, maybe?) and a solid 1/3 of the posts were "Smoke Crack is a bitch, qtiyd". He posted a thread to announce he was finally getting his DD-214, and the first response was something along the lines of "you might be out, but you're still a bitch".

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Was the whole bitching out on being pepper sprayed thing really that long ago? Jesus we’re all getting loving old

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If giving someone good advice makes me a bitch then I'mma own that

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

:laffo: someone made a SAclopedia entry about him.

I started posting here just after he hosed up whatever project it was he was working on/trying to send to other people (patches, maybe?) and a solid 1/3 of the posts were "Smoke Crack is a bitch, qtiyd". He posted a thread to announce he was finally getting his DD-214, and the first response was something along the lines of "you might be out, but you're still a bitch".

I thought he was supposed to do something on camera but I might be thinking of someone else

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I came in right around that time, and thought it was a Four Loko Power Hour, but he bitched out, then was supposed to get OC sprayed, but bitched on that, too.

Or I am totally wrong.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Russia and Iran have only been theory crafting how to sink a carrier battle group for decades

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It was four loko power hour. His AV used to be a pair of crossed four loko cans in honor of his bitch status

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Russia and Iran have only been theory crafting how to sink a carrier battle group for decades

Just fire a nuke at it

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I thought it was GIVE NO FUCKS patches, which he hosed up and resulted in the 4-Loko power hour, which he then hosed up and escalated to somehow getting pepper sprayed. Maybe? Idk I’ve been in here entirely too long, I first started posting in GiP right after I got out of the army (in 2012 :stare: )

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wait did hope hicks actually testify about the pee tape

is the pee tape real again

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait did hope hicks actually testify about the pee tape

is the pee tape real again

The pee tape has always been real

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:nws: https://www.pissta.pe :nws:

it was always real

edit: if that link isnt working (i cant tell cause my hotel wifi is terrible) it redirects here: https://imgur.com/hWbkLqU :nws:

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 21, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

If giving someone good advice makes me a bitch then I'mma own that

Okay, bitch

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Knives Amilli posted:

Im in my initial Officer training pipeline and its astonishing the amount of Officers that have no idea that Iran has been ready for this poo poo since the 70s. This would be a meat grinder for US troops. How these idiots can think we're gonna steamroll though anyone after Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan is downright perplexing.

But mah jingoism :fsmug:

Iran got ready for this poo poo after Desert Storm. After years of war with Iraq they were pretty worn out; but they saw what happened in 90/91 just like everyone else. The entirety of the list of potential US adversaries collectively gulped and started spending money.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

I did a reenactment of the first Fenian Raid back in 2016. The Battle of Ridgeway.

Poor Fenians. Set out to liberate Ireland, accidentally liberated Canada instead.

Relevant,

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

It was four loko power hour. His AV used to be a pair of crossed four loko cans in honor of his bitch status

We were doing a GiP sobriety challenge (with a twist) and the penalty for breaking was to do a Smirnoff Ice power hour (or something similarly horrendous). We agreed that you could drink on St. Patrick's day, but the penalty for breaking would increase to doing a FourLoko power hour.

He took the St. Patrick's day option and then fell off the wagon, and then promptly disappeared prior to carrying out his GiPly duty.

e: Here (requires archives): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469077

psydude fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Reminder: Joe Biden opposed school busing, and reached out to a proud white supremacist for help opposing it.

quote:

Joe Biden was a freshman senator, the youngest member of the august body, when he reached out to an older colleague for help on one of his early legislative proposals: The courts were ordering racially segregated school districts to bus children to create more integrated classrooms, a practice Biden opposed and wanted to change.

“I want you to know that I very much appreciate your help during this week’s Committee meeting in attempting to bring my antibusing legislation to a vote,” Biden wrote on June 30, 1977.

The recipient of Biden’s entreaty was Sen. James O. Eastland, at the time a well-known segregationist who had called blacks “an inferior race” and once vowed to prevent blacks and whites from eating together in Washington. The exchange, revealed in a series of letters, offers a new glimpse into an old relationship that erupted this week as a major controversy for Biden’s presidential campaign.

Biden on Wednesday night described his relationship with Eastland as one he “had to put up with.” He said of his relationships with Eastland and another staunch segregationist and southern Democrat, Sen. Herman Talmadge of Georgia, that “the fact of the matter is that we were able to do it because we were able to win — we were able to beat them on everything they stood for.”

But the letters show a different type of relationship, one in which they were aligned on a legislative issue. Biden said at the time that he did not think that busing was the best way to integrate schools in Delaware and that systemic racism should be dealt with by investing in schools and improving housing policies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.01fea1008f46