Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GoldStandardConure posted:

lot of bourgie fucks in this thread

Anyone with a job and no pressing mortgage/caring responsibilities can buy $1000 bricks of stock every couple of months. I'm bad at saving because I just see that money as something a fuckhead bank is giving me nothing for and turning into 7% or more for themselves. I'd rather manage my own money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm bad at saving because capitalism is going to kill us before I get to retire anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Says the home owner

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So the potato is just quoting MRA talking points these days? He really is loathsome.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you want to invest in weed I’ll do you a qp for 900 meet me behind subway

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

Anidav posted:

He is not the opposition leader, he is the Labor leader because Bill Shorten was just so devisive .

The lesson Labor learned is to apparently be a doormat until the economy tanks then open the trap door beneath the doormat or something.

I'm 90% sure that all devisive means at this stage is didn't go on loving sunrise enough

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

If you want to invest in weed I’ll do you a qp for 900 meet me behind subway

post username in coalition

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Most of the thread are in their thirties posting on an auspol thread on a paid internet forum that requires payments for avatar changes. The greatest lie here is those in denial that they are the bourgie milquetoast lower-l liberals than the working class tankies they wish they were.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Yeah I think CAN is out of gas for sure.

I'm thinking about getting more AMS I have faith in it

Why do you have more faith in AMS than CPH or AGH?

AMS is going sideways imo. If it breaks up, sure jump on, but you would do better putting money into AGH for now and taking it out when/if ams breaks.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

Says the home owner

my home is personal property not private property

no you cannot have my toothbrush hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Where's brown blitzkrieg when you need him.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

Why do you have more faith in AMS than CPH or AGH?

AMS is going sideways imo. If it breaks up, sure jump on, but you would do better putting money into AGH for now and taking it out when/if ams breaks.

Was considering it as well as, not at the exclusion of. I don't know now that I've build up a bit of money in stock I like to try and buy three or four different things at a time and spread the money around.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

Where's brown blitzkrieg when you need him.

starting a museum or some poo poo like that

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

my home is personal property not private property

no you cannot have my toothbrush hambeet

Your lungs are now owned by the state comrade.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

starting a museum or some poo poo like that

Really?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I purchased AP eagars stock at 6 dollars and I'm pretty happy right now.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
loving lol if you haven’t made soup out of dog bones in the last week

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Yeah, for old vintage computers out in some community center in the rural town he lives in.

He's out there living his best life.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

Says the home owner

GSC may own a home, but you own yourself.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

GSC may own a home, but you own yourself.

That's some inspirational poster quote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey it's dob a dodgy boss in time again

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/11234126

quote:

Referrals from the public about suspected tax evasion have nearly doubled from a year ago

Most tip-offs relate to under-reported income and demands to be paid in cash

ATO will launch an anonymous "crime stoppers" line for suspected tax evasion

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

That's some inspirational poster quote

I'll never own a home, but I might yet own the means of production.

EDIT: Similar to "I've accepted I'll never be a billionaire, but I still might get to eat one."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah, for old vintage computers out in some community center in the rural town he lives in.

He's out there living his best life.

That's pretty cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wanna go see BB's computer museum, hell yeah

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

Hey it's dob a dodgy boss in time again

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/11234126

What a surprise, looks like the other cohort that invariably votes Liberals - Small Business Owners - also don't pay tax, despite demanding tax cuts at the expense of economic sustainability!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Was considering it as well as, not at the exclusion of. I don't know now that I've build up a bit of money in stock I like to try and buy three or four different things at a time and spread the money around.

Ok, but if you have a choice between a stock that is going up, and a stock that is going sideways, why would you put your money in the one that is going sideways?

Better to buy an additional parcel of the stock that is going up, and tighten up your stop loss imo. You can always sell the second parcel later on, and buy the one going sideways if it eventually starts heading up.

Diversification is all well and good, but its better to have money in a stock going up. Also, and this doesnt effect you yet, but once you have more than 11-13 different stocks in a portfolio, the returns track closer and closer to the all ords.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

Ok, but if you have a choice between a stock that is going up, and a stock that is going sideways, why would you put your money in the one that is going sideways?

Better to buy an additional parcel of the stock that is going up, and tighten up your stop loss imo. You can always sell the second parcel later on, and buy the one going sideways if it eventually starts heading up.

Diversification is all well and good, but its better to have money in a stock going up. Also, and this doesnt effect you yet, but once you have more than 11-13 different stocks in a portfolio, the returns track closer and closer to the all ords.

No I agree with you it was just one that was on my mind and I've made some money off so far. I'll probably have a think over the weekend and redistribute on Monday. I hear you here thanks.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

Most of the thread are in their thirties posting on an auspol thread on a paid internet forum that requires payments for avatar changes. The greatest lie here is those in denial that they are the bourgie milquetoast lower-l liberals than the working class tankies they wish they were.

:laffo: a one-off payment of $10US makes us the true upper class, really makes you think

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

No I agree with you it was just one that was on my mind and I've made some money off so far. I'll probably have a think over the weekend and redistribute on Monday. I hear you here thanks.

This used to be my jam, and im always happy to chat about stocks, so if you want to PM me feel free.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Capt.Whorebags posted:

REDACTED WAS REDACTED FOR REDACTED

I’d like to redact Dutton if you know what I mean

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laffo: a one-off payment of $10US makes us the true upper class, really makes you think

owning the means of avatar production

a bunch of james loving camerons itt

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
97% of “poor” people have a custom avatar

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
ABC says the US nearly launched strikes on Iran

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Own it and embrace it you know its so. Reddit is more likely a better cross section so given its lack of controls. Or even twitter. That may make you laugh but they have tge same votes we do.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

He is not the opposition leader, he is the Labor leader because Bill Shorten was just so devisive .

The lesson Labor learned is to apparently be a doormat until the economy tanks then open the trap door beneath the doormat or something.

i believe the plan is small target until the liberals incompetence flips the give-team-b-a-go switch in peoples brains without, and this is the tricky part, having any policy differences that would cause old man murdoch to get ornery at them

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i believe the plan is small target until the liberals incompetence flips the give-team-b-a-go switch in peoples brains without, and this is the tricky part, having any policy differences that would cause old man murdoch to get ornery at them

Yes... You don't want to upset Father...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
David i know its tough but the view from the ground was Bill wasnt divisive. It was that he was vanilla, gormless or had a head that resembled an eggplant. He lost the second unloseable election. Keeping him would be like Andrew Peacock or the Downers Months.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Lid posted:

All these bloody cashed up public servants !!!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

This worked out very well for NSW Labor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gridlocked posted:

ABC says the US nearly launched strikes on Iran

https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1141906401763217408?s=19