Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can definitely skip the Agartha banners unless you particularly like one of the servants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lots of people like Penth though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still waiting for Sherlock Holmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clawtopsy posted:

i just wanted to share the amazing very cool idea i had, which is that when you spend 30sq on a whim at a banner it should be called a yolorolo

In honor of your summer Marie hitting bond 10, I shall call my next roll a yolorolo.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Lots of people like Penth though.

Unless you want them now really badly they’re all in the general pool and will spook you repeatedly, so don’t worry about it.

Source: Me, owner of every Agartha servant except Chris.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

BlazeEmblem posted:

In honor of your summer Marie hitting bond 10, I shall call my next roll a yolorolo.

:hai:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why not just cut out the middle man and call it a Yoll

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
it's called a memeroll

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Suaimhneas posted:

After almost two years I still don't have even one scope, should I just give up hope of doing quick looping right now or what

No, you just use Holy Night Supper and Lancelot. He can do the job even at NP1 provided you make sure to max the CE's level.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I kinda half-assed this event, but I at least got the CEs maxed and Kintoki's mats/NP5. I also got lucky with CE drops and ended up with 3 extra Golden Sumos and one extra Hot Spring. Didn't get many mats, though - only got all the dragon fangs, lanterns, and gears (plus enough Lancer statues to get my Enkidu ascended). Not a huge deal, since I basically have enough to ascend the guys I want and I'm not in a hurry to level up skills.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That post thinks you're supposed to agree with Columbus on everything.

The game has Columbus' alignment be Chaotic Evil, so they certainly don't consider him a good guy. I'd say that his alignment is justified:

quote:

Christopher Columbus, the man credited with discovering the Americas, was a greedy and vindictive tyrant who saved some of his most violent punishments for his own followers, according to a document uncovered by Spanish historians. As governor and viceroy of the Indies, Columbus imposed iron discipline on the first Spanish colony in the Americas, in what is now the Caribbean country of Dominican Republic. Punishments included cutting off people's ears and noses, parading women naked through the streets and selling them into slavery.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Now that I have a new phone, time to re-download and face the grind.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hey 30 sq for the soft launch

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I kinda half-assed this event, but I at least got the CEs maxed and Kintoki's mats/NP5.

I used all of the dumplings and managed to get a pretty high damage score:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Are the three ladies on the current banner story locked or do they join the general spook pool? Summon description says story so I assume the first.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Omobono posted:

Are the three ladies on the current banner story locked or do they join the general spook pool? Summon description says story so I assume the first.

All 3 of them are permanent Servants.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Np2 Penth for 90 quartz. May try rolling more a bit later but for now I'm good.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I tossed in 270 quartz chasing the 4*s and instead ended up with a third copy of Anne & Mary and this on the last pull:

I never thought my reaction to a double 5* pull would be a sigh and a muttered "oh goddammit" but welp.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think by JP standards even if you put all the unsavory elements of Agartha aside, the writing apparently just wasn't good

Nightless Caster still one of my fav characters tho and so is Penth. The former does not start out great meta wise, but she becomes a solid Caster in the future with her upgrades

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Saigyouji posted:

All 3 of them are permanent Servants.

Nice. I got lucky and Nightless Caster and Assassin joined off a 10 roll and 6 tickets, I'll wait for an El Dorado Berserker spook sooner or later.

preemptive P.S. EMIYA OG and EMIYA edgelord variant stop spooking me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Did a single 10 roll to try for Penth, finally got the last Imaginary Around I needed for MLBing it, but not much else.

This is presumably to balance out the fact that I got Quetz earlier on a ticket I threw at the Story gacha for laughs.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The Maries are going Underground!! To bring FRANCE to CAVE TOWN

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Banner was good.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 21, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no more summons until summer

need quartz

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Astolfo outta nowhere. I'm glad cutest boy* is here.
Also, someone give monsieur Meunière a sizeable bonus please.

*I think there's already been this discussion, but just to check:
_Astolfo identifies as male, he just loves dressing [sparkles]fabulously[/sparkles];
_Grand Order Leonardo identifies as female
_D'Eon is non-binary (and thanks to how Servant interact with their legend they can switch physical genders at will, I assume much to their comfort);
_Enkidu is genderless,
_I can't think of other possibly non-gender conformig servants
_actually I can but I'm not touching the Arturia/Mordred mess in their self-image vs. Camelot/English rear end in a top hat misogyny.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

dogsicle posted:

you can definitely skip the Agartha banners unless you particularly like one of the servants

I spent my entire stockpile of quartz (750 quartz, 25+ rolls) on this banner. :suicide:

I don't particularly care for Caster or Berserker, I just wanted Assassin. I wanted assassin badly.

ENDING ROLLS:

NP5 Berserker
NP2 Caster
NP1 Waver
NP1 Orion
AND
NP1 Assassin, who showed up on the very last 10 roll.

Someone take this aggressive muscle girl away, please.

Omobono posted:

Upcoming chinese emperor guy from the JP who's evolved beyond such puny things (Asexual)?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Btw if anyone skipped the news, we're getting 30 quartz as a anniversary present on 25th June. The actual celebration and associated goodies will come later, most probably at the next con.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Omobono posted:

So the original plan was to send Ritsuka to than singularity alone and utterly defenseless and Meunière actually snuck these Servants into the rayshift against regulations. Good thing that Meunière broke the rules or Ritsuka would have ended up as chimera food. I guess I'll chalk that up to Chaldea being idiotic rather than them actively trying to get Ritsuka killed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Chaldea ain't good at their job after part 1.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That implies there was a point Chaldea was ever good at its job.

love to be randomly rayshifted into assfuck nowhere on a regular basis

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Omobono posted:

*I think there's already been this discussion, but just to check:
_Astolfo identifies as male, he just loves dressing [sparkles]fabulously[/sparkles];
_Grand Order Leonardo identifies as female
_D'Eon is non-binary (and thanks to how Servant interact with their legend they can switch physical genders at will, I assume much to their comfort);
_Enkidu is genderless,
_actually I can but I'm not touching the Arturia/Mordred mess in their self-image vs. Camelot/English rear end in a top hat misogyny.

Mordred is explicitly "it's complicated" according to the last part of her profile, but generally female pronouns seem to be used outside some of the knights who never talked to her without her identity-concealing helmet. With Arturia they've said she publicly presented as male only for political purposes, and the fact that she couldn't love Guinevere as a man is a plot point.

I feel like the Da Vinci situation is more complicated than just identifying as female but it seems to vary depending on the writer and is twisted even more by fan interpretations and multiple translations so I don't feel like arguing about it. All I'll say is that in the material books her gender is listed as "Female (body)".

As far as upcoming servants where gender might come up go, you have Nezha, who I think is an androgynous non-human who was given a female body upon being summoned? I'm not really sure.

There's the Riyo servants like Bunyan and J Edgar Hoover, who are mostly male figures who are girls now for reasons even they don't know.

There's Hokusai, who is a father/daughter pair summon where the father sometimes possesses his daughter's body depending on what ascension you choose.

And then there's the first emperor, who has evolved to a form beyond sex or gender like Ultimate Kars in Jojo.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

Chaldea ain't good at their job after part 1.

Chaldea were never good at their job. One glaring example was in London, where Tesla kicked everone's asses and walked off, abandoning the grail and the fog machine. Removing the grail and destroying the machine would have made the destruction of London impossible and greatly weakened Tesla, but Ritsuka instead decided to chase after Tesla without even having a plan or means of beating him and nobody in Chaldea saw anything wrong with that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you haven't seen the Crypters yet you are only hitting the tip of the "What the gently caress is going on at chaldea" iceberg.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I did a yolorolo and got a 4* Yan Qing along side a whole lot of trash.

Thanks, I hate it.

When it comes to 4* assassins, I've never found myself needing anyone other than my first Carmilla that I got for free when I started. Is it really worth keeping him, Emiya (Assassin) and Stheno? I've never used any of them and I'm thiiiis close to turning the lot of them into rare prisms and getting me some Mona Lisa essences or a dapper suit.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's almost never worth it to burn gold servants, and definitely not your only copy of them. Rare prisms aren't worth that much, and in a couple years you can start getting 5 from every rerun you've done previously.

Even if you don't use the servant now, you might use them someday. Servants get buffed all the time, either directly or through new servants or fights that they synergize with. I very nearly turned my Atalanta into a rare prism a couple years ago since I never used her, but thanks to the meta changes on JP she's one of my best archers now.

Even if you never, ever use them, you still get indirect benefits through extra quartz and mats from interludes and the like. Your storage is huge and you have the second archive to compliment it. The only reason it should ever fill up is if you're stockpiling huge amounts of xp embers, at which point you can afford to use it to level up some servants you don't normally use.

That being said, if you are going to burn any 4*, Stheno is probably the one to do it to.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Emiya is a really good single-target Arts assassin. I think he's the only person in the game with a targetable taunt and you can play some fun games with that by pointing enemy attacks at somebody with Evade, or getting bosses to NP somebody you don't mind losing instead of your DPS. His second skill lets him pierce invincibility so you don't have to worry about enemy bullshit. He's also good at generating stars if you can get his Q cards going. You really need some way to get him NP though because his NP gain is absolutely awful, one of the worst in the game I think. You have a Waver if I recall? That'll do it.

Stheno is errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a prism.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

everyone except for gudako is an idiot at chaldea

gudako is also an idiot, but also durable and lucky

the most idiotic person at chaldea? of ALL of them? the biggest, hugest, DUMBEST IDIOT MORON BRAIN IDIOT? it's your fave servant!!!!!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Not sure why I threw anything at the banner but at least I now have an MLB Prisma Cosmos for Merlin to maximize the gardens that are Avaloning.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

After almost two years I still don't have even one scope, should I just give up hope of doing quick looping right now or what

I'm late responding to this, but this was my experience on my JP account:

Nearly four years between starting and getting my first kaleidoscope. I'm not sure if this will instill you with any hope or do the exact opposite, but hey. Other people share your pain, and you may get lucky eventually.

For what it's worth, I was making a point to roll on as many gachas as possible that didn't have any rate-up CEs, to slightly increase the odds of getting a kaleidoscope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

I did a yolorolo and got a 4* Yan Qing along side a whole lot of trash.

Thanks, I hate it.

When it comes to 4* assassins, I've never found myself needing anyone other than my first Carmilla that I got for free when I started. Is it really worth keeping him, Emiya (Assassin) and Stheno? I've never used any of them and I'm thiiiis close to turning the lot of them into rare prisms and getting me some Mona Lisa essences or a dapper suit.

Mona Lisa is only a 10% qp boost and you'll probably rarely have need of a mystic code that isn't in the base set of four. Also starting next year you can get free RP from a few sources, so burning gold servants that have interludes and strengthening quests (and could get more) isn't advised unless you've got a few duplicates. Interludes/strengthenings give you a couple quartz a pop and also will eventually feed into milestone quests that award 10 quartz per 10 completed interludes or strengthenings.

As for your specific golds, Emiya is a versatile arts assassin who has one of the few sources of guaranteed drain on NP in the entire game. He's at home in an arts stall team but can also play in faster arts crit teams as well. Stheno is notable for having a bunch of of interludes/strengthenings but she is also a good Divine support, giving a baseline 60% atk boost to a Divine DPS between her charisma and NP debuff. She mostly shines in anti-male teams but the addition of buff stripping to her NP gives her some utility in both protecting the team and ensuring your damage isn't hindered by evades and defense buffs etc.

Yan Qing is kinda bad tho. His skills are focused on star generation and manipulation to the exclusion of damage...and generally you want good damage instead of stars. He gets a decent buff eventually but will need a couple more to stand out among the already good 4* assassins (Shiki, Emiya, Wu, Carmilla).