Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, the 'augment gold' shard is really goddamn good if you're looking for, well, spending money

as for getting more actual gold? it's a bit tight. not sure on a good method.
Okay where's an unreliable place to find Gold The Item that isn't "find fifty loving Mercury, somehow, when I haven't seen a single unit of it all game"

Saint Freak posted:

Did anyone find a Whip Mastery shard? I feel like I have every weapon except that.
I found it in the Secret Sorcery Lab, off the ladies with whips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Zereth posted:

Okay where's an unreliable place to find Gold The Item that isn't "find fifty loving Mercury, somehow, when I haven't seen a single unit of it all game"

I found it in the Secret Sorcery Lab, off the ladies with whips

1) You can buy Mercury.
2) Chests in the Hidden Desert.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I've taken to spewing large clumps of bats at large stuff I want dead

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Novasol posted:

1) You can buy Mercury.
2) Chests in the Hidden Desert.

Ah, number 2 must be where the whole one gold I have came from

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm in post game now and holy poo poo O.D. is owning my rear end hard. First fight I tried to brute force him with an Eternal Blue 2 hander and he ate my poo poo like nothing. Guess it's time to git gud.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Deified Data posted:

The amount of options for ways to kill things dead has been great. I'm rocking the knight familiar right now, and it's good it apparently levels from me killing stuff. Because it's always way too late to the party.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It sounds like the gun backer item is the only one that doesn't do anything interesting lol

So of course it's the one I got

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 21, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zereth posted:

Mercury is sold in the trading post, isn't it?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 21, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Mercury is sold in the trading post, isn't it?
Oh, so it is

And let's see, at 150 gold each, I'd need... 67,500 money to upgrade my Alchemic Bounty shard once. Plus getting the Dark Matter and I haven't seen Fell Leaves yet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It sounds like the gun backer item is the only one that doesn't do anything interesting lol

You can break down backer items and get your coin back. Its 0 risk to make one.

Like i gotta stress this, Iga wants you to be OP as gently caress and will not let you do things that hinder your trajectory to unlimited power

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

You can break down backer items and get your coin back. Its 0 risk to make one.

Oh sweet thank you lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wish you could craft alkahest though

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Deified Data posted:

I'm still using the flame shot from the tutorial, because I could quickly level it to 7 with cheap gunpowder and use it as a shotgun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RBA Starblade posted:

I entered my backer code in the start menu and nothing happened as far as I could tell so vOv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Der Shovel posted:

I entered my backer code in the start menu and nothing happened as far as I could tell so vOv

No, the one you can buy - Rei's Requiem or something. It's just a slightly stronger gun.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

:doh:

I assumed it was a weird glitch because it disappeared after talking to Dominique and didn't come back.

I've had some visual effects just disappear despite still having the item or shard equipped that makes it happen, so it probably is a glitch just in the other direction.

JBP posted:

I bought the upgraded orchid sword and it's good but I also found like a steam powered greatsword and it does good damage... Too bad I never hit anything because I'm the boss of loving lightning.

I wanted to like that steam sword but you never end up charging it against anybody (because it's just faster to swing again and do more damage) and the charge is touchy and ends up happening even if I didn't hold the button that long and just screws up my attacks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Givin posted:

I'm in post game now and holy poo poo O.D. is owning my rear end hard. First fight I tried to brute force him with an Eternal Blue 2 hander and he ate my poo poo like nothing. Guess it's time to git gud.

Use the sword whip. It literally can stunlock him

The sword whip is a frigging amazing weapon

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Do all of the 8-bit coin items have a gimmick to them? I got the Red Blade and it clearly powers up based on the number of shards you've collected. I've been pretty voracious about collecting them when I encounter a new enemy, so it's stayed far ahead in power of any other weapons that I've seen so far. I'm curious what the shoes do, because I much rather be using kicks.

As for making money, I'm not at the end game so there might be a better option, but my plan was to find some easy enemy to kill that has a fairly common weapon drop. Last night I was grinding shards for the petrification defense, and by the time I got 9 I had something like 27 Halcyon swords (or whatever they're called), ended up with 36,000 gold for selling them all. They die in a single hit from the portrait shard, so I just stood in place, occasionally refreshing it and grabbing some bags that fell too far from me. Took about 30 minutes, I think, and easily could be done watching a TV show.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Cowcaster posted:

i wish you could craft alkahest though

There are two rooms at the top of the dragon towers with poltergeists in it, one has 3, the other two. They drop them fairly on the regular. They are also right next to each other.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
God drat Iga did it y'all

This is exactly what backers wanted and what the man promised. I can understand why it might feel a tiny bit floaty or clunky for some people. Those people weren't looking for a spiritual successor to Dawn of sorrow, etc

This is the authentic DS Castlevania experience but cleaner/prettier (I do prefer sprites but this works). Can't wait to go home and collect more souls/shards and die to the rear end in a top hat second boss some more

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

KingSlime posted:

This is exactly what backers wanted and what the man promised. I can understand why it might feel a tiny but floaty or clunky for some people. Those people weren't looking for a spiritual successor to Dawn of sorrow, etc.

I still feel the only way it could be more perfect (for me) is if it had it's own version of Juste Belmont: Interior Decorator.

I'm one of the like...ten people who REALLY like Harmony of Dissonance, though.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

ImpAtom posted:

Use the sword whip. It literally can stunlock him

The sword whip is a frigging amazing weapon

It really is. Once you have it you can really trivialize a lot of things. If you have a Maxed out Sword and Whip shard it gets really crazy too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I wish I could have the same exhilaration as everyone else but the performance issues are so god damned tiring.

I wish it didn't run like poo poo on PS4. It ruined a pretty cool boss and makes it so I can't use certain familiars without it stopping for ten seconds.

The "move super fast" powerup is kind of worthless when I hit a 6 second load on every screen transition.

Nevermind this poo poo with the chest bugs.

I waited four years and my prevailing thought every now and then is, "man they should have taken a couple more."

The gameplay is fine, perfect even, I like the areas I've gone through and the music and the enemies and basically every part of the design is great. But god drat it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
sounds like the ps4 sucks

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

sounds like the ps4 sucks

Really glad I went with PC even if I had to replace my stupid brand new faulty USB cable. I might have to pick up a DS4 Bluetooth receiver if those work well

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Phantasium posted:

I wish I could have the same exhilaration as everyone else but the performance issues are so god damned tiring.

I wish it didn't run like poo poo on PS4. It ruined a pretty cool boss and makes it so I can't use certain familiars without it stopping for ten seconds.

The "move super fast" powerup is kind of worthless when I hit a 6 second load on every screen transition.

Nevermind this poo poo with the chest bugs.

I waited four years and my prevailing thought every now and then is, "man they should have taken a couple more."

The gameplay is fine, perfect even, I like the areas I've gone through and the music and the enemies and basically every part of the design is great. But god drat it.

Hmm, I'm playing on PS4 and while it doesn't run flawlessly by any means, it's definitely not as bad as you're describing. The only time a screen transition takes more than a second is when I'm going to a different "zone" on the map. I haven't found a familiar that causes constant hitching, what ones are you having problems with? Also at 75% map the only boss that has seemed overly framey, to the point it was annoying, was the twin dragons.

I'm curious, are you closing the application or just suspending the game when you stop?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CRAYON posted:

Hmm, I'm playing on PS4 and while it doesn't run flawlessly by any means, it's definitely not as bad as you're describing. The only time a screen transition takes more than a second is when I'm going to a different "zone" on the map. I haven't found a familiar that causes constant hitching, what ones are you having problems with? Also at 75% map the only boss that has seemed overly framey, to the point it was annoying, was the twin dragons.

When I say 6 second screen transitions I'm talking explicitly when you're using the the shard that zooms you everywhere, the game can't keep up with the loading.

The boss it fucks up is towards the end of the game, one of his attacks sends the fps to 10 until the things on screen are gone.

Dantalion's spells will occasionally choke the game to stopping for ten seconds. If I turn him off it's suddenly fine.

This is regardless if I used suspend or restart the game (it does it for both).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, uh, that doesn't sound like an issue with the game. that sounds like something is up with your ps4.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://kotaku.com/console-repairmen-explain-why-cockroaches-love-ps4s-1794393470

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Phantasium posted:

Dantalion's spells will occasionally choke the game to stopping for ten seconds. If I turn him off it's suddenly fine.

I've been using Dantalion almost exclusively for the entire game. :shrug:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Glad it works for you, I guess?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't think people are trying to rub that fact in, I think they're advising you test your PS4 for potential hardware issues

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, "works on my machine" is only a lovely thing to say for pcs where potential hardware configurations are as numerous as stars in the sky. for a machine that's ostensibly literally made up from the exact same components it's actually meaningful that your ps4 is having problems running it when other people's aren't

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've only had it chug really once on PS4, entering that double tower area. I do get some rough load times occasionally, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, "works on my machine" is only a lovely thing to say for pcs where potential hardware configurations are as numerous as stars in the sky. for a machine that's ostensibly literally made up from the exact same components it's actually meaningful that your ps4 is having problems running it when other people's aren't

Then can I just say it's just loving frustrating that my first run through the game was ruined by this poo poo?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Do you use an external HDD? I've been having a few hitching issues, I haven't tried moving it over to the internal to test yet but I did have a ton of problems with the FF7 remaster of all things until I moved it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RichterIX posted:

So you use an external HDD? I've been having a few hitching issues, I haven't tried moving it over to the internal to test yet but I did have a ton of problems with the FF7 remaster of all things until I moved it.

Stock rear end PS4 Pro with no issues on anything else ever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Phantasium posted:

I wish it didn't run like poo poo on PS4.

Yeah, I double dipped. I got the Xbox One X version as my backer reward, and after a couple of hours decided I couldn't put up with the uneven FPS and bought the PC version.

I'm a sucker, but Iga deserves it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'd also check that it's not overheating. I had major, major issues with FFXV for a bit, because I'm lazy and live in a dusty area, and it got clogged up. Cleaning it out cleared up the problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does anything special happen if you never sell shards to Dominique or is that just flavor text?