Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zachack posted:

Anything for Elex? Having memories of Risen where bad choices can kinda screw you.
Personally, I recommend cheating your stats to maximum. You know, strength, toughness, etc. It doesn't actually make you a lot stronger, because combat strength and durability is almost entirely determined by story progression and your equipment. It just makes it less annoying, because there's a minimum requirement for pretty much every piece of equipment and this way, you will actually get to use the interesting stuff right away. Skills and money remain just as much of a limiting factor as they are normally.

Second, there's a pair of sunglasses lying on top of some cars at the converter in South Abessa, which will permanently highlight items for you whenever you wear them. Get them ASAP, they're worth it.

Mzbundifund posted:

Item cooldowns continue to run even when they're not on your person, and throwing an item has no cooldown at all. If you sword a person, throw your sword at someone, teleport your sword to yourself, you can throw it again instantly without waiting. You can easily kill 3 people with a single sword (or wrench) this way, and can kill 5 with two swords, all before they can react.

Subverters unlock doors.

You can instakill people unavoidably through all sorts of defenses by dropping a glitch trap that teleports them into space at your feet, and then swap-teleporting your target onto the glitch trap. If you don't have a glitch trap, you can do the same by shooting a bullet at a window and swap-teleporting your target in front of the window before the bullet impacts.
Much appreciated! The second trick I already knew, but the rest of that will definitely be helpful. If anyone else has something, feel to chime in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lucas Archer posted:

Borderlands 2 or the pre sequel? Should I play one first, or does it matter?

Both are fun up to a point and then they abruptly stop being fun due to lengthy quests across empty landscapes. If you think you're getting to that point in either game, you can try out some of the DLC. Tiny Tina's DLC for BL2 is good fun (unless that character annoys you) and the Claptastic Voyage DLC for TPS is pretty entertaining,

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I decided to go with Borderlands 2 first. Fun game, even if an orange weapon dropped and despawned because I died before picking it up.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
FYI, beforeiplay.com was on fuckinghomepage.com yesterday.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Gynovore posted:

FYI, beforeiplay.com was on fuckinghomepage.com yesterday.

Thanks - this is the first time I've heard of that website. Nice to see it shared. I checked the stats and the views yesterday weren't much higher than numbers we've got before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Centipeed posted:

I checked the stats and the views yesterday weren't much higher than numbers we've got before.
:iceburn:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
It's a fun little page, kinda like Fark lite. Not too well known, though.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy it was shared. I'm actually worried about the day where a huge website shares it and we get 1 million hits in a day. No way is my hosting going to survive that.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Anyone have any helpful tips for Days Gone? Didn't see anything in the wiki and couldn't find anything by searching this thread.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's one of those fairly straightforward games. In five or six hours of watching someone play it I didn't really notice anything particular that you really need to know up-front.

There is, however, one fairly big bug/optimisation issue that you might want to watch out for. This game has pop-in and dynamic spawning in a very bad way and when you move too quickly (like on your motorbike, for example) it's entirely possible for a whole horde of zombies to just spontaneously pop into existence right in front of you. Like, thirty-plus at a time. So, uh, always be ready to brake. Just a heads-up.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Anything for State of Decay 2 or Rome: Imperator?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

homewrecker posted:

Anyone have any helpful tips for Days Gone? Didn't see anything in the wiki and couldn't find anything by searching this thread.

If you plan on getting the Platinum then make sure you loot everything off people even if your inventory is full. There is a trophy related to it that can be more difficult if you wait.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

As a question for Shadow Warrior 2 - I understand there's actually co-op in this. Is that something I should play through single player first before doing, or I can use my single player character in co-op and vice versa so it doesn't matter, or what? Is the co-op actually good?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

limp_cheese posted:

Anything for State of Decay 2

- Guns will draw every zed from a mile around if you use them without a silencer, so only use them in life-or-death situations. The major exception is human enemies, as they are very durable to melee but go down with one headshot.

- Cars are both durable and not. Drive them for miles with no issue but if you plow through rocks and zeds then you will need to use resources to repair them. I highly recommend sticking to roads; driving close to scavenge points is temping but it's very easy to get your car jammed on some errant ground debris, requiring you to either abandon it or use another car to ram it out of place.

- Your unbreakable knife is a passable weapon against solo zeds, feel free to unequip a good weapon and use that.

- You will never be entirely self sufficient, so use outposts to get a drip feed of whatever resources you are using the most of. Construction materials to start, ammo and medicine later.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Anything for Atelier Firis (PS4)?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

-There's a warp point above the exit to your home base on the next screen, don't miss it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The 7 Days To Die tips were four years and several major overhauls old, so I went ahead and redid them.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

The 7 Days To Die tips were four years and several major overhauls old, so I went ahead and redid them.

Thank you.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

As a question for Shadow Warrior 2 - I understand there's actually co-op in this. Is that something I should play through single player first before doing, or I can use my single player character in co-op and vice versa so it doesn't matter, or what? Is the co-op actually good?
You can start co-oping right away and it's probably the best way to play the game. If I remember correctly you can use your character in both solo and co-op too.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone have anything for The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Map out where points of interest are and restart if getting lost is going to bother you (it shouldn't).

The game puts you directly in the characters shoes, and doesn't really tell you the way home from school or where friends live, since the character himself knows that and it would be awkward to explain via exposition.

But really, the only important thing is don't try to Max out stats or relationships unless it feels natural. You can't do everything so enjoy the journey.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

-You will not be able to pay for the gym, but there is still a way to work out there.

- If you are really hurting for cash you can skirt around rival gang fights and loot the bodies that drop, even if you don't get involved in the fight.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? I heard there is an SotN style final boss fakeout; any tells for this?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? I heard there is an SotN style final boss fakeout; any tells for this?

You will not be confused about whether you got the bad ending, if that's what you mean.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Unreal_One posted:

You will not be confused about whether you got the bad ending, if that's what you mean.
Mostly thinking of whether I can tell there is a point of no return and whether it will allow me to save beforehand or if I'll have to restart the game.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The bad end sends you back to your last save, and you can't save after the point of no return. If you save before boss doors, you'll be fine.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

anilEhilated posted:

Mostly thinking of whether I can tell there is a point of no return and whether it will allow me to save beforehand or if I'll have to restart the game.

The “final” boss is really easy to get to but to see everything and get the actual ending you have to go everywhere but there first. If you’re on a big golden staircase before you’re given a special weapon specifically for that fight then turn around. You do get an achievement for beating him early though!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Realized the other one is a direct sequel, so anything for Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bloodstained:

There is a teleporter location directly above the hub in the village. You access it by exiting the village to the right to the screen that has two bone throwing corpses then immediately exiting to the upper left on that screen.

There is a poorly telegraphed quest in mid game where the triggers to have characters explain it you are so easily missed im just going to spoil what to do. After beating a boss fight consisting of two dragons, descend the tower and collect the item in the gold chest. With this item, return to the room in the village hub with the nun and have your photo taken in the portrait studio. With this photo then return to the librarian in the castle and hell make you a pass for the train.

If youre late in the game there is a suit of armor you can find that ignores spikes. You dont technically need this to beat the game but very late into the game there is a corridor of spikes you need to traverse and this is the by far easiest way.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What should I know about Nioh?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The wiki covers all the details, but think of it as Diablo by way of Dark Souls and you know everything about it that you really need to.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Two more for Bloodstained:

- Not all the NPCs in your home base will be inside the actual building. Check the area to the left, some fairly useful NPCs will eventually pop up there.

- You can buy Waystones (which teleport you to the home base) from the nun for fairly cheap. It's usually a good idea to have some with you in case you ever find yourself with low HP far away from any save spots.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Bloodstained:

Just like in SotN, you can reach higher areas by kick jumping yourself off of enemies with the double jump. You can also jump kick off your own Buer familiar!

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 24, 2019

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

fridge corn posted:

No optional mission will ever be closed off to you, and they are all designed around the assumption that you will come back later with better stuff.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

GloomMouse posted:

Just like in SotN, you can reach higher areas by kick jumping yourself off of enemies with the double jump.
Wait, what? The SotN trick involved kickjumping without the double-jump to reach ledges that required it. What am I missing?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Pierzak posted:

Wait, what? The SotN trick involved kickjumping without the double-jump to reach ledges that required it. What am I missing?
There's still areas you can't reach with just the double jump but luring an enemy nearby and kicking off them does the trick. You can't kick off enemies without the double jump in this one.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

PJOmega posted:

Realized the other one is a direct sequel, so anything for Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book?

gently caress the last boss of this game, I cannot beat it.

To add, there are no game time limits like in other games of this type. The day number is just generic and doesn't mean anything.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bloodstained PSA: Bats are loving assholes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Bloodstained PSA: Bats are loving assholes.
Let them enjoy their anal sex in peace, you prude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

fridge corn posted:

You should be using your skills a ton, if you just use basic attacks & play it like dark souls it gets really difficult and boring.