Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Lmfao

According to well-informed sources, Iran rejected a proposal by US intelligence – made via a third party – that Trump be allowed to bomb one, two or three clear objectives, to be chosen by Iran, so that both countries could appear to come out as winners and Trump could save face. Iran categorically rejected the offer and sent its reply: even an attack against an empty sandy beach in Iran would trigger a missile launch against US objectives in the Gulf.

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

the best part is actually the next few paragraphs imo

quote:

Moreover, Iran has established a joint operations room to inform all its allies in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Afghanistan of every step it is adopting in confronting the US in case of all-out war in the Middle East. Iran’s allies have increased their level of readiness and alert to the highest level; they will participate in the war from the moment it begins if necessary. According to sources, Iran’s allies will not hesitate to open fire against an already agreed on bank of objectives in a perfectly organised, orchestrated, synchronised and graduated response, anticipating a war that may last many months.

Sources confirmed that, in case of war, Iran aims to stop the flow of oil from the Middle East completely, not by targeting tankers but by hitting the sources of oil in every single Middle Eastern country, whether these countries are considered allies or enemies. The objective will be to cease all oil exports from the Middle East to the rest of the world.

hahahah.s.hl'kwlsapjkl. ha aha hahaha halmfao aha ahahahahaha agoogoieyeynjaajajajaa.

Teh. TEH!!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Lmfao

According to well-informed sources, Iran rejected a proposal by US intelligence – made via a third party – that Trump be allowed to bomb one, two or three clear objectives, to be chosen by Iran, so that both countries could appear to come out as winners and Trump could save face. Iran categorically rejected the offer and sent its reply: even an attack against an empty sandy beach in Iran would trigger a missile launch against US objectives in the Gulf.

sometimes there is nothing you can do but lift your head to the sky and lol

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
There's no specific source quoted but goddrat thats a harrowing mental picture.

the USA would muddle through after a few months of shocks because shale only gets viable when oil trades high but fffffffffuckin' RIP everywhere else

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Willie Tomg posted:

hahahah.s.hl'kwlsapjkl. ha aha hahaha halmfao aha ahahahahaha agoogoieyeynjaajajajaa.

Teh. TEH!!

i feel like if this was true we would have already put a million patriot missile batteries around every oil field owned by someone that doesnt hate us

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Willie Tomg posted:

Teh. TEH!!

ok on one hand i obviously am opposed to us starting a war but otoh iran successfully destroying the global economy by making oil cost 600 a barrel would be p sweet

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

iran saves humanity by hitting every oil field, pipeline, and terminal with a barrage of ballistic missiles and craters CO2 emissions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Iran is gonna hold the world's balls in a vicegrip if they suspend oil exports from Hormuz and will definitely get the EU, China and Russia to intervene if that happens ao it's a dangerous gamble but also the best choice considering how damaging Trump's embargo is.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

This seems inaccurate and speculative. But also very very funny

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

This seems inaccurate and speculative. But also very very funny

it's almost definitely just spin from some Iranian hardliner outfit, but inside that almost there is a belly-laugh of abject terror.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Iran is gonna hold the world's balls in a vicegrip if they suspend oil exports from Hormuz and will definitely get the EU, China and Russia to intervene if that happens ao it's a dangerous gamble but also the best choice considering how damaging Trump's embargo is.

I dont see what they have to win from this. Everyone would immediately just agree to destroy them

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i feel like if this was true we would have already put a million patriot missile batteries around every oil field owned by someone that doesnt hate us

we don't have that many patriots, for starters laffo

but yeah "speculative" is a nice word for something whose sourcing links to the dude's own hype tweets and popular mechanics

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i think it's about as legit as wapo's "we'll just bomb this a bit and win in no time"

reading that propaganda is great tho. better than any clancy poo poo

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Iran and US should hash this out with a martial arts competition IMHO

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
the watermark of civilization was japanese generals settling battles in personal combat while their retinues traded arrows and insults from across the field. its been all downhill everywhere since then.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

iran doing kooky improv while 'murica does slapstick.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/mikegravel/status/1142072953355624448?s=21

Gravel teens!

quote:

Sources confirmed that, in case of war, Iran aims to stop the flow of oil from the Middle East completely, not by targeting tankers but by hitting the sources of oil in every single Middle Eastern country, whether these countries are considered allies or enemies. The objective will be to cease all oil exports from the Middle East to the rest of the world.
This is good for... maduro!!!

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Jun 21, 2019

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
trunp should have dod pull an old drone out of the shed, shoot it down, and claim it was Iranian

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

iran saves humanity by hitting every oil field, pipeline, and terminal with a barrage of ballistic missiles and craters CO2 emissions

This is my new favorite comedy option, surpassing the one where they bring forth the Mahdi

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Willie Tomg posted:

Teh. TEH!!

lmao we’re gonna get so owned

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao we’re gonna get so owned

Inshallah

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Magnier is basically the Syrian equivalent of those DC pundits that just print what the State Department and Pentagon want publicized. Which makes him better than most of those guys.

He did get into a beef with Hezbollah a while back though which was funny.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:d2a:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tbh if Iran promises to destroy the oil fields then maybe war's not the worst thing ever, it would be incredible if that's what destroyed capitalism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

orange sky posted:

I dont see what they have to win from this. Everyone would immediately just agree to destroy them

Russia would win big if prices of oil and natural gas skyrocketed for one.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

holy moly that article lmao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

is there a word for deeply wishing something is true but also hoping it isnt

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

is there a word for deeply wishing something is true but also hoping it isnt

trump

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

this nations is hosed lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

i forget, what awful poo poo did slick willy get up to in foreign policy?

im pretty sure he like, bombed kuwait or something like that? idk i was a child back then so i dont remember anything about him tbh

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

somalia was a pretty epic gently caress up and killing spree, but mebbe that was bush the elder?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

wow, Iran powerslamming the entire middle east's capacity to export oil, that would really be some poo poo

it's a terrifying, titillating prospect

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

im pretty sure he like, bombed kuwait or something like that? idk i was a child back then so i dont remember anything about him tbh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_bombing_of_the_Chinese_embassy_in_Belgrade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shifa_pharmaceutical_factory

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Here is a jacobin article about clinton bombing that medicine factory

also he bombed iraq a shitload of times to enforce the no fly zone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Clinton (along with France) also made sure the UN mission to Rwanda did nothing but watch as the preparations for the genocide were laid out

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
he killed layla al-attar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i guess the kuwait thing was bush 1 then? not surprised at all that he has several other war crimes to his name